onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

Who put 20p into Ernie!! 😂

Gooooarn big Ern!

So far we have had some classics from the relentless Ernie Playbook.

1. The Ernie Double of Dodds and Lloyd

2. False claims people said he will score 10 goals.

3. Failing to acknowledge number 2 are false claims

4. The baffling statement that Maccs star player Durrell is on the same wages 😂😂😂😂😂

Ern... your overexcited, downright daft way of expressing your opinions is hilarious... it does mean you come across like someone who just shouts at a wall while trying to lick your elbow. But please don’t change.

This site has been missing a pig ignorant fool since REP was banned. In you Ern we have our man!

Gooooooooooarn!

I’m not massively excited by Lloyd. But I trust Askey and he has to cut his cloth accordingly to be able to spend where it’s needed. Backup midfielders are not where it’s needed... strikers are. So I would rather a cheap option in Lloyd who knows the managers system and is willing to play his part.

Now, Ernie... true to form... please ignore that last sentence and assume I love Lloyd and call me a happy clapper!!

Goooooooooooaaaaaaarrrrrrnnnn!!!!

Who put 20p into Ernie!! ������

Gooooarn big Ern!

So far we have had some classics from the relentless Ernie Playbook.

1. The Ernie Double of Dodds and Lloyd

2. False claims people said he will score 10 goals.

3. Failing to acknowledge number 2 are false claims

4. The baffling statement that Maccs star player Durrell is on the same wages ������������������������������

Ern... your overexcited, downright daft way of expressing your opinions is hilarious... it does mean you come across like someone who just shouts at a wall while trying to lick your elbow. But please don’t change.

This site has been missing a pig ignorant fool since REP was banned. In you Ern we have our man!

Gooooooooooarn!

I’m not massively excited by Lloyd. But I trust Askey and he has to cut his cloth accordingly to be able to spend where it’s needed. Backup midfielders are not where it’s needed... strikers are. So I would rather a cheap option in Lloyd who knows the managers system and is willing to play his part.

Now, Ernie... true to form... please ignore that last sentence and assume I love Lloyd and call me a happy clapper!!

Goooooooooooaaaaaaarrrrrrnnnn!!!!

The only thing I trust about Askey is that he is trying to take us into non league where he is comfortable and knows his level.

Keep up the happy clapping he needs all the support he can get.

Will you be happy if Lloyd signs?

I am happy to support the manager's judgement in recognition that he knows more about football than Ernie. It is just 12 months since Ryan, along with Burgess and Kennedy was in a team that won silverware above Tranmere, Wrexham, and Orient. They followed the trail set by Lincoln and achieved what Salford (and their money) could not achieve. So overall, not a terrible legacy.

The only thing I trust about Askey is that he is trying to take us into non league where he is comfortable and knows his level.

Purposefully get a club relegated so he can get them to a division he is more familiar with. A good plan for a stable job, if you forget the part where he gets sacked for getting the club relegation that is.

A well balanced and thought out answer as usual Ern!! 😂😂😂

+1pt to me for correctly predicting Ernie would ignore everything I said and call me a happy clapper.

Ern... you can have a point if you can correctly articulate my views on the Lloyd signing.

Clue: I have written it down recently for the 5th or 6th time... you know. The ones you ignore!

Gooooooooarn Ern!!

Not all players are signed to play 46 games a season. Manny had zero pedigree in league football prior to last year, but he made a huge difference to our results when he played.

I’ll judge the success of Askey’s signings after 10 games. This will give us a good indication of success.

He has a style of play that we wants to implement & he knows these lads can play in the way he wants. Rightly there are some questions being asked, but to proclaim at the beginning of June you won’t purchase a season ticket based on the signings so far, is short sighted at best.

Look at where we have been the last 2 years. Evolution not revolution is the aim with our mid table budget. This mess created since the ludicrous treatment of Page & that mid table L1 squad is going to take more than 1 transfer window to fix.

I like the way JA is shaping his squad. Very little 'gamblers' and the players signed up so far as good backups for squad depth. What we really need is two strong strikers and I hope JA will spend the majority of his budget signing these two up!

I like the way JA is shaping his squad. Very little 'gamblers' and the players signed up so far as good backups for squad depth. What we really need is two strong strikers and I hope JA will spend the majority of his budget signing these two up!

Well said

I know the signings aren’t getting everyone excited and I see the signings of burgess, Kennedy and potentially Lloyd as askey knows there ability instead of any unknown gamble, the non league football they have been playing is not far of league 2 standard and these maybe become good footballers! These players will not be on massive wages and this might free up more money for 2 more proven strikers! I trust askey and to be fair let’s give them a chance and surely we can’t do any worse than the last two seasons under smurf! Glass half full rather than half empty! UTV

Archived