onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

Northampton have just announced Adams from Bury and McCormack from Luton both who won promotion last season.

Coupled with Lines they seem to be making astute signings.

Ours will come i have no doubt

Didn’t see that before my previous post.... they seem to be spending big or living within their means?

Personally think that is the overstatement of the century. He was decent that’s about it.

Agreed he was miles better, as was conlan, Worrell, Legge, Smith, Manny.... just about everyone bar Brown!

We’ve all seen the Clarke interview, they DID NOT want to play for Aspin, that simple.

The Manny news is the best so far. He was the catalyst for most of our good performances last season.

I doubt we'll hear about any more signings this week - Colin Garlick is in Portugal with Kevin and Carol at the EFL bun fight.

Personally think that is the overstatement of the century. He was decent that’s about it.

Agree to disagree. I thought he was THE most improved player bar Worrall and served as a very good defensive midfielder, the player we all thought we were signing from Carlise.

Manny signing is a huge one and very good news for us, I think most off the budget really now is getting some good forwards in and a good winger in, I would like a box to box midfielder, but we aren’t really far away off becoming a good league 2 team on paper.

We're in the first week of June. You say 'once again' like the window is concluded.

Im saying once again as in where we have been short on goals for the last two seasons. Its a massive few weeks in recruitment for me as to where we will finish.

mid table at very best but i suppose we have to accept that with new owners. Thats all keep hearing

Manny signing is a huge one and very good news for us, I think most off the budget really now is getting some good forwards in and a good winger in, I would like a box to box midfielder, but we aren’t really far away off becoming a good league 2 team on paper.

We’re a mile off. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

We’ve signed Burgess and Kennedy who are totally unproven in the football league. That is it.

There is plenty of time left and I’m very hopeful that Askey will bring in the players we need. Especially one proven goalscorer. But please shut up with your fake news with us not being far away from becoming a good league 2 team.

We are minimum 4 experienced lower league players away.

I agree with this. Think he was a big reason in staying up to be fair. Games like Mansfield at home where he continually picked up the ball after they cleared to and kept us attacking. Not a spectacular player but massive improvement under askey. Bloke couldn’t pass a ball under aspin.

No different than not liking a manager in any job though sadly. Some managers get the best out of you some managers don’t. In essence that’s what management is. Watching aspins football from the stands and listening to him speak can you honestly say you would have been thrilled to be at work in such a negative environment? Couple all that with how the club was being run and our form I can understand why some players would feel completely dejected each week. Not sticking up for players merely stating that sometimes there are reasons behind players not playing their best football and it’s not always just ‘I’m not playing for him”. Just to pick up on your point of playing for the shirt this simply doesn’t exist in the modern game. They play for the highest bidder.

I agree with this. Think he was a big reason in staying up to be fair. Games like Mansfield at home where he continually picked up the ball after they cleared to and kept us attacking. Not a spectacular player but massive improvement under askey. Bloke couldn’t pass a ball under aspin.
I presume this relates to Joyce?

If so, I completely agree although i had some sympathy for his poor form under Aspin. Joyce is a player whose game is built on receiving the ball from full-backs and centre-backs and knitting the play together. Under Aspin the defenders simply launched it over his head so he was unable to perform or show his best quality. Once Askey started to play decent football I thought Joyce was excellent.

For me, the Manny signing is immense. A midfield 3 of Joyce, Manny and Conlon is very decent although I would like to see a 1st team quality box to box midfielder that can make runs beyond the forwards and bag a few goals as we are short of goals from central-midfield.

Archived