onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our last 2 games of this season.!

ollyandpatch

So it appears we can all start to breath a bit easier and not only look forward to the next season but also help to shape it on two fronts. Last home game against Macclesfield has always looked like a massive game for the silkmen but our last game on May Bank Holiday Saturday against Bury is now becoming just as big. A month ago it looked like we would be gate crashing a party but they are now 4th and chances are they could need to beat us to be promoted. Lets travel in numbers and if Smurf has gone by then. LET'S PARTY.!!

Advert

So it appears we can all start to breath a bit easier and not only look forward to the next season but also help to shape it on two fronts. Last home game against Macclesfield has always looked like a massive game for the silkmen but our last game on May Bank Holiday Saturday against Bury is now becoming just as big. A month ago it looked like we would be gate crashing a party but they are now 4th and chances are they could need to beat us to be promoted. Lets travel in numbers and if Smurf has gone by then. LET'S PARTY.!!

And help my Tranmere mates. Curry night this week with some of them.

I would say the complete opposite until we have new owners, any money going through the door goes to the fat one's pockets. I would boycott every game until we have new owners.

I think that the away team don’t get any money from the match and all the gates receipts are kept by the home side. I personally think that Bury are the best team I’ve seern this season at Vale and had it not been for their wasted chances they would have inflicted a heavy home defeat, on us.

The Shakers currently need all the money they can get as they are deep financial hardship. They have collections on a regular basis and their nickname is now The bucket Shakers.

Hopefully we’ve come through the tough times and if Carol and Kevin take over, the future seems bright. I say let’s help swell Burys coffers, we don’t want them going out of business

Posted Thursday at 15:09

As you may have seen, I have tried to remain positive and called out other rumours, but I can now say with 99% certainty that the club we know and love is dead in the water.

Steve Dale's business is asset stripping failing business; the latest in the long line of failing businesses being Bury FC.

He's transferred ownership of the ground into a limited company which only he and his son are directors off and has now walked - there will be no more money put in from his pocket - if, indeed, there ever was, hence the players knowing they most likely won't be paid again.

We need to support the lads now following their decision to continue playing under these circumstances because many wouldn't. We might not see the season out, but if we do, hopefully we can still be promoted because these lads deserve it for their own CV's. It will make no difference to us a club, but they've been fantastic to watch this season - what a tragic way for it to end.

Posted Thursday at 15:09

As you may have seen, I have tried to remain positive and called out other rumours, but I can now say with 99% certainty that the club we know and love is dead in the water.

Steve Dale's business is asset stripping failing business; the latest in the long line of failing businesses being Bury FC.

He's transferred ownership of the ground into a limited company which only he and his son are directors off and has now walked - there will be no more money put in from his pocket - if, indeed, there ever was, hence the players knowing they most likely won't be paid again.

We need to support the lads now following their decision to continue playing under these circumstances because many wouldn't. We might not see the season out, but if we do, hopefully we can still be promoted because these lads deserve it for their own CV's. It will make no difference to us a club, but they've been fantastic to watch this season - what a tragic way for it to end.

The football league have alot to answer for. Do they not do proper checks on these crooks?

The football league have alot to answer for. Do they not do proper checks on these crooks?

I had a query Re.points deduction in the event of going in admin when we were solvent the final paragraph sums them up.

We would advise you direct any specific queries or complaints to your club to seek their observations.

:banghead:

I think you’ll find Oxford United are in a similar position. I heard Simon Jordan ( love him or hate him) on the radio last week. Financial Fair Play is conducted over three seasons. Jordan suggested it should be over the previous 12 months. Seems like a sensible suggestion, but the powers that be make the decisions. Then there’s Coventry and Bolton Wanderers. What has become of the beautiful game that we’ve loved and followed over the years. Today’s younger fans won’t care or even know about our clubs because it’s fashionable to support a top six Premier club, who they’ll never go to see play

What has caused all this is greed, money, the chance to make a few quid and exit stage left with the profit.

I know it's entirely different but look at what Ashley is doing at the Toon.

These asset strippers and money making sharks exist everywhere now in football and don't understand - and never have done - what it means to be a fan of your local club, the emotional pull, the fact that your father and grandfather stood on the terraces 70-100 years ago and it's part of your DNA.

That matters not one jot because as our owner said, "I know nothing about football."

In the old days - 50s and 60s and a bit beyond - clubs were run by local businessmen, part of their communities, people who you knew and saw and respected. Now, unless you are lucky, more and more outsiders muscle in trying to exploit clubs and make a killing.

We could make a very long list couldn't we? As a Bury fan I'm sure you know about the likes of Stockport & Wrexham, Torquay and Scarborough, Darlington & Hereford. On and on and on. But nothing seems to get done about it.

Good luck mate.

Ollyandpatch, The Sage. You’ve both made two very good points. By the way I’m a Vake fan and have been since the mid 70’s. I thought I’d highlight this ever growing problem. Well done to all who’ve been involved in organising our protests and those who’ve taken part.

As football fans we need to put rivalries aside and advise each other. Similar to Blackpool we should now be mentors for other clubs. We might would only be able to advise them as their circumstances will different The common thread,is those who go to football matches at these levels love football and love their clubs. They’re not glory hunters but the backbone of football.

Once again, and a very very serious issue:

The efl MUST, and I can’t underline it enough, MUST change their rules, so the ground can’t be seperated from the club!

Owners do it for one reason and one reason alone, and it’s absolutely disgusting![/quote

It does make good business sense for taxation purposes. Crewe’s ground is owned by a separate company.

It also makes sense if HMRC or others issue a winding up order as you protect the ground from being sold off.

The issue is the constitution of the second company and who should own that company?

Archived