onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

This Stadium Manager job sounds good. I'm assuming it's a part-time role?

Every Monday morning;

Terraces swept after the last home game - check.

All stands still upright - check.

Pitch being looked after - check.

Job done!

Advert

Struggling in League 1 is not success. We were a league 1 club throughout the Bratt era and the majority of the Smurfwaite one. Smurfwaite simply no longer wanted to run the club and stopped putting money in, while taking what he could for himself. Simply bettering that won’t be hard.

Accrington have no magic way of running things, they are simply having a golden period.

People are missing the point and focussing on the fact that Accrington are a small club. We have been run as an utter shambles for 20 years. How is taking advice from a chairman who has run a football club fantastically well, avoided the financial problems of bigger clubs while over achieving, in any way a bad thing. Would we rather take advice from burys owners? They got promoted last year? What about Bolton? They are a big club who have played in the prem. It’s not the club that’s important here, but how well the club is ran. I couldn’t be happier that they are taking advice from such a good owner. Beats the last owners mentors.

Think the signing was Jordan Bowery but he jumped ship to sign for M K Dons.

They are sitting on the Ryan Lloyd signing so they can deflect the criticism by announcing a positive signing at the same time so it won’t affect season ticket sales when the S@it hits the fan.

Back to your negative best, I see.

I have come to realise that Ernie is just attention seeking and I have fallen for it.

Examples include:

Making stuff up:

- Akinfenwa

- Bowery

Saying stupid stuff to get a reaction :

- Lloyd will be on the same money as Durrell

- vale should sign 37 yr old Nathan Tyson

And when he does find something that gets a reaction, he repeats it over and over and over and over:

- Dodds

- Lloyd

- calling people ’Happy Clapper’

I’m not sure why he does it, but he clearly needs/enjoys it in his life!

My apologies for engaging him over the last few weeks. I have always been worried his opinion will bring people down... not needed in the new era.

Good luck Ern, I hope you find what you need to make you happy.

I think he does it because he has the brain the size of a very small pea.

T

I have come to realise that Ernie is just attention seeking and I have fallen for it.

Examples include:

Making stuff up:

- Akinfenwa

- Bowery

Saying stupid stuff to get a reaction :

- Lloyd will be on the same money as Durrell

- vale should sign 37 yr old Nathan Tyson

And when he does find something that gets a reaction, he repeats it over and over and over and over:

- Dodds

- Lloyd

- calling people ’Happy Clapper’

I’m not sure why he does it, but he clearly needs/enjoys it in his life!

My apologies for engaging him over the last few weeks. I have always been worried his opinion will bring people down... not needed in the new era.

Good luck Ern, I hope you find what you need to make you happy.

What would make me happy is that we sign some players who are better than the players we have already got.

We have already gone through the same exercise with Neil Aspin signing players he knows from his non league days.

The players we have got narrowly missed out on relegation last year.

We do not need squad players to sit on the bench. The teams coming up will be better than the teams going down plus the teams relegated from Div 1 are signing players to get them back to Div 1.

Even struggling club like Cambridge,Crawley and Stevenage are signing better players than we have got.

Really now Garlick is back from holiday he should be advising Askey to spend the budget wisely on the right players in the positions we need strengthening,

Is Ryan Lloyd better than Whitfield ?answer is no.

If we have limited resources we need to improve the squad.

Micky Adams got us up by signing players from a higher level.Bowery and Akinfenwa have had talks with Port Vale but had better offers.Wycombe have given Akinfenwa another year so must think he is good enough.

But I will leave the happy clappers to cream their pants over signings like Ryan Lloyd.

At least give the people considering buying a season ticket hope by signing a couple of decent players especially up front.

T

What would make me happy is that we sign some players who are better than the players we have already got.

We have already gone through the same exercise with Neil Aspin signing players he knows from his non league days.

We do not need squad players to sit on the bench. The teams coming up will be better than the teams going down plus the teams relegated from Div 1 are signing players to get them back to Div 1.

Even struggling club like Cambridge,Crawley and Stevenage are signing better players than we have got.

Really now Garlick is back from holiday he should be advising Askey to spend the budget wisely on the right players in the positions we need strengthening,

Micky Adams got us up by signing players from a higher level.Bowery and Akinfenwa have had talks with Port Vale but had better offers.Wycombe have given Akinfenwa another year so must think he is good enough.

