onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

I've had a look at various on-line resources to see what players have either been released or the contract is expiring and they have as yet not signed an extension. The status of some of these may have changed recently but it's as up-to-date as I can find.

I think the below are realistic targets (albeit some pushing the boundaries of this a little) that would enhance our current squad. Naturally some are chancers (every signing is in my opinion).

LB: Damien Mcrory 29 (Burton)

RB: Jack Grimmer 25 (Coventry)

RB: Mitch Clark 20 (Aston Villa)

CM: Lawson D'Ath 27 (Northampton)

CM: Brad Inman 27(Rochdale)

RW: Paris Cowan-Hall 29 (Wycombe)

CAM: Jamie Devitt 28 (Carlisle)

Winger: Elliot Durrell 29 (Macclesfield)

LM: Matt Done 30 (Rochdale)

ST: Chris Long 24 (Blackpool)

ST: Nicky Ajose 27 (Charlton)

ST/Winger: Max Clayton 24 (Blackpool)

ST: Alex Jones 24 (Bradford)

ST: David Ball 29 (Rotheram)

One position I've struggled to find a viable option for is back-up keeper.

I think signing a number of these would really enhance our squad and help us considerably improve upon the last 2 seasons final placings.

Advert

I've had a look at various on-line resources to see what players have either been released or the contract is expiring and they have as yet not signed an extension. The status of some of these may have changed recently but it's as up-to-date as I can find.

I think the below are realistic targets (albeit some pushing the boundaries of this a little) that would enhance our current squad. Naturally some are chancers (every signing is in my opinion).

I think signing a number of these would really enhance our squad and help us considerably improve upon the last 2 seasons final placings.

I would love Grimmer but think he is beyond our reach.

PCH and Durrell seem achieveable if the stars align!

I'm still hoping and believing that we will sign 2-3 forwards with goals in them in the next month.

We haven't splashed out much yet and a number have left with a few others to follow so we must have a fair wedge left for these vital positions.

No, we are not able to throw money at it but should be able to strengthen the team in the crucial final third.

Keep the faith!

I’d take any of the players on there wouldn’t mind a couple of them forwards.

OVF is one window into the world of Port Vale. One that I refer to regularly.

It provides a barometer for me, and doubtless many others.

I appreciate those who make considerable effort to put together coherent contributions.

Some contributors, and some fans, are clearly very devoted.

Many others, I suspect far greater numbers, are much less so.

For every 1 devotee, I'm sure there are at least 10 occasional Vale fans.

Fans who we surely want to encourage.

What really concerns me about many of the threads on here is that they degenerate into bad tempered, negative squabbles and create a very poor impression.

Occasional, casual visitors will not be encouraged by what they read on here.

Indeed, my travelling companions have all stopped visiting OVF because of this negative tendency.

For the good of the club, I would love contributors to consider the impression that they are making.

Think before you post.

Hear hear

Quite a few of these aren't that realistic and one or two have dreadful injury records.

RB: Jack Grimmer high wage and likely to get a club in div 1

RB: Mitch Clark suspect sees us as his last resort

RW: Paris Cowan-Hall expensive and likely to get offers close to home, so we'd have to pay top dollar

CAM: Jamie Devitt 28 allegedly already has offers at championship level

LM: Matt Done 30 doesn't score goals and we already have Monatano and probably LLoyd for that position

ST/Winger: Max Clayton 24 dreadful injury record and very dodgy hamstrings

ST: Alex Jones 24 dreadful injury record since he left

ST: David Ball 29 Bradford would love to sign him but his wages are way beyond them and allegedly several division 1 clubs are interested.

The others could be possible, although Ajose would probably want to move back to Manchester to moderate his wage demands.

Mentioned to me yesterday that Dicko is not fixed up and still has a year left on his contract at Yeovil 6ft plus left sided and could cover centre half,if Yeovil paid half his wages for a season would he be an option as cover.......Just asking and NOT suggesting it would be ideal, just wondering.

Mentioned to me yesterday that Dicko is not fixed up and still has a year left on his contract at Yeovil 6ft plus left sided and could cover centre half,if Yeovil paid half his wages for a season would he be an option as cover.......Just asking and NOT suggesting it would be ideal, just wondering.

Askey was full of praise and Kevan is his mate. Stranger things ... but unless Rawlinson moves we have 4 centrehalves and Crookes. If we bring in more cover at leftback I suspect it would be more likely someone who can also play further forward.

It would undoubtedly cause a meltdown on here... but if Yeovil are paying a nice chunk of his wages then he could represent some value.

But again... people on here fail to comprehend to concept of a budget and maximising what you can get out of it.

Archived