onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our last 2 games of this season.!

ollyandpatch

Advert

Very sad times for some long established football clubs. As I stated earlier in this thread we all need to put rivalry’s aside and stick together. We all have football in common and therefore should be trying to help each other. Similar to the request that ourselves made to Notts County fans, with reference to them boycotting the refreshment facilities at VP.

It’s been really good to read posts placed on here to show how poorly clubs are run by their owners. I concur with other reviews on here there’ll be other clubs next season.

Perhaps next season we should be looking to get the few individuals behaving themselves, so that any money saved can be put into the playing staff.

I’ve been told but I don’t know how true, even though it’s from a reliable source, that Salford FC have three players earning £200k plus a year, but they lose £32k a month. How will that fit into the FFP. There business plan was to get into the Championship within ten years of being taken over. Promotion this season will be their fourth promotion

The only thing the EFL is doing right now, as more and more clubs get in deep trouble because of their owners, is undermining their reason to excist!

The silence is absolutely deafening, as they know they are to blame for this mess.

They themselves introduced the ‘fit and proper’ test, to avoid exactly these type of situations. But it’s proven almost daily at the moment, that their test isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

My cat could pass the test, with flying colors!

Things have got to change, from the top down, starting with EFL taking a long hard look at themselves and the way they handle their affairs.

God knows the directors there earn enough. But the clubs aren’t getting f... all for their money!

The EFL is there to help and protect the clubs, at all times acting in the clubs best interests.

But it is more than obvious, that they aren’t up to the task! Therefor the EFL should do the right thing, and reform itself, to be more capable of protecting the clubs from these crooks. Putting rules in place to protect the clubs, not benefit the owners!

Because the way thing are going this season, is only the tip of the iceberg and next year, we’ll see another shower of clubs, getting in exactly the same sort of trouble. All while the EFL sit on their hands and say nothing.

As a lifelong serious critic of the football authorities, I would say your criticisms of the EFL are more than justified.

They must have been reading this thread though because they have just announced that they are putting in a place a strategic framework which will look specifically at how EFL members are represented, how decisions are made and how rules are created and upheld across the League. When it's drawn up, they are going to use it to consult and engage all Clubs and the League’s key stakeholders with a view to amending and, where necessary, updating the constitution.

Whether it will lead to any real change though is anyone's guess but it's going to be a golden opportunity to tell them in no uncertain terms what we think needs to be put right. I'd start with asking them to ensure that any new constitution enables the EFL to act on and report on supporters' concerns such as the following:

* No separation of ground and club ownership;

* More stringent "fit and proper" persons test;

* Pressure to be put on the FA to make referees' performance more accountable, particularly where decisions clearly have a material effect on EFL relegation and promotion issues.

What we don't need is a new constitution that excludes the possibility of looking into concerns of this nature.

As for the process, I'd seriously suggest that Football Supporters' bodies at every club, and not just the owners, are widely consulted so that the EFL hear direct from the grass roots the concerns of the people who are the lifeblood of the game. To be credible, the review needs to be open and transparent and to report progress on a regular basis, properly planned with specific milestones that have to be met.

Perhaps Mark and colleagues in our own Supporters' Trust would like to write to the EFL for details of the review and how it is going to be conducted.

Just a suggestion but a serious one!

PS here's the link to the EFL review: https://www.efl.com/news/2019/march/efl-reviews-governance-as-search-for-new-ceo-begins/

As I’ve said before @Keironmaguire PriceofFotball on Twitter is well worth a follow. He’s an expert on football finance. From what he’s published thus far it seems that most clubs have their grounds separate from the football side.

Some of our competitors have massive debts including Cambridge who are £5 million in the red.

At this rate the whole of 5he EFL could collapse

As I’ve said before @Keironmaguire PriceofFotball on Twitter is well worth a follow. He’s an expert on football finance. From what he’s published thus far it seems that most clubs have their grounds separate from the football side.

Some of our competitors have massive debts including Cambridge who are £5 million in the red.

At this rate the whole of 5he EFL could collapse

What I don’t get, is how clubs that are in that much debt, are still allowed to sign players and pay fees. It’s sick and it’s like ******* your pants. The bigger the debt gets, the less possibility the club has to pay it back.

We all have football in common and therefore should be trying to help each other. Similar to the request that ourselves made to Notts County fans, with reference to them boycotting the refreshment facilities at VP.

And what did we get from Crewe fans last Saturday? 'There's only one Norman Smurthwaite'. Classy.

Heatwave, that’s the attitude of the minority of football followers. Times are changing and I feel it’s time for Port Vale to start rising above this but it won’t happen overnight as it’s been part of the culture for so long. Crewe obviously have nothing positive to shout about for their own team, so resort to such chants, that are both unhelpful and unnecessary.

If things progress at PVFC as we’ve seen over the last two months and of what’s going on behind the scenes as reported by the media, then I see the last few years of hurt being behind us.

COYW

What I don’t get, is how clubs that are in that much debt, are still allowed to sign players and pay fees. It’s sick and it’s like ******* your pants. The bigger the debt gets, the less possibility the club has to pay it back.

Bury and Bolton are typical examples of that.

It beggars belief that nobody can see that it will always ends in tears.

Fans on here were predicting this years ago and is another perfect example of why you should live within your means.

Bury and Bolton are typical examples of that.

It beggars belief that nobody can see that it will always ends in tears.

Fans on here were predicting this years ago and is another perfect example of why you should live within your means.

Exactly!

I read on the twitter account linked above, that Colchester are operating with a debt of 22 million :shutup: How can that not fall under FFP?

That's also why, I'm a little bit weary of just supporting all clubs, that ends up in trouble.

Because the fans MUST know, as they can see the financial reports, that their club is living well above its means.

And if you just keep on living in lala land, and mock other teams and their fans, because your club is having succes under false pretenses, I'm sorry but you're not getting my sympathy, when the inevitable happens and the card house falls down.

We have a saying here in Denmark: "be nice to people on the way up, because you'll meet them again on the way down".

And let me finish with another saying:

"If something seems to good to be true, it's because it is!"

Archived