onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

Do you know who all the "possible signings" are...

I would imagine the answer is "no" because none of us do for sure.

In which case how can you form any judgement on whether they are any better until they arrive?

I've complained before about people judging players before they even play for us but to judge them before they even sign takes it to a whole new level...

The possible signings are the ones reported in the Sentinel not the future ones.

Ball would be a very good signing for this league. Didn’t do so well last season but prior to that has always been a decent player. Be very pleased if this is true and we can get the deal over the line.

Ball played in midfield mainly for Bradford. Bradford were interested in keeping him but put off by his wage demands ... although allegedly still in the running. Blackpool seems to be his most likely destination.

Askey is on holiday at the minute so that might be the reason there has been little to talk about on the transfer front at present.

As for EMR, if we were to sign, let's say, 5 or 6 in your mind "acceptable" first team certs before the season kicks off, would you put your Lloyd vendetta on the back burner and concentrate on the bigger picture at hand or will that one man overpower every ounce of hope you have about the club in its totality?

Askey is on holiday at the minute so that might be the reason there has been little to talk about on the transfer front at present.

As for EMR, if we were to sign, let's say, 5 or 6 in your mind "acceptable" first team certs before the season kicks off, would you put your Lloyd vendetta on the back burner and concentrate on the bigger picture at hand or will that one man overpower every ounce of hope you have about the club in its totality?

I still live in hope that we will still sign 5 or 6 nailed on first team players.

Even 2 or 3 with a few Sir John scouted loan players would do the trick.

Good old Ernie

He has taken over from The Jeremy Kyle show

If I felt sorry for myself Id put it on, happy that I wasnt one of the guests

I now log onto OVF , read Ernies nonsense and feel happy about myself

Thank you Ernie

playing for Macc reserves isn't a prerequisite you know. We stand a chance if he is willing to drop into league 2.

Three Macc players who haven't yet signed contracts:

Durrel ... think he'll end up at Vale

Brice Ntwambe ... signed by Campbell but could be competition for holding midfield role. Suspect unlikely.

Danny Whitt ... not likely as a player, maybe as a coach if Pugh/ Tongue move on.

Think that's probably it for ex Macc players. One or two possibles playing at other clubs I guess, mainly Dennis and Hewitt at Notts County.

People like yourself are the reason that some great posters no longer post on here or at least not much,very boring,on and on about the same player and your hatred of him......never thought i would say this on here but it is going down bank which is such a shame for the likes of Rob and Barry

Exactly....

Sad thing is EMR will be pleased with himself.

Exactly....

Shame that the poor little sensitive souls have managed to get people like Rep banned from this site.

I didn’t like the guy but it is a forum and everyone has the opportunity to have their say.

Even people like you.

Exactly....

The sooner people realise that Ernie is just an attention seeking windup merchant the sooner you can just laugh at his ramblings.

It took me a while but, anyone who believes the following is best to be dismissed as a crazy old loon who is just saying stuff to get a reaction.

1. Durrell would cost the same as Lloyd in wages

2. The solution to our scoring problems is 37 yr old Nathan Tyson who scored 1 last year

3. The fact that Nathan Tyson scored one more than Lloyd is justification for his view even though they play different positions

4. Akinfenwa was the man Askey wanted to inject pace into his forward line and has been having talks with the club

IF he is not just saying it to wind people up and has a genuine hatred and vendetta against Lloyd... AND believes the Akinfenwa rubbish. Then he too far gone to have a rational discussion with. Best to leave him trying to lick his elbows whilst spontaneously shouting Lloyd’s name out!

I wouldn’t hold your breath on ball... if we believe the source on Twitter that first said we were in for him then they also claim he is wanted by; Blackpool, Lincoln, Tranmere, Ipswich, Sunderland and Fleetwood.

That’s why some of these Twitter rumour sites are dangerous. Ball is way too good for league 2 but now we have locked into it and we are all going to be depressed when he doesn’t sign even though he probably was never even in the picture.

Archived