onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale manager: the future of the club needs sorting out as soon as possible

News Feed

Port Vale manager John Askey says that future of the football club needs to be clarified as soon as possible. Port Vale was plunged into crisis when owner Norman Smurthwaite said the club would enter administration if a takeover deal was not agreed by the 5th May. Subsequently, local business Synectics Solutions have entered into […]

The post Port Vale manager: the future of the club needs sorting out as soon as possible appeared first on onevalefan.co.uk.

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Advert

Port Vale manager John Askey says that future of the football club needs to be clarified as soon as possible. Port Vale was plunged into crisis when owner Norman Smurthwaite said the club would enter administration if a takeover deal was not agreed by the 5th May. Subsequently, local business Synectics Solutions have entered into […]

The post Port Vale manager: the future of the club needs sorting out as soon as possible appeared first on onevalefan.co.uk.

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

It’s like Brexit Norman is like the EU hanging on to the last moment because he knows SS need a deal.

I think SS are the only player in the game but Norman enjoys his little games making him impossible to deal with.

Really SS should play hardball and threaten to walk away.

They can probably get the club cheaper if he calls in the administrators.

OK a points deduction next season will be hard but worth it if he goes.

It’s like Brexit Norman is like the EU hanging on to the last moment because he knows SS need a deal.

I think SS are the only player in the game but Norman enjoys his little games making him impossible to deal with.

Really SS should play hardball and threaten to walk away.

They can probably get the club cheaper if he calls in the administrators.

OK a points deduction next season will be hard but worth it if he goes.

I think Norman knows he needs to make a deal. He wouldn't get tuppence for the Vale in admin.

The problem with dealing with a person like Smurthwaite is that you can`t trust them one inch so have to check every detail of the deal with a fine tooth comb. Plenty of clubs have fell foul of unscrupulous owners by not doing full due diligence and it has cost them millions later.

Better in the long run a small delay now rather than paying for it for years.

Just hope everything is going well for the probable new owners and Gorman is not playing games and stringing them along. Sounds like everyone at Vale wants the new owners in sooner than later, so the club could be run properly.

As soon as they are in, then things can be sorted out with contracts and players either sold, given new contracts and new players brought in. Looking forward to that new period of Vale history.

We're all hoping for good news but, of course, it could fall through and then we've got some serious problems ahead.

Askey's future too needs addressing. I think he's earned a contract here and I'd be unhappy if he didn't get a longer appointment.

But it's all up in the air at present with an awful lot of water to go under the bridge yet.

We're all hoping for good news but, of course, it could fall through and then we've got some serious problems ahead.

Askey's future too needs addressing. I think he's earned a contract here and I'd be unhappy if he didn't get a longer appointment.

But it's all up in the air at present with an awful lot of water to go under the bridge yet.

Agreed, if this falls through it's my guess Smurthwaite will try and carry on single handed, if that happens the club will go into admin,I wont buy two season tickets if Smurthwaite is running the show and I would guess I wouldn't be the only one.

Smurthwaite will tailor the budget to suit the cloth and that budget will be poor he has said he wont fund the club so unless a deal is done it's very dark days as far as I'm concerned.

If (and it's a big if) he was at Macclesfield midweek I can't help thinking it's bad news. Going by the tone of his radio meltdown, he'd be happy to never see the club again but less than a month later he's clearly still involved enough to be at a game with significant staff members from the club.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

I think we are all getting edgy because, for once, the club are not breaking the promised silence. I hope that no news is good news as if there were problems I feel sure that one of the two parties would have broken the silence. So let us all be patient for a little longer. But wouldn't it make a really good Good Friday if we were to receive positive news on that day?

Archived