onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket prices

Do you think that season ticket prices are correct.

If you were the new owner would you retain season ticket prices, reduce them or offer incentives.

The whole basis of your opinion should be a club and fan balance, but primarily it must be able to create more revenue to the club.

Advert

I'm at the stage now where I would happily pay a non-Smurthwaite premium for next season.

It's a bit like being at an airport where they try to squeeze a bit more money out of you to avoid all the annoying faff.

You are missing the point, we need to encourage people back, a £25 reduction wouldn't make much difference to the takings and would hopefully stimulate sales. let's face it the season ticket hasn't been value for money for the last couple of seasons. Synectics need to start off on the right foot if they want to encourage all those people who said they wouldn't buy another season ticket until Norman leaves.

You are missing the point, we need to encourage people back, a £25 reduction wouldn't make much difference to the takings and would hopefully stimulate sales. let's face it the season ticket hasn't been value for money for the last couple of seasons. Synectics need to start off on the right foot if they want to encourage all those people who said they wouldn't buy another season ticket until Norman leaves.

Maybe I'm don't appreciate how much some are struggling but I don't think a £25 saving would sway anyone on something as expensive as a season ticket. Keep them the same price and publicise that the budget will be going on a smaller higher quality squad. The time for fancy schemes is next year when hopefully we won't have finished in one of the lowest positions in our history and won't have an utterly despicable twunt in charge.

I think the early bird price of £295 is very good. It's less than £13 per match. I think incentives and prices for teenagers and young adults needs to be reduced as this age group is the future of our fan base. Keep under 12s free.

If we sell 3000 adult season tickets then every fiver is £15000. Currently the price of £295 would be £885000 if we sold 3000.

I think 3000 adults is a realistic target. Concessions (OAPs, youth and young adults) on top of this figure would boost receipts further.

I think the early bird price of £295 is very good. It's less than £13 per match. I think incentives and prices for teenagers and young adults needs to be reduced as this age group is the future of our fan base. Keep under 12s free.

If we sell 3000 adult season tickets then every fiver is £15000. Currently the price of £295 would be £885000 if we sold 3000.

I think 3000 adults is a realistic target. Concessions (OAPs, youth and young adults) on top of this figure would boost receipts further.

Fully agree re: young adults. I have a 19 and 18 year old at university, so not earning and yet season tickets in that bracket same as OAP and represent little discount on a full adult ticket.

This 18-21 band is key to the future, as it is an age when many are not earning / full time education or low paid apprenticeships, and yet the ticket price almost doubles from when they are 17.

Once they get out of the habit of attending it is much harder to get them back.

I would price this category the same as the junior ticket at £145, as a minimum for those in full time education. Even if they are away at Uni they are likely to be able to attend half the games, so you can justify at circa £10 per game. £255 for this category is way too much

We could also use it as a marketing spin with the local universities, who will have keen football fans from other areas - ‘Adopt your local club’ whilst studying in Staffordshire

I’m pleased that I started this thread as some really good points have been made.

When I was in the Navy I was based in Plymouth so attended some Argyle matches. Football fans will go to see a local team to fulfil their love of the game. This is a reason to tap into the students who attend the local Universities, perhaps concessions for individual games on production of student card.

If you look around the ground there is a lack of young fans which needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. I’d suggest also one game of the month give free tickets to local high schools, another couple of hundred fans, hopefully would increase the atmosphere that is lacking. I would suggest that these tickets should be for the Bycars with a view to filling the area behind the goal.

Archived