onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Yeah I get your point, but Ryan Lloyd isn’t really exciting is it, if we sign some good proven players then you will get loads getting season tickets.

Stupid. Carol and Kevin have put their money where their mouth is. It is up to us to fund this squad now not the other way around!!

Advert

Up to us to fund the squad?

Of course. We need to buy ST, not be saying ooooo I will wait and see who we sign before I get one. Oh I don't like this rumour about Lloyd I won't bother now. It's so obviously counter productive. Just like people who say they don't like Stoke and their Premier League success,then throw away their earnings into a Bet365 account.

i heard we were actually offered Maynard before we signed miller, he was available on probably less money and we were also in for Waters yet we decided to spend X amount on a player who’s been “unreliable” shall we say. both have had better seasons. i don’t see why we can’t attract good players at this level if we show them the project the club is looking to put in place. i still say Cowan-Hall is a player we should look into trying to get

i heard we were actually offered Maynard before we signed miller, he was available on probably less money and we were also in for Waters yet we decided to spend X amount on a player who’s been “unreliable” shall we say. both have had better seasons. i don’t see why we can’t attract good players at this level if we show them the project the club is looking to put in place. i still say Cowan-Hall is a player we should look into trying to get

Waters didn't want to come at the time and Maynard wanted more money than we would pay but Bury did and look at the ****(financially) they are in

was just simply saying the two players mentioned are better than what we got and we didn’t attempt to get them. goal scorer is definitely a main target for next season, too many games this season where we were on top and failed to take our chances.

I can name quite a few players that weren't rated before signing for Vale; Akpo and Leon anyone?

If John Askey thinks a player has potential to improve the side, whether he's played here already or not, no matter what he's done at previous clubs, we should trust his judgement until proven otherwise. Even then some managers have duds and it's only to be expected.

I can name quite a few players that weren't rated before signing for Vale; Akpo and Leon anyone?

If John Askey thinks a player has potential to improve the side, whether he's played here already or not, no matter what he's done at previous clubs, we should trust his judgement until proven otherwise. Even then some managers have duds and it's only to be expected.

Sodje was an unknown but Constantine was a decent lower league striker at the time. I remember being really pleased we were after him after watching him against us for Torquay.

After watching Ryan Lloyd and Crookes play for us a lot, I would be very disappointing to use up 2 of the reported 12 new signings on them (if true).

I'd imagine the Lloyd rumour is true if people have seen him at Vale. It's not as though he's just keeping fit or anything with the season ending so must have been in for talks.

Blackpool have released a couple of players I'd sign:

Donervon Daniels - Big, strong, powerful defender. 25 years old so fits what I'd be looking for in terms of being with us for 3/4/5 years. Clubs in the Championship were rumoured to be after him in January so not sure of the reason he's been released though! If there was a chance he's available I'd get him up here!

Chris Long - 24 year old pacey, direct striker. His goals have dropped off recently but has good experience in L1 and a drop to L2 could reinvigorate him. He actually scored against us at home for Fleetwood. Would fit Askey's system and be one of the mobile strikers he's talked about.

Always good to look at relegated teams. Despite them playing for a relegated team even teams like that usually have a couple of good players who dont fancy the drop in league or wages. Always remember us signing Foley when Yeovil got relegated. A good signing and not saying we bring him back but players of that ilk are more realistically within our budget and Vale would be attractive as opposed to non league football.

Not 100% accurate, we could not have afforded Maynard, Bury certainly couldnt

Archived