onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Welcome back Leyton Orient

Advert

Yes, I agree and Bob Mills from Talk Sport 1000-1300 will be pleased. He always talks about lower league football and gives the opinion that he’s washed his hands of the EPL. I just hope Salford City miss out on promotion with Solihull Moors getting the other position. The reason for this being that Salford think that they can just buy their way into the league, paying unrealistic salaries for players at that level

Promoted today. Another club who have been badly run in the past few years.

Yes Norm,they are under new ownership now and did it in front of over 8,000 fans.

They could also do the double by winning the FA Trophy final against AFC Fylde on Sunday, 19 May.

When I lived in London in the 90s the O's were my second team. If I couldn't get to the Vale game I'd go down to watch them, especially mid week matches. So I'm really pleased that they're back and it will be the first away fixture I look for when they come out in June. Hope it's a Saturday that I can make.

A proper football club replacing joke club Yeovil.

Really good news that they're back - a proper good old league club unlike the dross of unknown non-league sides bankrolled by wannabe league owners who contribute little or nothing to lower league football. Had some great times at the Orient watching the Vale - Bernie getting sent off (on his Vale debut, I think), Foyley scoring a hat-trick - and always a warm welcome. A good, traditional, working class, family club who deserve to be back after the ownership trauma they've been through.

Hopefully Wrexham will join them - another traditional well-supported club who will bring a fair few to Vale Park and create a decent atmosphere.

At least there's summat cheerful to end the season.

When I lived in London in the 90s the O's were my second team. If I couldn't get to the Vale game I'd go down to watch them, especially mid week matches. So I'm really pleased that they're back and it will be the first away fixture I look for when they come out in June. Hope it's a Saturday that I can make.

A proper football club replacing joke club Yeovil.

Why are Yeovil a joke club?

I really don’t get this anti ambitious non league teams attitude.

I regularly read on these pages contributors wishing that our owner would put his hand in his back pocket and support the manager.

Yet when owners of non league clubs do this very thing, I read endless posts of derision against their actions.

It seems to me that we want someone to do this very thing at Vale, as long as no one else does it.

Move with the times. If some non league owner wants his or her team to succeed, then so be it. It would certainly be one up on our current incumbent.

Archived