onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Milton Keynes v Port Vale

Fosse69

Here's an idea - it's the last home game of the season, so why not throw our season cards on the pitch at the end, to show NS how many won't be renewed unless he sells and goes?

Keep Britain Tidy - remember the tickets have your name on, he’ll send you a bill to clear the mess up. He only lives for money!

Advert

I have seen MK Dons play at Tranmere last weekend. Both teams played good football on a bumpy pitch. MK Dons must win to get in to the automatic slots. They also play in a stadium with a higher level quality pitch that suits good football. Queue Port Vale turning up with half heart players, too many immobile big dudes, a couple of lets give them a try players and we are going to need miracle man Brown in goal to keep the loss in single figures. I am wondering how many humiliations can be visited on Port Vale supporters in any one season.

I hope you’re not a betting man, Warren!😄

Seem to remember beating them 3-2 at home once too? Tuesday night, first time we played them after the name change and move when they were at the Hockey Stadium. I can't remember for the life of me who scored though.
I think Ian Armstrong scored a couple in that game if I remember correctly...

Colin Garlick's letter complaining about Vale getting wrong decisions against them has done a power of good because the last two away games have seen two of the worst penalty decisions I've ever seen given against Vale. First there was Howkins standing his ground at Exeter and today we get the bizarre dangerous play decision against Clark when only yesterday Richarlison scored whilst doing exactly the same thing. TBH today it woke a game up that had a preseason feel to it despite MK desperately needing the points. Vale more than matched the home team and thoroughly deserved their point. As well as scoring Conlan had a fine game but Brown's brilliant double save from the penalty was worth the entry money alone.

I have never understood why an over head kick/scissors kick is not called a foul when there are opposing players around in position to play the ball. More often than not an opposition player holds back from attacking the ball with his head when a opponent shapes for an overhead kick for fear of being decapitated.

I can't ever remember seeing a foul called in such a situation.

The section of the laws of the game entitled, "Interpretation of the Laws of the Game and Guidelines for Referees" says, "A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that, in the opinion of the referee, it is not dangerous to an opponent". If there is an opponent who is in playing distance and who attempts/wants/motions to play the ball with his head the over head kick should be called a foul.

Been to Stadium MK a few times now and always forget how much of a library it is. And their fans need counting lessons.... Brown's save from the rebound was even more impressive than the penalty save. I have to say in real time Clark's overhead kick did look dodgy, and to be fair to the ref he gave the other two similar incidents in the game so at least he was consistent. Thought Conlon and Joyce played well. Miller said he had a knock. Have to say that Elliot only has pace. He worked hard but that was about it. Not quite sure how MK are so high up in the league.

I have never understood why an over head kick/scissors kick is not called a foul when there are opposing players around in position to play the ball. More often than not an opposition player holds back from attacking the ball with his head when a opponent shapes for an overhead kick for fear of being decapitated.

I can't ever remember seeing a foul called in such a situation.

The section of the laws of the game entitled, "Interpretation of the Laws of the Game and Guidelines for Referees" says, "A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that, in the opinion of the referee, it is not dangerous to an opponent". If there is an opponent who is in playing distance and who attempts/wants/motions to play the ball with his head the over head kick should be called a foul.

Ronaldo,Messi and Bale always seem to get away with it?

well after Fridays performance I never expected that, but that's vale all over lol never a penalty in a million years but that's how bad officials are getting in the lower leagues, scott brown was unbelievable and we need to put him on a longer contract, conlons goal was a quality. 2 more games to go before we can put this season behind us and hopefully move on from the mistakes that have been made

Archived