onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown signs extension

llcoolj

Advert

I hope the takeover can be confirmed and announced before Saturday. It really wouldn't surprise me if Smurthwaite made it a condition of sale that he stayed in post to enjoy Bury's hospitality before leaving.

If he's there on Saturday I hope he gets stick all afternoon.

I hope the takeover can be confirmed and announced before Saturday. It really wouldn't surprise me if Smurthwaite made it a condition of sale that he stayed in post to enjoy Bury's hospitality before leaving.

If he's there on Saturday I hope he gets stick all afternoon.

He’s going MK Dons v Mansfield on Saturday

I am certain that this is likely to be the only post I have ever seen on OVF that is 100% supported by everyone who responds. Unless of course a secret Stokie comes on to try to wind us up.

Clearly Scott must have an inkling of what lies ahead before any formal announcements are made. This augers well for the future.

I also very much hope that Sam Hornby extends his contract. He has been a model professional at Port Vale and I am convinced that he has a long successful career ahead of him. I would understand if he decided that trying to oust Scott Brown was a step too far and looked elsewhere, but I really hope he stays.

Absolutely - have to have a couple of decent keepers at any level! Hornby may get chances due to injuries, or plying in the cup matches?

Askey I’m sure knows if he is here next season. I’m sure a verbal agreement will be in place and he’s said he’s spoken to Carol and Norm.

Next week is big. Got a feeling we might get another one tomorrow possibly Askey?

Does a member of staff have some dodgy pictures of him and is blackmailing him or something?!

On his day he's as good as Goodlad, and is the one player the rest of the side should be built around.

Out of interest, how do you build a side around a goalkeeper?

"I also very much hope that Sam Hornby extends his contract. He has been a model professional at Port Vale and I am convinced that he has a long successful career ahead of him. I would understand if he decided that trying to oust Scott Brown was a step too far and looked elsewhere, but I really hope he stays.! (Essex Vale )

I too, hope he stays with us, but unfortunately have heard a very strong rumour that he will choose to leave in his quest for regular 1st team football. He is certainly good enough for League 2 football.

Archived