onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Macc town fans exodus

Samwelo

Interesting thread here on the Macc town forum, a surprising number on the thread saying they are tempted to come and watch Vale next season, attracted obviously in part by Askey and a disdain for what is going on at their own club. If/when Norman sells we could be on the verge of something special with returning Vale fans too.

https://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown/mb/view.php?id=190488

Advert

Interesting thread here on the Macc town forum, a surprising number on the thread saying they are tempted to come and watch Vale next season, attracted obviously in part by Askey and a disdain for what is going on at their own club. If/when Norman sells we could be on the verge of something special with returning Vale fans too.

https://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown/mb/view.php?id=190488

Even if every Macc fan came over, they might bring enough to fill the Family stand.

That's a very cringe worthy read that thread.

Agree with Hobblesworth, it's just plain weird.

I'd be in total dismay if I heard vale fans talking like that. A fan of 50 years saying he might ditch his team and follow a manager who did well for them?

Ridiculous.

No disrespect to the Macclesfield fans but I'm not sure if I want them to come to see us. They need to be fighting their own scumbag of an owner and trying to save their club (as I'm sure the majority of them are doing) rather than coming down to Burslem. Ensuring that all clubs except for Stoke carry on despite the filth that buy them up has to be the priority even if it is at the expense of a few quid from disenfranchised fans.

It's hard to understand fans voting to go and support another club but I suppose if the owner is messing up your club like ours has been doing then a lot of folk will vote with their feet and say they are not coming until he's gone.

And it's better obviously to watch league football than non league fare.

I know some people who are still Vale fans at heart but have moved hundreds of miles away and adopted their local club as their second favourite team because they can't get to Burslem very often.

Considering the financial issues they face and no takeover still complete, plus the fact they could be non league and the fact we MIGHT have new owners I wouldn't take that as a given yet.

Really they should be grateful to Sol Campbell who has worked a miracle to try to give them a fighting chance of staying up.

They must have the lowest playing budget in the football league and were dead and buried until Sol came in.

Crap owners come and go ( note Port Vale). But If they could manage to stay in the league they may persuade some one to take up the baton to try to build them up back again next season.

Archived