onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Forget Promotion folks

old sage

Advert

Failure to get all three points on Saturday against Bury will mean - no promotion this season.

If the Vale beat Bury it will show that we have a chance because the lads are good enough and the team will still be in touch with the top seven in the league..

It's automatic promotion or nothing as far as I'm concerned.The no hope Board are banking on a reasonable payout from sky coverage and gate money to tide them over until the season ticket money starts to roll in.Any financial set back that puts the squeeze on this hand to mouth Board is to be welcomed and,yes,that includes the Gannon compensation payout. Remember the Sinnott compensation fiasco.So,hopefully,two more nails in the board's coffin and as Old Sage says both courtesy of Jim Gannon.

While we're still mathematically in with a chance I'll still believe. Thetre are 9 (?) games to go, 27 (?) points up for grabs, there is no reason why we can't get back to winning ways.

Hereford are a good side away from home, who make the opposition work hard and stick to a system.

We haven't had training with the new management yet.

Players were probably still in a bit of a daze after the weekend.

Certain key players won't be fully fit for one or two games, as they weren't playing regularly enough.

There's still time, no need to go overboard.

At the start of the season I thought top 7 was realistic. As the season progressed it was clear Vale were one of the top 3 teams in the league and should be promoted automatically. I revised my stance accordingly.

Then Adams went. Gannon arrived.

Now not only do Vale have the possibility of missing out of automatic promotion, but the play offs look like a miss also. I do think we'll scrape into the top 7 somewhere. IF we win the game in hand we could shoot up to 4th. And then 2nd and 3rd are in touching distance. however there is a big IF given the current state of the playing affairs.

The long game: I would rather stay down for another season; get Mo in and a decent back room staff with money to get players than go up, struggle, get relegated, see crowds dwindle and still have to contend with the bs from the board room.

For a club to progress and survive there needs to be a solid base, otherwise its just papering over the cracks. Right now Vale's cracks are numbering 6 and there isn't enough paper in the world.

Hadn;t the rot set in before MA left for pastures new OS?....things were not right at VP even back then

No we were unbeaten in November which included a 5-0 away win at Stockport and a very good performance and home win over Wycombe, which for me was the best game i have seen this season between 2 good sides. The enforced bad weather break and then Sheffield utd upset our form but the actual facts show we weren't this team in freefall as gannon tried to make out.

The players deserved today off for me, they worked their socks off last night albeit there wasnt much that went our way. Alot has happened on the pitch the last few days which would knock the stuffing out of anyone! We need to take a step back a little and then get back to HARD work, not walking through tactics or watching DVD's but working hard on getting MATCH fit as i believe we are far from that currently, as for gaining mommentum that comes from winning games and gaining confidence... i.e that is going to take a number of games and training sessions, we have 9 games... all winnable! WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER... off the field I cant see a change before the end of the season but I feel that close season it HAS to give. This board cannot carry on close season promotion or not! We need to keep the pressure on them and let them know that promotion or not... they do not own OUR club! On the field the players need us and we need them!

rant over!

Guest Tony Dyche

I personally do not see us making it now. I think the board has ultimately undermined the whole campaign at every point where they have had to get involved. I could go on to list all of these events but what is the point? During the Gannon reign there indecisive approach has cost us the season, which was evident right up to the day he was sacked. Letting him take the last training session before an important home game before sacking him straight after it just about summed up the complete lack of leadership at the top of this club.

Port Vale will NEVER get out of League Two under the current board, regardless of who is the Manager.

Rico 'probably the best striker?'

At present, he is 7th in the top 20 leading goalscorers for this season in our Division.

Of that top 20, only 3 have scored less goals from open play than Marc, leaving 16 who have scored more from open play than he has. Having said that, I don't wish to discount the importance of the penalties that Rico has scored.

And we'd be right in the old s-h-one-t without him!

No we were unbeaten in November which included a 5-0 away win at Stockport and a very good performance and home win over Wycombe, which for me was the best game i have seen this season between 2 good sides. The enforced bad weather break and then Sheffield utd upset our form but the actual facts show we weren't this team in freefall as gannon tried to make out.

I dont know look at october, lose to Oxford away, draw with Hereford away (they had a man sent off in 26th minute) draw with Gillingham at home (they were on a terrible run) drew with Cheltenham away. If it wasnt for that month we could of cemented automatic places by now.

Archived