onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Got to admit that the proposed Lloyd signing is staggering. Yet to score in League football. 17 appearances in umpteen years at Vale.

Yes he may be a squad player but Montano gets lots of criticism on here yet scored about 7 last season in a poor team. Can't see Lloyd replicating that.

Don't even see Lloyd as an impact player, begs the question what Askey sees in him.

Really really strange signing and unfathomable

Advert

Got to admit that the proposed Lloyd signing is staggering. Yet to score in League football. 17 appearances in umpteen years at Vale.

Yes he may be a squad player but Montano gets lots of criticism on here yet scored about 7 last season in a poor team. Can't see Lloyd replicating that.

Don't even see Lloyd as an impact player, begs the question what Askey sees in him.

Have to agree with this I just don’t see where he will improve our team ?

The problem seems to be that Askey is filling the team with average and poor players who are gambles from non league.No improvement from the players he has released.

Obviously he knows these players from his non league management days.I can understand some of the better players are playing the waiting game but their wages stop at the end of June.To improve the team we now need recognised first team players.We have now signed enough gambles from non league.If Smurthwaite was signing these players everyone would be complaining instead of saying give Askey a chance to form his own team.Even poor players like Lloyd will command a salary and take a place that could be taken by one of our better youth players.If we don’t bring in better players we will end up where we deserve to be in non league

he may be a squad player but Montano gets lots of criticism on here yet scored about 7 last season in a poor team. Can't see Lloyd replicating that.

Exactly, and Askey says this about Lloyd -

he can play in numerous positions - left wing, left sided midfield and even left back

Isn't that what Montano already does? - or is Askey insinuating that Montano will be first choice and Lloyd will be his back-up?

Only, I was hoping that we'd bring someone in to improve the left-side and then use Montano as the back-up option, not bring in a player worse than him as his understudy!

Exactly, and Askey says this about Lloyd -

Isn't that what Montano already does? - or is Askey insinuating that Montano will be first choice and Lloyd will be his back-up?

Only, I was hoping that we'd bring someone in to improve the left-side and then use Montano as the back-up option, not bring in a player worse than him as his understudy!

Or (hopefully) we will find first team players in those position and those two will be back up across the board.

I guess we will find out at the end of the window

Still wonder how Askey became such an obvious choice as manager, the signing of Lloyd makes the choice even more unclear.

I can understand we need stability but to give him a 3 year contract could turn out to be an expensive mistake.

And keeping Garlick as CEO with his record in the last 3 years.

Can’t blame the Fat Controller now.

We were never going to be in a position to be spending 3 or 4k a week on the top notch players,its about rebuilding all through the club and that will take time,those expecting the likes of ajose and the like should realise that wont happen,not this season anyway,i am just so happy to have got rid of that parasite from the club and to have a club that is in league two now,knowing that all money will actually go back into the club ...I will still predict we will finish mid table which would be a massive improvement,we would all like top players but at the moment we have to look at the bigger picture

I can understand we need stability but to give him a 3 year contract could turn out to be an expensive mistake.

And keeping Garlick as CEO with his record in the last 3 years.

Not been a massive fan of Garlicks but I would guess he had very little to do under the gump,his hands would be tied just like the managers,he was there to take the flack,i will start to judge him from now as he looks so more relaxed in interviews...as for Askey,i will back him to the hilt and I predict he will be here for a while to come

Sounds like his agent is doing him a cracking job.

He’d play every game here, he needs to have a look at himself and start taking care of his own career and what is best for him and not the agent, shame really because he would’ve been well supported

Lloyd at left back? When has he been full of energy?

He can’t bloody tackle is Askey on mind bending drugs?

Why sign a player who will be lucky to play half a dozen games.I thought Smurthwaite was shopping in Poundland but Askey is shopping in charity shops.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Archived