onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

I see the points that you are making but as someone pointed out the other day on here, with a smaller squad size that we are supposedly going with, there is the possibility that any of them could have to be starting up to 20 games next season.

Would you be happy if Lloyd is doing this (in any position), or even 10 games? Because I know that I wouldn't.

Similarly, as I've stated previously on here, if we're in need of a goal or a spark in a game, I know who I would rather have coming off the bench, if the choice was between Ryan Lloyd and Ben Whitfield......and I don't care how they train or how professional they supposedly are - I'm basing it on what they are capable of doing on the pitch, and have previously done (however sporadically) on a matchday.

However, you carry on thumping that tub!

If you can't make the connection between a poor dressing room culture and successive bottom 4 finishes, or that Whitfield hasn't had a good game since Luton at home in the calendar year of 2017, or the fiasco with his agent in the January of his loan season, or the summer after, or the fact that Askey has outright refused to start him, and despite being under contract would rather ship him off FOR FREE than keep him around, then maybe have a closer look.

I will say, considering your laissez-faire attitude to the mentality of players and attitudes, its a good job you're nowhere near the dugout.

I've tried to steer this thread to more constructive terms, merely pointing out Lloyd is likely to be rotational/backup player, and more established players will arrive. If you get a kick out of sneering, condescending sarcasm, that's fine mate. My tub, for the merits of squad players and a dose of realism as to how much we are going to be spending on a backup winger, will be thumped emphatically.

The binary notions that, one; Lloyd is replacing Whitfield (spoiler, he isn't), and two; if you don't slag off Lloyd you must think he's really good, is indicative as to what's causing problems on here at the present. You either hate the business so far or think its blimmin' brilliant. You're either a doom mongerer or a happy clapper.

I don't think Lloyd is great; I'm just realistic about what we can afford, and what role he'll play next year. Its not black and white.

Advert

I've never, ever, ever known the signing of a backup winger provoke such emotions in a fanbase in my entire life.

Its almost become tribal; quickly people fall into pro or anti-Lloyd camps, and will die on that hill, come what may. I'm fairly convinced Ernie Moss will form a 'No to Ryan Lloyd' party to compete in the next General Election, which will probably perform reasonably well given the aggression on here.

He may prove to be astute, he may play 5 times and be released next summer. If it was our star striker I'd probably give a ****. I'm just trying to be balanced, and fundamentally aren't that bothered, as HE'S A BACKUP WINGER.

I see the points that you are making but as someone pointed out the other day on here, with a smaller squad size that we are supposedly going with, there is the possibility that any of them could have to be starting up to 20 games next season.

Would you be happy if Lloyd is doing this (in any position), or even 10 games? Because I know that I wouldn't.

Similarly, as I've stated previously on here, if we're in need of a goal or a spark in a game, I know who I would rather have coming off the bench, if the choice was between Ryan Lloyd and Ben Whitfield......and I don't care how they train or how professional they supposedly are - I'm basing it on what they are capable of doing on the pitch, and have previously done (however sporadically) on a matchday.

However, you carry on thumping that tub!

Wow another Vale fan talking sense be careful you will be vilified and called a WUM.

I still think there is room for Whitfield in the team. Especially as a super sub to run at their defenders when they are tiring and bring something different to change tactics.

Wow another Vale fan talking sense be careful you will be vilified and called a WUM.

I still think there is room for Whitfield in the team. Especially as a super sub to run at their defenders when they are tiring and bring something different to change tactics.

When's Nathan Tyson signing? He bringing Charlie Adam with him?

Things Ernie believes:

1. Macc’s star player, and Bradford target, Elliot Durrel would be on the same money as Ryan Lloyd.

2. The answer to our striking problem, where pace is required, is 37 yr old Nathan Tyson.

3. There is no place in a squad for Ryan Lloyd... a cheap, hard working, midfielder who understands the managers system

Last summer folk on here were wetting their pants with excitement when Whitfield signed. He had a mediocre season by any standards. We had one poster saying Conlon would be a poor signing because he'd seen him at Stevenage yet he's contributed far more than Whitfield. Folk thought Miller was going to be the League's top scorer.

Let's wait and see what happens on the pitch rather than making ridiculously premature judgments shall we?

A question for The Kalamazoo Kid and Erniemossrules...

Do you want us to sell 5,000 season tickets?

If so, how do you thing the negative vibe you both generate on here will impact on fans who are still undecided about buying a season ticket?

I am so desperate for the New Era to succeed!

So please, if your not happy, either keep your thoughts to yourselves or start your own little negative WhatsApp group where you can both indulge in your pessimism.

Just stop trying to drag the rest of us down with you....

If so, how do you thing the negative vibe you both generate on here will impact on fans who are still undecided about buying a season ticket?

So please, if your not happy, either keep your thoughts to yourselves or start your own little negative WhatsApp group where you can both indulge in your pessimism.

I somehow doubt anyone is going to be influenced to buy or not to buy season tickets because of a fan based debate on One Vale Fan. Most people will purchase a season ticket based on their affordability and their own opinions. To be fair this forum is intended to discuss agree and disagree we dont all feel the same and i find it interesting seeing everyone debating right or wrong. the Purpose of a forum. How sad would life be if no one disagreed.

Last summer folk on here were wetting their pants with excitement when Whitfield signed. He had a mediocre season by any standards. We had one poster saying Conlon would be a poor signing because he'd seen him at Stevenage yet he's contributed far more than Whitfield. Folk thought Miller was going to be the League's top scorer.

Let's wait and see what happens on the pitch rather than making ridiculously premature judgments shall we?

Exactly this, well said Jacko, common sense does exist on here.

People were ecstatic with Lawrie Wilson. They recognised his name and the Wikipedia article looked absolutely brilliant.

Similarly, as I've stated previously on here, if we're in need of a goal or a spark in a game, I know who I would rather have coming off the bench, if the choice was between Ryan Lloyd and Ben Whitfield......and I don't care how they train or how professional they supposedly are - I'm basing it on what they are capable of

Would be perfectly happy if he plays 20+ games if his performances justify it.

How many games did Whitfield change in our favour in the 2nd half of 2017-18 season, and last year?

I'm fine with people offering criticisms of transfer moves.

What is fairly weird is that such a nondescript signing has provoked such passion.

We're rebuilding. Some signings won't be razzle-dazzle. Chill.

What is fairly weird is that such a nondescript signing has provoked such passion

My guess is that these over the top, obsessive, severe reactions point to deeper issues with the people that hold them.

No one should be that affected by a backup signing.

Archived