onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Happy clapper in overdrive.

Don’t think they will finish below us.

Neither do I.

As an example to people of how Ern makes stuff up to attention seek....

Stevenage finished 10 places and 21 points above us last year, and in order to get the attention he crave he labels them as struggling. When this is pointed out I get called a happy clapper (Goodness knows how this works but it’s one of the three things in the “ruin OVF” playbook)

He also heralds their two none league signings as great business.... to demonstrate how they are doing things better than us in a transfer market where he has complained that our signings have been none league standard!

Please don’t buy into this crap.

I don’t know why he is making stuff up to get people down about what’s going on... the void of REP has been well and truest filled!

I genuinely believe he needs help.

That’s the last from me on Ern. Weird bloke. Proven himself to be a liar and not very smart. Repeats the same nonsense over and over again.

Don’t listen to him!

Advert

T

What would make me happy is that we sign some players who are better than the players we have already got.

We have already gone through the same exercise with Neil Aspin signing players he knows from his non league days.

The players we have got narrowly missed out on relegation last year.

We do not need squad players to sit on the bench. The teams coming up will be better than the teams going down plus the teams relegated from Div 1 are signing players to get them back to Div 1.

Even struggling club like Cambridge,Crawley and Stevenage are signing better players than we have got.

Really now Garlick is back from holiday he should be advising Askey to spend the budget wisely on the right players in the positions we need strengthening,

Is Ryan Lloyd better than Whitfield ?answer is no.

If we have limited resources we need to improve the squad.

Micky Adams got us up by signing players from a higher level.Bowery and Akinfenwa have had talks with Port Vale but had better offers.Wycombe have given Akinfenwa another year so must think he is good enough.

But I will leave the happy clappers to cream their pants over signings like Ryan Lloyd.

At least give the people considering buying a season ticket hope by signing a couple of decent players especially up front.

Your obsession with Lloyd is amazing,you surely arent that stupid to think that Lloyd is a shoe in first 11,will he play more games and be fitter than Whitfield,more than likely(so will that fit in with what Askey wants,yes)..better than Whitfield none of us will know as we havent seen him play in what 6yrs?? I have seen Whitfield have a very good game every now and again

He,s still available and has a decent pedigree and scores goals.Richie Bennett has turned us down so expect players like Tyson because they are the only players we can attract.Darren Purse was over the hill when Mickey signed him but did a great job.

Now this post alone shows you are a definite wum or attention seeker or know nothing about football or all 3

Your obsession with Lloyd is amazing,you surely arent that stupid to think that Lloyd is a shoe in first 11,will he play more games and be fitter than Whitfield,more than likely(so will that fit in with what Askey wants,yes)..better than Whitfield none of us will know as we havent seen him play in what 6yrs?? I have seen Whitfield have a very good game every now and again

Nobody is saying that. It’s a waste of a wage regardless. I know for a fact I’d prefer Whitfield on the bench that Lloyd. I’m pretty sure whitfield is fitter considering Lloyd spend a large amount of last season out injured. The fact that he couldn’t get in or on the bench for a sidethat stayed up on the last day of the season says to me he isn’t good enough. I understand that he’s going to be a squad player. Personally (I’m not a fan of say turner) but it would have made more sense just to keep him as a rotation than brining someone like that in and probably on a similar wage as well.

Fitter than Whitfield how many games did he play?Even Nathan Tyson played more games.

He was out injured for the other part.

I saw him at Macclesfield and young Mitch Clark had him in his pocket.He hasn’t improved in the six years since he left.

He couldn’t get in a struggling Macc team

At least he will keep the happy clappers entertained on the bench.

Quality not quantity.

A very reliable source.

To be fair to Ernie the same source told me that Eden Hazard and Marcus Rashford have both spoken to Vale and decided their futures lie elsewhere so he could be right about Bennett.

To be fair to Ernie the same source told me that Eden Hazard and Marcus Rashford have both spoken to Vale and decided their futures lie elsewhere so he could be right about Bennett.

Out of those he said,the Bennett one was pretty close,the other 2 total ********

The Bennett deal isn’t completely dead, I still think we are trying to get it over the line but I’m guessing, and it just a guess, he wants more money.

If his agent is worth his salt he'll be telling him to hold out for the best offer he can get, whether that's from Vale or anyone else.

Archived