Sign in to follow this  
Samwelo

Macc town fans exodus

Interesting thread here on the Macc town forum, a surprising number on the thread saying they are tempted to come and watch Vale next season, attracted obviously in part by Askey and a disdain for what is going on at their own club. If/when Norman sells we could be on the verge of something special with returning Vale fans too.

https://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown/mb/view.php?id=190488

Interesting thread here on the Macc town forum, a surprising number on the thread saying they are tempted to come and watch Vale next season, attracted obviously in part by Askey and a disdain for what is going on at their own club. If/when Norman sells we could be on the verge of something special with returning Vale fans too.

https://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown/mb/view.php?id=190488

Even if every Macc fan came over, they might bring enough to fill the Family stand.

That's a very cringe worthy read that thread.

Agree with Hobblesworth, it's just plain weird.

I'd be in total dismay if I heard vale fans talking like that. A fan of 50 years saying he might ditch his team and follow a manager who did well for them?

Ridiculous.

No disrespect to the Macclesfield fans but I'm not sure if I want them to come to see us. They need to be fighting their own scumbag of an owner and trying to save their club (as I'm sure the majority of them are doing) rather than coming down to Burslem. Ensuring that all clubs except for Stoke carry on despite the filth that buy them up has to be the priority even if it is at the expense of a few quid from disenfranchised fans.

It’s by no means a given we’ll have Askey next season.

Rumour as it that Notts are interested.Won't be able to compete with them wages wise?

It's hard to understand fans voting to go and support another club but I suppose if the owner is messing up your club like ours has been doing then a lot of folk will vote with their feet and say they are not coming until he's gone.

And it's better obviously to watch league football than non league fare.

I know some people who are still Vale fans at heart but have moved hundreds of miles away and adopted their local club as their second favourite team because they can't get to Burslem very often.

Rumour as it that Notts are interested.Won't be able to compete with them wages wise?

Where did you get that from? They don’t even know who will own them yet!

More about their love for Askey than wanting to see the Vale. Probably fair enough given what Askey achieved for Macc.

Although you’re right. Utterly bizarre thread.

Considering the financial issues they face and no takeover still complete, plus the fact they could be non league and the fact we MIGHT have new owners I wouldn't take that as a given yet.

Considering the financial issues they face and no takeover still complete, plus the fact they could be non league and the fact we MIGHT have new owners I wouldn't take that as a given yet.

Really they should be grateful to Sol Campbell who has worked a miracle to try to give them a fighting chance of staying up.

They must have the lowest playing budget in the football league and were dead and buried until Sol came in.

Crap owners come and go ( note Port Vale). But If they could manage to stay in the league they may persuade some one to take up the baton to try to build them up back again next season.

If macc supporters want to come along and give their money to the new owners of vale they are more than welcome to do so and bring as many friends as they can.

Is that because Smurthwaite is interested in Notts? He's been turning up at their games.

Is that because Smurthwaite is interested in Notts? He's been turning up at their games.

Don't know but make no mistake,money talks and Notts may shortly require somebody with non-league experience?

Don't know but make no mistake,money talks and Notts may shortly require somebody with non-league experience?

going to be interesting,

head says want notts to stay up heart macc--plenty to play for eitherway yeovil to hopefully go