onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mitch Clark

valefan16

Advert

Currently a below average league two player in a below average league two team. Has the potential to do more but I'd be very surprised if he isn't playing league two football next season.

If his agent is so sure he won't be playing for Vale this season I see no reason for him to travel with the squad tomorrow so hope he's given the day off.

I think to say he is a below average league 2 player is harsh....only my opinion of course

Agents are the rswipes of football. Would love to meet Clarke's agent to discuss what Championship club he should instantly walk in to. I mean, Norwich are probably a bit beneath him, and likewise Sheffield United. But Villa have let him go, so perhaps he can get 200K a week plying his trade for Arsenal? They need a full back who hasn't exactly lit up league 2, don't they?

I think to say he is a below average league 2 player is harsh....only my opinion of course

I'd say he is currently an average League 2 player - OK defensively but needs to improve his attacking play from full-back. He's certainly getting better in terms of going forward and linking up with the man ahead (Worrall) but his delivery/crossing lets him down at the moment. But, he's still young & inexperienced and will undoubtedly improve his all-round game.

He's probably on a par with Gibbons so in terms of keeping Clark, that depends on whether there are (off-field) issues with Gibbons that will mean he won't be selected, or even shipped out of the club. If so, then keeping Clark would be a good move.

Clark has potential, looked superb when he first came similar to Whits last year but as he’s settled in his inexperience has shown at times which is understandable. Cambridge away sticks out when he was run ragged for instance.

He is in the potentially very good category and if his agent cared about his player would advise he goes somewhere he can get game time to improve and put himself in the shop window rather than going and sitting in a Championship sides reserves.

Being honest he will go to a league 1 club and will be a regular starter there. Hard to see us signing many more with Smurfwaite hanging around like a bad smell.

Reading between the lines it won't be long before he's gone.

Being honest he will go to a league 1 club and will be a regular starter there. Hard to see us signing many more with Smurfwaite hanging around like a bad smell.

Did you miss our best player committing to us which suggests a takeover is done?

His agent sounds like a bullshitter, wouldn't surprise me if it was him that put Dean Smith off signing the player as it seemed strange to release a young lad who has just made 40 odd appearances on his first loan spell out.

Have you read what the article? His agent says, there is massive interest from those 2 leagues. If that had even a shred of truth to it, Villa would at least offer him a contract so they could demand compensation. But the fact that they haven't, shows his agent is talking Smurthwaite. Imagine that, an agent lying through his teeth... :ninja:

I like it...'Talking Smurthewaite' :yes:

Listen to Brown's interview again

Clark has potential, looked superb when he first came similar to Whits last year but as he’s settled in his inexperience has shown at times which is understandable. Cambridge away sticks out when he was run ragged for instance.

He is in the potentially very good category and if his agent cared about his player would advise he goes somewhere he can get game time to improve and put himself in the shop window rather than going and sitting in a Championship sides reserves.

Accurate post. Started well, finishing season strong. Committed high potential player, probably better than bottom of league 2 for sure. But, if new owners arrive, Askey is manager then perhaps he could build with us for a season or two? Mitch will play at a much higher level, appears to have the drive and determination to match his talent.

Can we same the same of Ben Whitfield? I'm not sure which is a shame, another lad with talent, perhaps we are the wrong club for him?

These agents are just leeches......I'm in Danish Valiant's camp on this although I probably don't feel as strongly as him.....:laugh: Whatever happened to the days of learning your trade, establishing yourself at a club and then hopefully if you're good enough you get picked up at a higher level? I know, I know I'm from a different era....I get called a dinosaur at work!

Clarkey hasn't really pulled up any trees has he? Been steady at times, young and inexperienced at others with the odd bit of top class stuff added into the mix.

Archived