Sign in to follow this  
Paul6754

US Masters 2019

Superb action for the first two days and a great leader board, it's looking like a very exciting weekend.

Can't see past Koepka myself, he has everything power, touch and finesse.

The new camera angles really show the undulations on the course.

Agreed.

Great to see the Tiger in sparkling form.

Maybe today might clarify it a wee bit.

Too hard to call.

I'm supporting Europe! And America's favourite golfer, Ian Poulter. Molinari is in with a big shout too.

"Oh my goodness" as Verne Lundquvist would say, superb day of golf. Well done Tiger, incredible play, incredible nerves, incredible comeback, one of the most amazing stories in golf.

I am glad you said "one of the most amazing stories in golf" to put it in perspective. Nothing against Tiger and pleased that he has won again but all the hype about greatest sporting comeback ever is a bit much. Does it compare to Nicki Lauda who won a world championship after that horrendous crash at the Nurburgring? Or Barry Sheene riding again after his Daytona crash? What about James Cracknell, winning the boat race at 46?

It's like the thread on the greatest sportsman or greatest footballer isn't it?

Impossible to compare and contrast across different sports and different eras.

You could make a good case, for example, to say that Woods is the greatest ever golfer because he's won his majors in a more competitive era but it's a pointless debate that goes round in circles.

That said, after all he's been through, it is a remarkable achievement and even made the news headlines never mind the back pages.