onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

I do t know how to best express that nothing that you have said here interests me in the slightest... any suggestion?

You do realise this is a forum?

That’s fine pal one for the ignore list. You’ve been clogging up this thread anyway.

You really do sound like a grade A **** I must say.

I see this is one of those occasions where having a different opinion isn’t allowed on here.

I’m not specifically talking about Lloyd. I’m talking about the other lads that have signed as well.

So your first point how is that any different to brown and aspins signings?!?

Tongue?

Pugh?

Eagles?

Vassell?

Hannant?

The manager new exactly what they would bring they certainly were not signing players they didn’t know! I love lines like this. ‘You are not the manager’ no **** Sherlock but this is a forum to discuss issues like this. These signings so far are literally identical to previous years, if not more of a risk as at least the players brown signed had played at a high level.

Why not use the loan market for this backup? Or keep some of the younger players who have been released? The likes of calverly and Angus did ok out on loan and wouldn’t have commanded a big wage. I understand signing 1/2 players you know. However if/when Lloyd joins that’s already 3. And all 3 are either unproved or failed at this level. I see the centre back he signed he also signed for Shrewsbury and it didn’t work out there.

If anything you are the one in a ‘panicky wobble’. I’m simply not exactly encouraged with the signings as a whole so far. Not one will start come the first match (maybe the left back will) and people seem to forget just how bad we were last season.

I’m quite sure I don’t need help but thanks for the suggestion.

So far we have made 3 signings with Lloyd a potential 4th.

At this stage only Askey will know his intentions for the season, but I think its harsh to label all as poor squad players

We beat competition from Colchester I believe to sign Crooks and I fully expect him to be our LB next year.

Kennedy was signed by Askey at Shrewsbury in league 1 and I believe Askey started him, he clearly rates him highly and I don't think he's come here to make the numbers up....

You might not be excited by the signings Sherlock, but time will tell how they work out

No because everyone on here except you has issues.

Ever thought you are the one with issues?:clap:

I’m not the one who is banging his head against a wall repeating Ryan Lloyd’s name over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I literally can’t wait for him to sign now... the thought of how bothered and flustered you will get will be hilarious!

Another fan with issues .

Haven’t seen you advising Askey who he should sign.

Come on Einstein who would you sign as well as Lloyd.:clap:

There are quite a few posts earlier in the thread that outline some good suggestions... one from Joe B in particular shows a good level of research and thought.

I’m not the one who is banging his head against a wall repeating Ryan Lloyd’s name over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I literally can’t wait for him to sign now... the thought of how bothered and flustered you will get will be hilarious!

Why are you wearing a crash helmet then?:clap:

Jeesh, how will you feel if/when he actually signs?

What if the kid actually contributes to the squad/ team. Dean Stokes and BradleySandeman were hardly household names yet played their part before quickly drifting into non league

Sorry mate that last lines confusing

I've been disappointed by Whitfield overall

Read my post again, not concerned by the lloyd potential signing

Can someone please explain to me, how we have gone from having over 1.2 million for new signings, to being skint? :unsure:

If Askey wants around 10 new signings, that is 120k each a year. Hell, I'd bite your hand off for a salary like that!

The 1.2m figure was a horrendous misunderstanding by Unofficial Vale over comments made by Carol.

All she said was Stanley are midtable League 1 with an annual budget of £1.2m and ours will be above that, so there's no reason why we can't reach a similar level.

Somehow, UV twisted this to a million pound splurge on new players.

This club's never had £1.2m to spend on new players in its existence, and would contravene every FFP regulation under the sun. We'd be in admin by Christmas.

The budget is likely to be the same as it was last season; around 10th-13th. This is because Norman has nicked all the Hugill money and neglected off field revenues for his 7 year tenure, which Carol and Kevin are going to have to rebuild. Also, some fans are refusing to buy season tickets until the signing that they haven't named is signed, so ST revenue is unlikely to increase dramatically. This is compounded by the lost attendance of around 1500-2000 which we cannot guarantee will all return until final ST figures are done. Money is also being spent on stadium maintenance, which is long overdue, as well as what will presumably be an increased salary for our manager, now he has shifted from a 6 month contract to a 3 year contract.

The good news is, once sponsorships, hospitality, catering, and ST revenue increases over the season, as more fans return, sponsorships become more attractive to local businesses due to a larger and more engaged fanbase, and more fans spend their money on pies, beer, and coffee, the club's revenue will be a lot higher next season, and a lot more sustainable in the long-term, allowing for an increased budget next season.

As I've said, in my view, we effectively write this coming season off in terms of promotion hopes and allow Kevin and Carol to re-engage the fans and to get the house in order. Nail the title next season. I'd love to go up as much as anyone else but I'm realistic/pessimistic enough to recognise the utter shambles big Norm left us in. If Askey strikes gold on a midtable budget and we go up, ala Adams in 12-13, then superb. Its not very likely though, unless Kevin and Carol circumvent FFP stipulations via directors loans to inject liquidity into the business in order to compete for the very premium players of this division, which, sensible and pragmatic business people that they are, they won't do (and quite rightly, I'd rather 20 seasons of mid-table and being able to still go to Vale games with my Dad than face what Bury are currently, on the back of a promotion).

Anyone who thought Kevin and Carol were going to arrive and inject £1.2m in director's loans to fund a Bury-esque basket of signings haven't been listening to what they've very clearly been articulating since day 1. Sustainability over gambles.

Big point; please spend as much as you can inside Vale Park this coming season.

Replica tops, merch, programmes, beer, coffee, pies; all of its going to fund the squad the following season.

Another point; a lot of people taking strong moral stances against the Checkatrade/EFL trophy, but Andy Holt of Accrington underlines that its vital revenue stream for lower league clubs. I'm not suggesting we all celebrate the arrival of B teams, but a good run in the competition, which we're going to compete in whether people boycott or not, could be the difference between a mid-table and top 7 budget in 2020/21. I'M NOT SAYING B TEAMS ARE GOOD PLEASE DON'T SHOUT AT ME.

Archived