onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

I've never seen such an aggressive reaction to a signing. Ever.

'Aberration'

Calm down lads.

He might be bad. He might not. None of us have seen him play in years apart from one game last season. What's the worst case? He's a cheap, rarely used squad player the manager likes. That is, the literal, worst case scenario, and some are knocking about on here like we're negotiating to bring back Reggie and Gezim Shalaj on 5 year, £3k a week contracts. I've never seen such outrage at a signing in my life. Martin Paterson got a better reception than this.

Same forum were absolutely ecstatic at the signing of a forward with 2 league goals at the age of 29 with a criminal record last season.

Chill lads. See you when the season starts.

I like a lot of your posts but I disagree here wholeheartedly.

We're signing a 25 year old that has just been released by a team below us that only survived on the last day of the season.

Why sign him if he isn't going to play? Surely a complete waste of a wage and we've been told again we are going for "quality over quantity".

I'm very positive about the club right now but this decision is baffling.

James Vaughan

I posted earlier about making up random names for rumours sake !!

He is at Wigan and has spent time on loan at both Sunderland and Pompey chasing promotion to the Championship,

He won't suddenly be swanning round Vale Park any time soon. Ludicrous suggestion.

He is at Wigan and has spent time on loan at both Sunderland and Pompey chasing promotion to the Championship,

He won't suddenly be swanning round Vale Park any time soon. Ludicrous suggestion.

Wind your neck in, he is not at Wigan he has been released on a free.

Look at his record before saying it is ludicrous:-

2016-17 - part of the league 1 team of the year, playing for a struggling Bury alongside Tom Pope.

Summer 2017 - signs for Sunderland but only scores 2 goals in 23 league appearances (championship).

January 2018 - joins Wigan but again struggles with 2 goals in 19 appearances (league 1 promotion year).

2018-19 - scores 2 goals in 19 appearances (championship) and ends up joining Portsmouth 0 goals in 10 appearances (league 1).

Since his superb season at Bury he has gone downhill, or found the Championship a step too far.

Portsmouth are hardly rushing to take him, so who will.

Maybe it is the manager and players around him (Popey) that brought the best out of him??

Maybe league 2 is now his level....ok there are teams with more financial clout who may be interested, but if you don't make the effort you will never know. If you think it is ludicrous then you have no ambition.

Some people seem to think we'll have Vaughan and James Wilson up top, with Sammy Szmodics and Danny Mayor behind them!

Mitch Hancox who has been mentioned on here has signed for Solihull Moors

Yep, did well for JA at Macc in their promotion team but then thought he could make a "big move" to MK Dons.

Never broke into their first team last year and as a Brummie, now gone back to his roots.

If JA thought he was worth it I am sure he would have made some enquiry.

Some people seem to think we'll have Vaughan and James Wilson up top, with Sammy Szmodics and Danny Mayor behind them! [/quote

James Wilson was at MUFC from an early age and the publicity went to his head, ending with him being loaned out to Brighton, Derby & last year Aberdeen.

Needs to get back to basics and get his game back in gear, depends if MUFC were still paying his wages, but JA is against loaning players from the start of the season.

Sammy Szmodics is a ludicrous suggestion, playing brilliantly for Colchester where he has been since a kid, highly likely to be going to Bristol City.

Danny Mayor beggars belief. Main source of Bury's promotion last year, being out of contract he could have his pick of clubs when Bury decide to sell to balance their books. I don't think even Popey's charm would get him to the Vale, let alone Carol's bank balance.

Now get real, James Vaughan's career is not exactly rising, in my humble opinion he is worth a shout.

Archived