onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Joey Barton

Advert

Seen that as well. There was a tweet, since deleted, by a Barnsley player that Barton assaulted Barnsley manager Daniel Stendel and left him bleeding. Barnsley are now said to be helping South Yorkshire Police with their enquiries and Barton has been prevented by them from leaving Oakwell.

Career littered with incidents that he is fortunate have been dealt with via football world and not the long arm of the law.

A thoroughly despicable individual who will hopefully now get his just rewards legally and be cast aside from the game.

If he had not been a footballer no doubt somebody who would have spent time at Her Majesty's Pleasure

Career littered with incidents that he is fortunate have been dealt with via football world and not the long arm of the law.

A thoroughly despicable individual who will hopefully now get his just rewards legally and be cast aside from the game.

If he had not been a footballer no doubt somebody who would have spent time at Her Majesty's Pleasure

He can still manage the prison XI.

Barton is clearly a loose cannon. However, if people take the trouble to listen to him, he is actually quite an interesting personality.

He obviously shoots from the hip, but sometimes you have to look beyond the publically perceived persona. I find him an interesting character.

Obviously if this report is true, these actions are unacceptable for a person in his position. But, that doesn’t necessarily make him the ogre which seems to accompany his name.

No doubt my views will be one of very few, but sometimes if you give people a chance and don’t go with the crowd, you may be surprised at what you find.

RR each to their own, however I personally believe his actions are unacceptable for someone in any walk of life!

I’m sure Jamie Tandy, the apprentice he stubbed a cigar out on, Ousmane Dabo a team mate he knocked unconscious and left with a detached retina and had to be pulled off by Richard Dunne before inflicting more damage, the victim of his assault for which he received a prison sentence, and the 15 year old in Thailand he assaulted all believe he has already been given ‘a chance’.

No doubt there will be many other incidents that have not been made public, and that’s before you get onto his rush of blood incidents on the pitch which have been numerous.

He may well do interesting podcasts and interviews and be happy to give an outspoken opinion, but if that for you excuses his numerous misdemeanours over the years then we clearly have different standards.

Per my previous comments he has been very fortunate that most of the incidents have been dealt with within the football bubble, where 6 week fines are just a slap on the wrist given what they earn for the rest of the year / signing on / appearance / bonus / sponsorship monies, and if the law now finally catches up with him then all well and good.

If that makes me a sheep then I am more than happy to be one!

Barton is clearly a loose cannon. However, if people take the trouble to listen to him, he is actually quite an interesting personality.

He obviously shoots from the hip, but sometimes you have to look beyond the publically perceived persona. I find him an interesting character.

Obviously if this report is true, these actions are unacceptable for a person in his position. But, that doesn’t necessarily make him the ogre which seems to accompany his name.

No doubt my views will be one of very few, but sometimes if you give people a chance and don’t go with the crowd, you may be surprised at what you find.

He has previously served time for a violent offence. He is an ogre with a violent criminal past. The extent of the Barnsley manager's injuries are substantial. I expect charges to be raised soon. If Barton is guilty he should be looking at a long sentence. He should be banned from the game for life as a significant safeguarding risk. Barton can be described using many words, none of those words are interesting. I never go with the crowd, I roundly condemn a perpetrator who causes such injuries. Would any parent in their right mind allow their kids anywhere near a football club that employed someone capable of such an act?

Michael Peterson is an interesting character.... perhaps people know him better as Charles Bronson....

Brought up in a violent household and background. Needs punishing if guilty, but proportionality is appropriate because 'the for for life' route pushes people further outside expected standards and towards the edge of life.

He would seem to be a repeat offender. If guilty this is an offence committed whilst on duty as manager of a club. Such actions mean he would always be a risk to others. A life ban would not be about punishing him but about protecting innocent people from the risk of violence. He is now a mature man with a privileged background he should not be protected because he had a tough childhood. He is the architect of his own downfall. I again ask would any parent want him near their kids at a club?

I think we've seen him play at the Vale for City and from memory he was the best player on the park.

From what I know of his career he does come across as a nasty piece of work with a very short fuse. He's been in quite serious trouble a number of times [as Bald Eagle mentions] but doesn't seem to learn from his dreadful mistakes.

That said, and I'm certainly not defending him [far from it], when interviewed and in his book he does sometimes talk in an intelligent and thoughtful manner.

I guess it's hard for leopards to change their spots. I don't know what went on after Saturday's game but if it was a serious assault then he'll no doubt be banned from football management, possibly get a prison sentence, and yet again throw away the third or fourth opportunity given to him.

He's a fool.

Archived