• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Brown signs extension

llcoolj

Advert:

Fantastic news!

Not quite sure though about Askey's claim that Brown "could've quite easily moved on elsewhere", seeing as he was under contract for next season anyway.

Hopefully this will be followed soon by news of contract extensions for Oyeleke and Worrall.

Advert:

Does a member of staff have some dodgy pictures of him and is blackmailing him or something?!

On his day he's as good as Goodlad, and is the one player the rest of the side should be built around.

Fantastic news. A brilliant start.

I am certain that this is likely to be the only post I have ever seen on OVF that is 100% supported by everyone who responds. Unless of course a secret Stokie comes on to try to wind us up.

Clearly Scott must have an inkling of what lies ahead before any formal announcements are made. This augers well for the future.

I also very much hope that Sam Hornby extends his contract. He has been a model professional at Port Vale and I am convinced that he has a long successful career ahead of him. I would understand if he decided that trying to oust Scott Brown was a step too far and looked elsewhere, but I really hope he stays.

Advert:

Scott must have an inkling of what lies ahead before any formal announcements are made. This augers well for the future.

An interesting point that does indeed point towards more good news in the offing. Fingers crossed.

Be great to have him between the sticks for longer.

Brightened up a dull, dark day that. Fantastic news, well done whoever was indeed responsible for tying him down.

Part one of the backbone of a decent side for next season. Centre half, centre midfield and I assume Pope as centre forward need to be the spine for us.

Brightened up a dull, dark day that. Fantastic news, well done whoever was indeed responsible for tying him down.

Part one of the backbone of a decent side for next season. Centre half, centre midfield and I assume Pope as centre forward need to be the spine for us.

I suspect Pope may be used from the bench

This is atrong indication to me that the ownership issue has been decided and agreed, and now all that is awaited is the EFL approval/announcement. Given Brown's age and lack of any real re-sale value, I really doubt that Norman would authorise it if he was going to continue, given SB had another year on his contract left anyway.

Fantastic news!

Not quite sure though about Askey's claim that Brown "could've quite easily moved on elsewhere", seeing as he was under contract for next season anyway.

Hopefully this will be followed soon by news of contract extensions for Oyeleke and Worrall.

We will have to take his word for it, there may have been interest, the main thing is he is staying for longer. Hopefully the start of better things.

Advert:

I hope the takeover can be confirmed and announced before Saturday. It really wouldn't surprise me if Smurthwaite made it a condition of sale that he stayed in post to enjoy Bury's hospitality before leaving.

If he's there on Saturday I hope he gets stick all afternoon.

Takes so much pressure off the rest of the side having a top keeper and Brown, for me, looks the most confident and assured keeper we've had since our championship days.

Looks good for the takeover now I think.

Great news

Archived