But I will leave the happy clappers to cream their pants over signings like Ryan Lloyd.

At least give the people considering buying a season ticket hope by signing a couple of decent players especially up front.

If we are quick, we could snap up Nathan Tyson.... 😂😂😂

T

Ernie, a lot of players will still be on holiday, so I think we may start to see some movement next week. Most of the players mentioned have not signed for anybody yet, but as we near the end of the month they will be keener to get signed up when realising that the bigger clubs aren't coming in for them. I would love for us to have signed someone this last week, but patience is required.

Agree with Andyregs. People are missing the point it's not the size of the club re Accrington that the Shanahans are looking to emulate more the way they are run in terms of operations on/off the pitch I'd imagine. Whilst it's perhaps too simplistic to say if Accy can achieve 3rd tier football with gates of less than 2k on avg why can't we as a bigger club fanbase wise, as there is more to football than that. Yes Accrington have perhaps also got lucky in that they have a manager who seems to have an affinity with the club/has done an excellent job, so they are going through a very good spell in there history(ala us with Rudge in the 80s and 90s). But I'm guessing Holt has built the infrastructure of the club off the pitch whilst they are doing well on it so if they do hit a bad patch football wise they are better equipt to deal with it. All that said I'm sure Andy Holt would give his right arm in a business sense for gates of 4.5k with the potential for between 5-6k+ if the club did well. At Accy he is lucky if they get 3k when they are doing well. They get less than 1.5k sometimes on a Tues night with a bad away following.

Agree with Andyregs. People are missing the point it's not the size of the club re Accrington that the Shanahans are looking to emulate more the way they are run in terms of operations on/off the pitch I'd imagine. Whilst it's perhaps too simplistic to say if Accy can achieve 3rd tier football with gates of less than 2k on avg why can't we as a bigger club fanbase wise, as there is more to football than that. Yes Accrington have perhaps also got lucky in that they have a manager who seems to have an affinity with the club/has done an excellent job, so they are going through a very good spell in there history(ala us with Rudge in the 80s and 90s). But I'm guessing Holt has built the infrastructure of the club off the pitch whilst they are doing well on it so if they do hit a bad patch football wise they are better equipt to deal with it. All that said I'm sure Andy Holt would give his right arm in a business sense for gates of 4.5k with the potential for between 5-6k+ if the club did well. At Accy he is lucky if they get 3k when they are doing well. They get less than 1.5k sometimes on a Tues night with a bad away following.

They had the worst home average last season, at 2.764.

Which makes me think, that on top of the great manager working his magic, and Andy Holts business model, he must put some serious cash into the club. Otherwise it simply couldn't function at that level.

If that's not the case, he should copyright it and write a book on how it's done. That would make him billions within a year!

They had the worst home average last season, at 2.472.

Which makes me think, that on top of the great manager working his magic, and Andy Holts business model, he must put some serious cash into the club. Otherwise it simply couldn't function at that level.

If that's not the case, he should copyright it and write a book on how it's done. That would make him billions within a year!

Indeed, they must have a pretty low break even figure on attendances. I've always thought somebody must be digging in their pocket with Accrington to some degree, unless Coleman really is that much of a miracle worker? They never seem to sell too many players for big bucks either(not sure what the Windass lad went for a couple of seasons ago?) or have had any particular stunning cup runs to suggest where money would come from. I still don't think Colemam would be that good a manager elsewhere personally , as his spell at Rochdale attests to. He just seems to have an affinity for Accrington which is admirable in this age of no loyalty amongst players and managers. Fair play to them if they are doing everything above board.

They had the worst home average last season, at 2.764.

I suspect that Accrington's running costs are much lower than ours. Our ground must cost considerably more to run and maintain than theirs does, but I would be interested to find out what their sponsorship income is as I suspect that ours has dropped significantly during Normans tenure.

If we are quick, we could snap up Nathan Tyson.... ������������������

He,s still available and has a decent pedigree and scores goals.Richie Bennett has turned us down so expect players like Tyson because they are the only players we can attract.Darren Purse was over the hill when Mickey signed him but did a great job.

Archived