onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Won't be able to afford or attract him. Top scorer for a team who went up, and they're now about to liquidate as a result of paying his surely extortiante wages (amongst other players). He'll be looking at League 1/moneybags League 2 (mentioning no names).

Totally agree Maynard is very optimistic, but I've heard of a couple of Crewe supporting mates that the Alex are apparently trying to tempt him with a lower wage.

He's 32 and lives in Nantwich, if I close my eyes and dream.... Maybe just maybe??

Maybe not.....

Advert

I am enjoying this thread a lot more now we are specutively discussing names as opposed to 'don't like Lloyd, don't like Crooks, I want a striker but I'm not going to name him'.

I thought the striker everybody knows we should sign is called Twentee Goalle?

Durrell (Macc fans rate him v. highly)

PCH

David Amoo

Mark Cullen

Lee Angol

Sam Jones

David Ball (probably unrealistic though)

Cambridge United are still in talks with David Amoo but the latest is that their manager Colin Calderwood expects him to leave. So it looks as if there has been interest from elsewhere and let's hope it's us. Another Cambridge player out of contract and expected to leave is their influential midfielder player George Maris, who at 23 would be another good signing for us with 79 league appearances for Barnsley, Lincoln and United.

Meanwhile Cambridge have signed 22 year old right back Kyle Knowle who was Swindon's players' player of the year last season, which looks like pretty good business to me. They've also signed Harvey Knibbs a 20 year old pacey striker from Villa, no doubt using Calderwood's contacts there. It's also rumoured in the local press here that Alex Jones may be on his way back from Bradford after his loan spell at Cambridge at the end of last season.

Fingers crossed Askey can do the business for us.

Have I missed the release on when we signed him ?

Askey said he fits the bill and hopefully the deal will be done when Lloyd is back in the country.

Time to dispell a few myths about Lloyd;

"Not good enough for Macclesfield" - Lloyd injured his achilles last season and didn't play at all from August-November. The vast majority of his playing time came between the start of November and January, when he didn't feature again, presumably due to differences with Sol Campbell.

He's played 150 games in the division we came perilously close to dropping into last season, and we probably would have been beaten by at least half of the league.

If he was coming in as our creative maestro, playmaker numero uno, I think I would share some concerns.

If he's coming in, however, to be a steady, versatile squad player with a good attitude, cheap enough to allow us to afford a more premium forward and trusted by the manager, then I don't have many qualms. If Smurthwaite hadn't nicked every last penny I'd be pushing for the bigger signings, but he has. He's getting every penny of the £1.9m Jordan Hugill fund. Nothing we can do.

So why waste it on players like Lloyd?

Give the kids a chance.

Nathan Tyson 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Askey in todays Sentinel article saying what most of us know already. The team lacks pace.

Really well thought out comments by Askey, he knows exactly what is needed and i am confident he will sign some players that fit the bill.

Box to box player he mentions and a plan B to stretch sides.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-transfer-news-askey-2949648

Nathan Tyson 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think that's very patronising and unfair, all Ernie has done is demonstrated his in depth and extensive footballing knowledge.

I think he deserves a little more respect on here and should be taken more seriously...

Nathan Tyson 😂

Think he may mean billy Clarke. Not a chance of billy sharp

Is he the one who scored one goal last season in 18 appearances. Our Ern knows how to pick them doesn’t he. He gets booked quite a few times though.

Askey in todays Sentinel article saying what most of us know already. The team lacks pace.

Really well thought out comments by Askey, he knows exactly what is needed and i am confident he will sign some players that fit the bill.

Box to box player he mentions and a plan B to stretch sides.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-transfer-news-askey-2949648

This got me excited.

I'd love to see some high tempo, pacy football at Vale.

We had a glimpse or two last season.

With the right players, I can't wait.

Crewe have made a decent signing today in Daniel Powell from Northampton. Rapid winger with pedigree.

Hate saying it but they appear to be making steady progress. Finished same as us two years ago, last year up to twelfth. The right signings this summer could see a tilt for the playoffs, though I feel this coming year is going to be a strong League 2.

They also signed Olly Lancashire who comes with dire reports from his former club, to replace their best player in George Ray, so hopefully there will be a bit of stagnation.

Archived