onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lack of professionalism amongst minority of PV players

philmpv

Advert

That's a strong claim unless you can substantiate it? Don't the EFL do random drug tests? Look what's just happened to Alex Hales the England cricketer! If drug use is as rife as you seem to suggest, surely testing would have found at at least someone during the course of a season?

The persistent rumours that one of our players has actually failed a drug test could be either confirmed or denied by a statement from the Club. However, the total lack of any official statement means that rumours spread easily. The old saying that 'when facts are scarce, rumours abound' is perfectly true.

By the way, what is the nature of the injury that Gibbons has picked up, that keeps him out of the 18 man match day squad and out of the reserve games? Must be a serious one.

Heard exactly the same, personally I'd make an example & get rid of 2, possibly all 3.

Needs to be a no nonsense & strictly professional attitude, otherwise any others will know they can get away with it, & any future issues could affect a promotion/playoff push.

That may, or may not be the case in football, but as an employee I would well and truly make known my feelings of disapproval especially if the 'coked up' employee's behaviour when on duty endangered our collective health, safety and wellbeing - and my condemnation includes employers who turn a blind eye to 'coked up' employees simply because the business is doing well.
I agree if its in a certain profession then its a complete no. But in certain industries its not going to affect health and safety. Football being 1. But look at other star players would you throw them under the bus. The cantona kung fu kick being an example. Paul Merson etc.

But at our level them players dont exist so i agree with zero tolerance policy.

It's got to have been terrible for the likes of Sproson and Askey to say that they've never seen the likes of it after both spending 40 years in the game, at all levels. Says it all doesn't it?

You'll always get the odd one. We're all human and all that. A pint here. A fag there. A sneaky pie and chips. The odd bet. But this seems to be a rotten core that has affected a few lads and not just an odd one.

It's sad and depressing. And in the circumstances we are now hearing it's frankly amazing that we've stayed up.

No wonder Askey's first thought was that most of them weren't fit!

In any walk of life you have to have personal pride and an attitude that says I will do my best each day. You owe it to yourself first, never mind your work colleagues. But when there's a handful of lads taking the mick and not towing the line then it's hard to isolate the problem.

I still think that a real no nonsense leader and captain is a must in the summer. A Hazell type would not stand for any of this.

But I guess it's hard when we've changed managers so often lately, we have a huge squad, lads who the chairman has signed, players who came in on deadline day via agents, and many of them haven't had much of a look in for several weeks on end.

How many players have we actually used in the past 3 seasons? I think it's been something like 38 in each of the last two seasons and over 30 this year. So well in excess of 100 players in 36 months. Must be close to some kind of record. Maybe like Rudge did when he came here they've got their names over their pegs in chalk! Ridiculous recruitment. Totally farcical.

What on earth was Aspin doing?

What on earth is our captain and the leaders in the dressing room doing to allow this culture to ferment and seemingly prosper?

Pope, Legge, Brown, Kay, Pugh, Tonge, Joyce, Worrall; we have a raft of old man. How has the dressing room culture allowed this to happen? Is there any accountability, or is it a live and let live culture?

I have said it many times before and I'll say it again; good striker, club legend, but Tom Pope is not captain material. He spent more time screaming at team mates yesterday and throwing his arms up in rage than showing any form of leadership. He's been banned from his old twitter account for swearing at fans, regularly engaging in spats whenever fans kick off. This is no knock on his ability and on-field importance, but he simply is not a captain, in any facet bar the fact he's our top scorer. I hope this forum allows the nuance of you don't have to worship every single thing Pope is; great player, but a new captain is needed.

Just sickened by everything Port Vale at the present. Should the takeover occur, there needs to be a no-mercy culling of the club. Rebuild from the ground up. I'd rather spend longer getting this right than trying to put plasters on mortal wounds. Club is finished in its current state.

In any good business, leadership stems from the top.

Smurthwaite couldn’t care less. Garlicks wetter than water. The employees are having an easy ride and all that then stems down to a manager who in his last few months seemed very depressed and so the players haven’t given a ****!

And finally when it dawned on them that there was a possibility of going down they did the business but have since reverted to type.

I’d expect nothing less from Miller. He just needs hounding out of the club as soon as possible. I’m disgusted with Gibbons and he should never wear the shirt again. Disgraceful attitude.

In today’s day and age the club has a duty of care to Its players and sends them to rehab before sacking them.

I understand another player has been in rehab and is back in team.

It’s a sign of how drink and drugs are part and parcel of the game.

In today’s day and age the club has a duty of care to Its players and sends them to rehab before sacking them.

It’s not Millers first dance. He needs going. Give Gibbons rehab but I’d still never have him wear the shirt again. Too risky.

I don’t want my club to be affiliated with coke heads.

It’s not Millers first dance. He needs going. Give Gibbons rehab but I’d still never have him wear the shirt again. Too risky.

I don’t want my club to be affiliated with coke heads.

Why does everyone seem to think its Miller, maybe it's an overpaid ex premier league club reserve/youth player with too much time and money on his hands??. Dont jump to conclusions before the truth has come out..

As much as they are part and parcel of society at large. We can't expect players to be immune from that - but then again they're professional athletes who should understand the damage that drugs can do, both to body and reputation. If not someone should tell them.

Why does everyone seem to think its Miller, maybe it's an overpaid ex premier league club reserve/youth player with too much time and money on his hands??. Dont jump to conclusions before the truth has come out..

If you know Miller, have a word with him and ask him where he was over Easter. Seems him and Gibbons had a blast.

Archived