onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

The only transfer I'm jealous of so far is Ashley Nadesan signing for Crawley. Would have liked him at Vale.

Watson and Joe Martin are solid signings for Northampton too.

Nothing stands out so far really (apart from $alford blowing more ££££ on Towell).

Advert

Crawley have signed Nathan Ferguson, the lad who played and scored in the Checkatrade for us and then vanished, later released as a result of attitude problems. Been at Dulwich Hamlet.

Be thankful for Ryan Lloyd, folks :wink:

Think you might be thinking of Chris Regis?

So you agree their squad is bad then? Signing players from Cambridge United doesn't particular excite me. I'm almost certain the feeling is mutual.

EVERY team will have a decent player or two no matter where they finish in the league....us Worrall,Manny,Brown and where did we finish? The idea for me is if signing players from teams lower then you should sign their better players.

You have to understand how things work on here. When judging a player without having actually seen him play, there are two options:

1) I have heard of him/know his name. Good signing!

2) I don’t know him/have never heard of him, but have seen his stats on wiki. ***** player!

Not everyone,it depends if you know any people in football or not,i know some on here have decent contacts who WILL know about certain players but i do agree some will do as you say

Crawley have signed Nathan Ferguson, the lad who played and scored in the Checkatrade for us and then vanished, later released as a result of attitude problems. Been at Dulwich Hamlet.

Be thankful for Ryan Lloyd, folks :wink:

Think the signing was Jordan Bowery but he jumped ship to sign for M K Dons.

They are sitting on the Ryan Lloyd signing so they can deflect the criticism by announcing a positive signing at the same time so it won’t affect season ticket sales when the S@it hits the fan.

They are sitting on the Ryan Lloyd signing so they can deflect the criticism by announcing a positive signing at the same time so it won’t affect season ticket sales when the S@it hits the fan.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.

You've made the Bowery bit up. Complete conjecture. The idea we'd gotten so far along with Bowery that the social media lad thought he could tease that an announcement was imminent, for Bowery to then drive to MK Dons and sign a deal there, in the same day, is sheer madness.

Just like when you said we were talking to Akinfenwa. Day after, he signed a new deal at Wycombe. You keep making things up which undermine your already questionable opinions.

Agree with the Lloyd thing though. He's done but they're waiting to pair it with a big name to stop people crying into their keyboards, which is fair enough, and a decent marketing strategy. Bolt him onto the end of a striker signing.

I think they were due to announce Lloyd and then several fans started blarting on twitter so they postponed it to coincide with another signing.

Does anyone actually know anyone (apart from Mickyferns) whose buying of an ST will be impacted by signings? What names are they hoping for? Genuine question.

I think people who intend to buy one will have decided to by now. I think the signing of 4th tier players will have a negligible impact in attracting stay aways. They'll turn up if we win games, not if we sign some recognisable but fundamentally standard League 2 players.

Bradford now signed Clayton Donaldson

Shocked to see he is 35.

A quality player, has bagged double figures in the Championship as recent as 3 years ago.... but he got 1 goal last year, 5 before that, and 6 before that.

Obviously he'll still have quality but at that age I imagine his pace has gone, and would have cost a bob or two. Bradford will be a very interesting team this year. Very boom or bust signings.

No he was spot on. My bad. Ferguson just never played. Regis was the one released for a bad attitude.

Ferguson did play one EFL Trophy game before being released. Regis played in the league as well as scoring in the EFL Trophy. Ferguson was released early from his contract, don't know if attitude was a problem or he just wasn't deemed good enough.

Archived