onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thanks John

Advert

More than happy day thank you for keeping us up but serious doubts over long term after what I witnessed in the last 2 home games. Utter disgrace from top to bottom.

Terrible performance but I think this is a little harsh... Askey has performed a near miracle keeping this shower up.

Given all the “unprofessionalism” that’s going on in the squad... motivating a bunch of lads who I’m guessing have been told there will be wholesale changes and whose heads are already in Ibiza has proven a step too far.

A fresh start is needed in the summer so Askey can build his own squad. Judgement should probably wait until that happens.

If you’d say to me we’d be 7 clear going into the last game in February I’d have called it a miracle so job done.

Deserves to clear out what he himself has identified as unprofessional behaviour and build his own squad hopefully with no protests in the back ground and stability finally at the club.

It is obvious that Askey knows what good footballers look like. He came in and got Worral back in the side. He changed up our style of play and dropped poor performers appropriately.

He is the man for Vale long term.

What we need is a proper owner and all failing players shipped out.

I think Askey has performed a minor miracle in keeping us up.

I doubt anyone could see where the next win was coming from at the end of January. I was 100% sure we'd be in the National League now.

So I can't praise him highly enough despite the last few home games.

It's impossibly hard when you don't have a chance to sign any of your own players and now of course we are learning of numerous problems behind the scenes.

Give him a two year contract, a decent budget and let him get on with the job of putting a smile back on our miserable faces.

I think Askey has performed a minor miracle in keeping us up.

I doubt anyone could see where the next win was coming from at the end of January. I was 100% sure we'd be in the National League now.

So I can't praise him highly enough despite the last few home games.

It's impossibly hard when you don't have a chance to sign any of your own players and now of course we are learning of numerous problems behind the scenes.

Give him a two year contract, a decent budget and let him get on with the job of putting a smile back on our miserable faces.

Couldn't agree more Sage.

A gentleman, Vale man, calming, talented manager.

Thank you John, without you (and Scott Brown on the pitch) we'd have been relegated in March.

Sort him out with a contract asap

More than happy day thank you for keeping us up but serious doubts over long term after what I witnessed in the last 2 home games. Utter disgrace from top to bottom.

Did you go MK??, I would be happy if he signed a two year contract. He would sort out the mess we have regarding players and there attitudes....

It’s funny how a few wins and some people’s expectations change. When he came in, the majority couldn’t see where the end twin was coming from. Many resigned to relegation. We would have bitten someone’s hand off if they offered for us to stay up on goal difference. He came in with one single job target, and a challenging one at that. Stay up. And he succeeded.

That's more to do with the players(none of whom are is) than Askey,personally I think it will be different with his own players and I fully expect him to be manager next season

Askey has done the job he was asked to do, as did Aspin last season. However, Askey did not inherit the dire position this year that Aspin did last.

I am of the opinion that we would have stayed up this season even if the much maligned Aspin had stayed.

Askey has brought a different and more attacking style of football, but without checking facts I doubt that overall the results have altered too much.

Things, as have been said infinitum, have to change at the top. Without that change In the most senior position, nothing will change on the field.

So to sum up, well done to Askey on the job so far. But as it stands we currently sit 88th of 92.

Hardly any call for celebration I might suggest.

Archived