onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Traditional clubs or the new potential clubs in their places?

jospvfc

Let's be honest, there would not be many people outside of the Valiant fan base that would shed a tear for us if we were to lose our League status.

My feeling is that if ANY Club is well run and obtain their results then they are welcome to join us. Time will then dictate whether they are one offs or ego tripping parasites.

It's strange that on one hand we have people who detest the Salfords of this world as they are financially backed to scramble over all others in their Leagues but there are those that welcome their own Clubs to be heavily backed financially so they can steal a so called advantage over many other less well off Clubs.

As life long fans of our own Clubs we want stability and a reason to believe our Owners can and will run the club successfully, with a sense that steady progress is welcome.

Whoever is promoted will get a pat on the back from me and I look forward to visiting new venues with our new owners in tow.

Advert

Money talks in football at every level and clubs consequently rise or fall more often than not based on the size of their budgets. Odd teams buck the trend but generally it's the clubs with money that go up and the ones without go down.

I don't care one way or another although it's more convenient if the teams we play are close to Burslem and not hundreds of miles away.

I've been to nearly all the grounds mentioned above - from Workington to Scarborough, Southport to Halifax, Hereford to Aldershot, and it matters not to me who we play. Indeed when we used to play the likes of Wrexham (and who can recall that game at the Racecourse in 69?) and Stockport they were big rivals and we couldn't bear the sight of them!

I'm entirely neutral. Some fans like visiting new grounds.

Money talks in football at every level and clubs consequently rise or fall more often than not based on the size of their budgets. Odd teams buck the trend but generally it's the clubs with money that go up and the ones without go down.

I don't care one way or another although it's more convenient if the teams we play are close to Burslem and not hundreds of miles away.

I've been to nearly all the grounds mentioned above - from Workington to Scarborough, Southport to Halifax, Hereford to Aldershot, and it matters not to me who we play. Indeed when we used to play the likes of Wrexham (and who can recall that game at the Racecourse in 69?) and Stockport they were big rivals and we couldn't bear the sight of them!

I'm entirely neutral. Some fans like visiting new grounds.

I love visiting new grounds,we could eventually end up with a League full of grounds with standing areas,apart from us?

Ultimately promotion based on merit is the best way to go. Clubs will come and go, that is evolution. For football to prosper we must feed the dreams of fans that their team can get promotion on the playing field.

Exactly,we can't have it both ways,the pyramid system gives everybody a chance of progressing through the league's,especially those with rich owners.

I suppose it's a question of what's better. The old electoral process or the current open shop? The current set up allows money men to obtain club's on the cheap and bank roll them to the big time, Rushden & Diamonds being a prime example. Not a fan of it at all if I'm honest. Give me Southport, Bradford (Park Avenue), Workington and Barrow over Fleetwood, Yeovil and Burton Albion anyday of the week.

Agree generally, bit harsh on Yeovil, I thought along with Wycombe they'd been one of the better additions outside of the 'traditional' league sides in the last 25 years. Reasonable home fanbase tbf to them despite it being a bit of an outpost miles from anywhere!

As Sage says, sadly money talks in this day and age. Fylde have just put Solihull out too, shame for them they've had a very good season for a very small club and were probably the only one of the last 4 not to be backrolled.

Still if Eastleigh go out I'd imagine Vale fans will travel in reasonable numbers to Fylde or Salford.

According to my Sky football app Salford are playing To Be Confirmed today. I am hoping TBC win because Salford are a project club.

AFC Fylde have built a new stadium and look like they have a long term future at National League level or above. They are also in a space, to coin a phrase, where a team can fit in geographically. Now Wrexham have gone, I hope they make it. If they do I don't think they will go straight back down. As always I want to see Stevenage bite the dust, I really dislike that club. They have embedded cheating at the heart of their culture.

Archived