onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

As for players I would like to see come in, couple released by Bradford City and Northampton (If the price is right terms of wages, fees etc.) that could be worth taking. Always liked Ash Taylor and Billy Clarke, however I think both may get fixed up in League One.

I'm not so sure. Injury prone and I think he looked good in a poor team.

You may be right but he did look good in league 1. Seemed a decent lad also, chased the money, gone wrong for him. It's really about his injuries. We need change I guess. Sam Foley, however, I would like back.

No ex players please we have been down that road so many times they left us or we didn’t want them for one reason or another surely we should be looking for young hungry fringe players from the championship who want to come and play football and not sit in there backsides

Some twitter account mentioned Chris Lines! Would prefer Sam Foley but not arsed about either.

Lines was much maligned when he was at Vale, how little we knew. Would walk into this side blindfolded, however at 33 , no thanks move on.

As for Foley, decent for us but again his age and also he is an absolute jinx. Think he has had 3 relegations in 5 seasons with Yeovil, Vale and Cobblers. No thanks.

One who has caught my eye as a maybe, Paris Cowan-Hall freed by Wyvombe, ok scoring record and a winger/striker.

This season he only scored 5 but was still 3rd top scorer.

As always with lower league players, geography comes into it. Always played down South

No to Lines.

No to Foley.

Purely on age reasons.

We need to build a TEAM. A core group of players that will be with us for 4-5+ years to build that spirit and continuity.

4 or 5 21-25 year olds with 100-200+ FL appearances would be a good start.

Success next season would be to have a similar season to Crewe this time around - never in danger of the drop, brief flirt with the top 7 then settle mid-table.

Then we build year on year.

No ex players please we have been down that road so many times they left us or we didn’t want them for one reason or another surely we should be looking for young hungry fringe players from the championship who want to come and play football and not sit in there backsides

I can't think of many real flops as ex players. Cullerton, Ridley, Tartt, Pope all did ok. McCarthy didn't do so well but was a temporary signing. Dodds was a flop. There's often talk on here but very few do return. I'm probably missing one or two but the sample size is very small. If Morsy left Wigan and expressed regret at leaving Vale I doubt he'd be a flop.

I'll throw a leftfield suggestion.

Odipo from QPR , he got me off seat when he was on loan , raw and pace to burn.

Think his loan was curtailed due to injury.

According to wiki he has been on loan at Colchester but maybe has lost his way.

Be a gamble but he looked ok i thought in his brief spell.

I'll throw a leftfield suggestion.

Odipo from QPR , he got me off seat when he was on loan , raw and pace to burn.

Think his loan was curtailed due to injury.

According to wiki he has been on loan at Colchester but maybe has lost his way.

Be a gamble but he looked ok i thought in his brief spell.

Signed a new contract I think,i am sure I saw that somewhere

There are a couple who Sheffield Utd have released who I think will be looking for teams around league 2 level

Archived