onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Danny Elliot is no where near ready for league football. I can't believe he gets in ahead of Turner or Harris.

I can. He was our only decent player. Very bright performance from him! Turner don’t make me laugh nowhere near good enough.

Vale were crap today, typical as pope comes back into the starting 11 the football and pressing that we’ve been doing in recent weeks was none existent. Lost to a better but absolutely vile side. I’d prefer watch vale in non league that Stevenage playing like that.

Advert

Well I'll start the ball rolling then..... Please, please could we have a manager for next season and one who can see and pick players that are actually worthy of a shirt.

I'm sorry but Askey is not for me neither are many of those players that started today.

We may be safe now but my God we are awful. No defence, no midfield and no punch up front. sums our season up.

Apart from a few games when we actually tried to play on the grass and mix it up Askey's input is pick Pope up front on his own and see if we can nick something. Amazing!

Yes we all want a new owner but top of my list after that is start with a proper manager who can gives us fans some hope.

So who would you have picked today instead of the team on the pitch?

It was never a 4-1 game,we had two good chances to go 2-0 up and probably would have done with a lesser keeper.

Pope has one cleared off the line, the last 2 goals were due to us throwing everyone forward to try and get the equaliser. The only thing I would have possibly done different would havebeen Miller on at 2-1.

Conlon motm.

I don't think you can judge a manager when he hasn't had a chance to bring in his own players and rebuild a squad in his own image.

As far as I'm concerned I'm delighted that we've avoided the trap door and survived. And Askey has played his part in that great escape as I could not see where another win was coming from at the end of January.

He deserves an opportunity to build his own team in the summer and then we can start to fairly judge him, but it won't be easy.

We don't have a lot of players around whom we can rebuild the team. Brown and Pope. Maybe a fit Oyeleke and a reborn Worrall. But not many more. It is a huge task for anyone. The cupboard is bare.

Just let's thank our lucky stars tonight that we've survived.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-tom-pope-stevenage-2779865?fbclid=IwAR1ir6TruO-jnIg3F0xHmaKm05qNx0lIoDuOrYGB2wS7tkX0-T2ftgcst3I

Could not agree more, a horrible team who take liberties and are allowed to get away with the fake injury on 28 minutes in both halves.

Not surprised Artell went berserk with their manager when Crewe played them.

Really??? That doesn’t say much for the rest then. He contributed more than anyone else (Worrall the possible exception).

I think Monty scored our only goal, that was the most important contribution from our team. Conlon worked really hard in midfield and had a good chance or two.

I think Monty scored our only goal, that was the most important contribution from our team. Conlon worked really hard in midfield and had a good chance or two.

Monty had an absolute stinker, goal aside. A luxury player if ever there was one. I agree Conlon had a reasonable game. But Elliot has to start vs McDons, Pope benched in favour of Miller, Gibbons for Crookes and Howkins for Smith (who was dreadful).

I don't think you can judge a manager when he hasn't had a chance to bring in his own players and rebuild a squad in his own image.

As far as I'm concerned I'm delighted that we've avoided the trap door and survived. And Askey has played his part in that great escape as I could not see where another win was coming from at the end of January.

He deserves an opportunity to build his own team in the summer and then we can start to fairly judge him, but it won't be easy.

We don't have a lot of players around whom we can rebuild the team. Brown and Pope. Maybe a fit Oyeleke and a reborn Worrall. But not many more. It is a huge task for anyone. The cupboard is bare.

Just let's thank our lucky stars tonight that we've survived.

Yes great that we have somehow scraped together enough points to survive, but let's be honest we are sadly lacking, from the top down. Owner, manager and a good number of squad seriously are nowhere close to us being anywhere else but lower regions of division 2. A new owner is a must be we cannot expect whoever that may be will have the funds to lead us to a better life instantly, I realise that. To me Askey is a safe bet. He will keep us up but in no way to entertain fans. A recognised manager is a must and if that takes up a major slice of any funds I feel it would be well worth the cash. A steady, calculated build up of a squad over a couple of years then has to be our reality, allowing new owners to galvanise the fan base and increase income from local businesses.

Don't think score reflected on the way Vale played, we played well at times, some of the defending on our part was shocking, think we need to recruit a couple of big bullies for our squad next season, don't think we were so much as out played but out muscled. Most of the stats were in our favour apart from the goal tally. When this ownership issue is resolved we all need to pull together to make progress as a successful club on and of the field. We all have different opinions on how this can be achieved, build and achieve success together, keep believing keep the faith, up the Vale

Norman does appear to be holding on. Sale has gone a bit quiet too...

There are only x2 certainties at PVFC at the moment:

1) We will be playing league 2 football next season, in spite of Smurthwaite, largely due to John Askey, Dave Kevan and a highly motivated bunch of players accruing enough points since January to do so.

2) If Smurthwaite resides over Port Vale in any capacity next season then no more season tickets for my family. It is quiet, that could be good or bad tbh. I don't trust him, we only have next Saturday to affect the decision in any way, not that he (Smurthwaite) cares one jot?

Started well there goalie making saves from Worrall and Conlon then a poor pass from Joyce and that lad well he took it well but Smith just showed himinside and made zero effort puta challenge in .

Second half another very sloppy goal how a player has time turn and shoot with 6 players between the goaland Brown ,well thats lacking moral fibre .

Then a great goal for Vale and should have been another a minute after but Stevenage player threw himself at the ball something our defence didnt do all game as on beach or couldnt be bothered .

3rd goal unlucky didnt see the fourth but the fact Stevenage only got in our area 5 times in the match yet scored 4 times tells you all you need know .

They looked like they wanted it more asusual Vale ending the season in DISGRACE .

Judging by last 2 performances the sale of the club aint happening because if i was the Shanahans i wouldnt offer hardly any of those players a contract .

Abysmal in a word .

So we stayed up whoopi doo .

Hardly anything celebrate is it finishing below Crewe and many other sides as usual .

The clubs a laughing stock and the jokes on the players .

99 away fans Stevenage had there yet there proud players played there hearts out for there followers .

Ok they faked injury ,wasted time but there hunger wasso much greater than ours .

Askey Really a reaction to the Exeter defeat ,great reaction that .

Monty had an absolute stinker, goal aside. A luxury player if ever there was one. I agree Conlon had a reasonable game. But Elliot has to start vs McDons, Pope benched in favour of Miller, Gibbons for Crookes and Howkins for Smith (who was dreadful).

No he wasn't. But hey, lets get back to Smith and Pope bashing when things go wrong. Give me strength. Joyce had a stinker, Whitfield might as well not have been on the pitch, Crooks was very poor.

No one played well. Apart from maybe Conlon, Clark at a push and (inevitably) Brown. And Elliot when he came on.

Occam's razor, we are just not much use. Grubbing around the basement of L2 and escaping the drop by the skin of our teeth two seasons running, you could put Klopp in charge and we'd be in the same hole.

Not good enough players, club run on a shoestring by a vindictive owner who undermines everything at the club. That is the root of our problem.

Archived