onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

I tell you who I’d like to see us sign. Micky Adams.

Call me mad but as far as I can see we have owners who haven’t the first clue as to how to run a football club.

They are putting all their faith in Colin Garlick.

Let Colin get on with the day to day work. Let John manage the team.

Get Micky as a director of football.

He said on the Vale Podcast that he would love to be a director of football and he still loves the club.

Get him back.

At least get in contact with him and use his knowledge.

Come on now, this is a wind-up - yes?

Very impatient, as I recall our mentor club is Accrington Stanley, whereas we were previously taking advice from Blackpool. Comparing the respective chairmen gives me more confidence now, we also have John Rudge who I would expect to have a better reception of his advice.

Time waits for nobody!

Jesus, the amount of people who can’t see what I’m saying. Are you stupid?

Carol and Kevin, whilst having the business acumen, haven’t a clue how to run a football club and will need qualified people in all different departments!

In their own words we are massively understaffed across the board.

It’s not a knock on them. That was never my intention. I merely stated Micky would like to be a DOF at a club. He loves our club. So why not pick his knowledge!!

Christ.

Touchy lot on here.

Especially Joe who seems to slag off fans daily if they question anything under the new owners.

Come on now, this is a wind-up - yes?

What’s a wind up?

Using a guys knowledge who is experienced in the game and knows the club inside out?

Colin Garlick cannot single handedly run this football club.

As it stands we have two fans as owners. A management team and Colin.

Wouldn’t other people on board within the game be an asset?

Another one who thinks I’m knocking the owners.

Read my previous posts. I hated Smurthwaite and I’m so happy Kevin and Carol are in charge. But like it or not the fact is they don’t know how to run a football club and I think a DOF would be a great asset as I still think the day to day running of the club is too much for one person.

Like I said in a previous post, they are employing a stadium manager. Great news. Building the business. Let’s do it in other areas as well.

Time waits for nobody!

Carol and Kevin, whilst having the business acumen, haven’t a clue how to run a football club and will need qualified people in all different departments!

It’s not a knock on them. That was never my intention. I merely stated Micky would like to be a DOF at a club. He loves our club. So why not pick his knowledge!!

Christ.

Touchy lot on here.

Especially Joe who seems to slag off fans daily if they question anything under the new owners.

you did encourage by saying 'call me mad' so in essence people did then you complained when you got what you asked for.

your point may be valid but its how you said it , having said that 5 weeks they will continue to learn as the season goes on ,,they will make mistakes but that will make them even more stronger unlike our previous charlatan it made him weaker.

to debate your point,,If it was a case of having a player or micky adams I would take the player if the budget stretched then any targeted help i'm sure would be great and well received by the owners- just my opinion though

Time waits for nobody!

Christ.

Touchy lot on here.

You’ve forgotten Rudge exists.

This forum has had a definite mental decline into madness since the season ended. For people’s own good the football needs to come back because a lot on here have lost the plot.

It’s just how far we’ve dropped. To see Accrington Stanley as a mentor club just seems strange to me.

I’d love us to emulate Accrington’s success since AndyH took over, I’m so pleased he is offering advice to Carol & Kevin

What’s a wind up?

Using a guys knowledge who is experienced in the game and knows the club inside out?

Colin Garlick cannot single handedly run this football club.

As it stands we have two fans as owners. A management team and Colin.

Wouldn’t other people on board within the game be an asset?

Another one who thinks I’m knocking the owners.

Read my previous posts. I hated Smurthwaite and I’m so happy Kevin and Carol are in charge. But like it or not the fact is they don’t know how to run a football club and I think a DOF would be a great asset as I still think the day to day running of the club is too much for one person.

Like I said in a previous post, they are employing a stadium manager. Great news. Building the business. Let’s do it in other areas as well.

Okay, in response, and acknowledging your mention that Carol & Kevin are not experienced in running a football club, they both admitted this at the outset and stated they would be going all out to employ those with the skills, knowledge and experience to help them on their Port Vale journey.

Let's see what happens eh! :smile:

It’s just how far we’ve dropped. To see Accrington Stanley as a mentor club just seems strange to me.

or you could see it as our mentor being Accringtons owner, who understands lower league football and its difficulties, how to successfully run a club on a small budget and has a proven track record.

I can't think of a more perfect role model in the bottom 2 divisions.

I’d love us to emulate Accrington’s success since AndyH took over, I’m so pleased he is offering advice to Carol & Kevin

Struggling in League 1 is not success. We were a league 1 club throughout the Bratt era and the majority of the Smurfwaite one. Smurfwaite simply no longer wanted to run the club and stopped putting money in, while taking what he could for himself. Simply bettering that won’t be hard.

Accrington have no magic way of running things, they are simply having a golden period.

Struggling in League 1 is not success. We were a league 1 club throughout the Bratt era and the majority of the Smurfwaite one. Smurfwaite simply no longer wanted to run the club and stopped putting money in, while taking what he could for himself. Simply bettering that won’t be hard.

Accrington have no magic way of running things, they are simply having a golden period.

They are punching above their weight, they are a perfect example of what we could achieve , their golden period is mirrored off field , it’s a well run club that invests on and off field . Their owner won’t risk the future of the club

If we can emulate that I will be ecstatic

Struggling in League 1 is not success.

Thanks to their astute chairman and our incompetent previous incumbent they’re having a “golden period” whilst we on the other hand are having what? Our tin pot period.

What I wouldn’t give right now to be able to say that for the last 2 years we’ve been a struggling league one club. Or have you forgotten the last few seasons?

Make no mistake, the current owners are starting at rock bottom. That’s the legacy left by the last owner.

I tell you who I’d like to see us sign. Micky Adams.

Call me mad but as far as I can see we have owners who haven’t the first clue as to how to run a football club.

They are putting all their faith in Colin Garlick.

Let Colin get on with the day to day work. Let John manage the team.

Get Micky as a director of football.

He said on the Vale Podcast that he would love to be a director of football and he still loves the club.

Get him back.

At least get in contact with him and use his knowledge.

Why do we need 2 directors of football?

Archived