onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lack of professionalism amongst minority of PV players

philmpv

Advert

Yep, quite aware thanks. The point is that the effort of marketing was once again non-existent.

Old regime isn't going to make any effort as don't care. New regime hasn't taken over yet so can't do anything. They may also do an offer on pricing. Why would anything come out now? I can't quote fathom what you expect to happen at this stage.

That's the thing though mate, how do you know its rubbish. Considering he's being completely dropped would suggest something is not right.

I don't. Just think it's a bit mad for Vale fans to have spent the season trying to tarnish Miller's reputation. Firstly with the rumours about his sexual preferences and now with the rumours of drug use.

After what's been going on off the pitch I would imagine that quite a few players won't be here for much longer, Miller included.

His scoring record is abysmal and no way on god's earth is he the answer to our goalscoring problems. 6 goals in 58 league appearances, more clubs than Nick Faldo and aged over 30 doesn't suggest that he's the man we need, apart from his numerous problems off the field.

Forget about him and a few others and let's look forward to rebuilding the squad yet again and bringing in players with some pride, self control and proven scoring ability.

But a better goals per minute ratio from open play than Sir Tom this season.

What does it say about the Messiah if he scores less often than someone with an 'abysmal' record?

What does it say about the Messiah if he scores less often than someone with an 'abysmal' record?

I've made this point on other threads, but you won't get many who will see beyond the 'wonder season', despite the undisputable fact that, on average, we score significantly less goals per season with Tom in the side than without. Take out THAT season, and it's actually a shocking difference. People say that without his goals we wouldn't be in tne FL, but that's like saying that without baked beans in the cupboard you wouldn't eat.

Look at their career records. I'm not trying to tarnish Miller's reputation but if you look at his career record he has had one excellent season at Dover and not much else. Indeed, he has had about four times as many clubs as he has league goals. What he does off the pitch is irrelevant - in my opinion he isn't good enough on it. You're perfectly entitled to disagree.

Pope at, what, 32 is clearly past his best but is still currently the best striker at the Club.

And the way one or two talk about him on here is shameful in my view as he's one of our all time top scorers, the record goalscorer at Vale Park, saved us from the drop last year and is again our top scorer this season, and apart from Brown has more than played his part despite being injured a lot. His career record in league football is vastly superior to Miller's. It's daft to even compare the two.

Pope of course is a Vale man through and through whereas I don't think you'll see much more of Miller in a Vale shirt and he'll soon be on to his umpteenth club yet is only 30. I wonder why.

People don't need to spread rumour and innuendo about Miller who has always had my 100% support when he's played. Read Wikipedia and you might get an indication of a few "incidents" that have occurred.

But, like Jean says, I'm also judging him on his record and general play. He can't hold up the ball. He doesn't score enough goals. He is greedy and plays looking at the grass. He has no awareness of others. He can't head a ball. And he's liable to pick up a card at any time. I don't think he's good enough despite running around with plenty of energy. But I could do that.

How can you persist in saying Pope's a one season wonder (which in any case is one more than Miller)? He's scored over 100 goals for the Club. Over 100. There are only two players in front of him since 1876!

I don't. Just think it's a bit mad for Vale fans to have spent the season trying to tarnish Miller's reputation. Firstly with the rumours about his sexual preferences and now with the rumours of drug use.

Someone’s sexual preference doesn’t tarnish their reputation. The person using it against him is the one who needs to be looked down on.

I’m pretty sure that’s what your saying but putting drug use and sexual preference together could suggest they are both negative things.

Not smoke but a raging fire. Good riddance to all 3 knuckleheads.

It remains to be seen how many are shown the door or given a second opportunity.

But more than three are going.

Not long until the retained list comes out. Early next week I imagine and then we'll put an end to the speculation and see for ourselves who is staying and who is leaving.

Archived