onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Elizabeth Rex

Aussie Rules

Advert

I don’t quite see how she, personally, is a asset to the country.

The monarchy itself is a complete enigma to me. The working population of this kingdom pay exorbitant amounts in taxation to keep her, her extended family and countless “hangers on” in a life of unimaginable luxury.

I am constantly reminded that the Royal Family is an asset to the nation as a whole, yet all I see around these Isles is endless poverty, despair and destitution.

I wish Her Majesty no ill, but I personally find it difficult to empathise how she benefits the general population of her alleged subjects.

Then there’s her Greek husband. Ah well.

The monarchy itself is a complete enigma to me. The working population of this kingdom pay exorbitant amounts in taxation to keep her, her extended family and countless “hangers on” in a life of unimaginable luxury.

I am constantly reminded that the Royal Family is an asset to the nation as a whole, yet all I see around these Isles is endless poverty, despair and destitution.

I wish Her Majesty no ill, but I personally find it difficult to empathise how she benefits the general population of her alleged subjects.

The value of having a hereditary monarch as head of state is in not having to consider the alternative. I'd hate to have to lionise some geriatric politician - how would President Thatcher have sounded? - and I feel the reverence Americans have for an elected executive President nauseating, particularly if you consider the present incumbent.

Long may she reign and, after she has received her heavenly reward, her successors.

Heatwave, I hear what you say. The thought of President Thatcher does indeed send shivers down my spine.

But at least if people in the highest position were answerable to the general public, then a national vote on there suitability could be called upon.

I don’t recall being asked by the government if I would like to continue to support the so called Royal Family.

In there lies the difference.

The value of having a hereditary monarch as head of state is in not having to consider the alternative. I'd hate to have to lionise some geriatric politician - how would President Thatcher have sounded? - and I feel the reverence Americans have for an elected executive President nauseating, particularly if you consider the present incumbent.

Long may she reign and, after she has received her heavenly reward, her successors.

Agreed I was thinking more along the lines of President Blair with Cherie Blair as the First Lady,I can't think of anything more nauseating than that pair of social climbers.

Least bad option. Anyone fancy President Blair or Cameroon? So reluctant happy Birthday to her Maj. Plus she is an old lady. Can't stand the rest of her family mind, that bald bloke married to an anorexic or the ginge married to a gob ***** yank.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/where-does-the-royal-family-get-money-2017-1

Time this Leftie myth was exposed properly! " Every year, the Queen gets a chunk of cash called the Sovereign Grant.

It comes from the treasury and it's funded by taxpayers, according to the BBC.

The basic agreement is that the Queen gets the grant in exchange for surrendering all profits from the Crown Estate— the Royal family's massive portfolio of properties — to the government. Every year, the Queen is given an amount of money equivalent to 15% of the Crown Estate's profits from two years ago.

For example: In 2013, the Crown Estate generated a profit of £267.1 million (about $325.8 million). That means, in 2015, the Queen's Sovereign Grant was 15% of that total — that's £40.1 million (or $48.9 million). There is an unknowable amount of money that comes into the country with people visiting to see the buildings and ceremonies; and thousands of charities benefit from the harder-working Royals. I started off as an anti-Royal, but, over the years, have developed a respect for msny of them. Some of you will whinge about them "not having proper jobs" and "it's no job, eating a few meals every day"...but this is petty and, at her age, The Queen could be forgiven for wanting to put her feet up - like most of you, at her age! I'd rather have a monarchy than a dictatorship or a republic. Just my opiniuons, of course!

Archived