onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lack of professionalism amongst minority of PV players

philmpv

Advert

The more I listen to Askey the more I like him. He has never played for us, he was not promoted from within and he probably cares more than any manager we have had.

Probably upset by Tier 1 and 2 loan players not making the best use of their skills and opportunities, in contrast to non-league players.

I think we've got a few who think they are better than they are and probably in training askey has seen some egos and attitude problems from our players and maybe loan players as well.

I feel pretty sure that over 30 + years in the game he will have seen and had to deal with loads of egotists, so doubt whether it's that. I too wondered if it was as much to do with the running of the club as it is to playing matters. However, he is pretty specific about "'some' players" so that's a pretty damning indictment of 'some' of the squad. Hopefully contract issues won't cause a problem and John Askey will be able to get rid of any 'bad apples'before the start of next season.

I believe the issue he is referring to is drug use. We have a few coke heads in the squad. So I am told.

That's a strong claim unless you can substantiate it? Don't the EFL do random drug tests? Look what's just happened to Alex Hales the England cricketer! If drug use is as rife as you seem to suggest, surely testing would have found at at least someone during the course of a season?

That's a strong claim unless you can substantiate it? Don't the EFL do random drug tests? Look what's just happened to Alex Hales the England cricketer! If drug use is as rife as you seem to suggest, surely testing would have found at least someone during the course of a season?

I thought they did two players from each side after every game?

Sposon on RS just suggesting that it's (whatever IT is) widespread amongst the players and that there are wholesale changes to come.

You'd have to guess at recreational drugs or excessive drinking, probably prior to a game. Probably not a big speculation to say the players not getting into the match day squad are the ones involved.

What a mess. Let's hope we get Askey to manage us, and the Shanahans in control, then get this mess sorted out. Players are disappearing out of the squad for whatever reason, whether its drugs, booze or egos it wants stamping out.

You'd have to guess at recreational drugs or excessive drinking, probably prior to a game. Probably not a big speculation to say the players not getting into the match day squad are the ones involved.

Archived