onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Macclesfield are skint

JohnJames

How the frig did that happen? The Keepmoat?

Just rechecked got my wires crossed Doncaster are £31 million in debt it’s Brentford who are £71m in debt.

No wonder we can’t compete!

Yeovil made 86k but spent 1k on signing players

Advert

One of the many things I hate about modern football is the fact that the FA who are supposedly run to help all football clubs, run a league where teams make £100m profit while just a couple of divisions down there are clubs that cannot muster the money to even pay their employees. Something's wrong somewhere.

Remember hearing at the time that Bury had the likes of Popey playing for them on an alleged £5k per week that their Chairman had gone for a sh*t or bust plan to get them in the Championship. If memory serves me right he had borrowed Wonga loan style on a gamble to get promoted and rumour was they were doomed if it failed. That was a couple of seasons ago and when promotion didn't happen and nothing adverse happened just assumed it was all a rumour. Obviously its caught up with them. Chatting to a mate this morning who said he had heard a rumour their Chairman had gone AWOL.

Bury have had a number of financial issues and seem to keep doing the same thing once sorted. Recall going back as for as 2001 they had issues and the joke is the are called the shakers because they've always got the buckets out!

They need someone to come in and just run them without splashing big wages on 3000-4000 crowds.

Macclesfield in our league seem a mess and you are seeing a few clubs spending big such as Mansfield, Notts County (who need buying) and Lincoln for example. Its crazy to have large wages at this level.

Yes, it is an odd world where some lower league clubs are going under financially, and it was announced today that the 20 clubs in the Premiership spent £260 million on agents fees alone in 2018 - 19. I know we can be hard nosed and say a club is just another business that has to pay its way, but if a means could be found of taking some of the Premiership revenue and siphoning it down to the lower levels of the pyramid, it would help keep the present 92 club structure. Just a fraction of the agents fees expenses would keep league 2 clubs afloat, allowing academies and youth set ups to be maintained to keep a steady stream of players coming through. Otherwise, the 3 lions patriotism whipped up for international games has a hollow ring to it. A lot of those St George's flags at England games are emblazened with the names of lower league clubs, but the FA does not seem to care much for them. If the Premier League and FA put their heads together, they could come up with a more financially sustainable way of running the game for the good of all, not just the monied and bankrolled elite.

Yes, it is an odd world where some lower league clubs are going under financially, and it was announced today that the 20 clubs in the Premiership spent £260 million on agents fees alone in 2018 - 19. I know we can be hard nosed and say a club is just another business that has to pay its way, but if a means could be found of taking some of the Premiership revenue and siphoning it down to the lower levels of the pyramid, it would help keep the present 92 club structure. Just a fraction of the agents fees expenses would keep league 2 clubs afloat, allowing academies and youth set ups to be maintained to keep a steady stream of players coming through. Otherwise, the 3 lions patriotism whipped up for international games has a hollow ring to it. A lot of those St George's flags at England games are emblazened with the names of lower league clubs, but the FA does not seem to care much for them. If the Premier League and FA put their heads together, they could come up with a more financially sustainable way of running the game for the good of all, not just the monied and bankrolled elite.

Issue would be if the lower league clubs got more money from the Premier League for example they’d simply be higher spend, players would demand more wages and clubs would still over spend. It’s a vicious circle unfortunately.

Issue would be if the lower league clubs got more money from the Premier League for example they’d simply be higher spend, players would demand more wages and clubs would still over spend. It’s a vicious circle unfortunately.

It would need to be properly organised, to some extent money does drip down through various grants from the FL and TV money. It would be a matter of allocating money to academies/youth/apprentice training etc to maintain a better standard, maybe giving access to the higher level academies on a casual basis. As for the first team squad a living wage level could be established so that players could be retained instead of being syphoned off to higher level clubs and sit on benches. The amount of wage subsidy would need to be related to the clubs income, as would be the size of the squads. No system will be perfect, but the structure is wrong and surely in need of change.

Here’s an interesting one

Fleetwood Town accounts submitted. Bit confusing as club combines player sales to regular revenue. Revenue up 20% but includes player sales. Losses of £90,000 a week in League One before huge inter group loan write off of £4.8 million #

Bury Chairman last night............................. Firstly, I would like to highlight how our dedicated players, staff, and directors have all rallied round to support our club to ensure its future. Fans, followers and the community, can rest assured that Bury Football Club is here to stay.

Unfortunately, though, I can confirm that there is some element of truth in the circulating information relating to the club’s financial affairs. Due to a number of unforeseen issues, the financial position of the club is significantly worse than what was discovered during our due diligence process prior to the acquisition. The full extent of the problems inherited from the previous ownership of the club have become apparent over time, and this has undoubtedly led to our current difficulties. It is certainly a testing time, but we can overcome it. We will overcome it.

To address some of the gossip pertaining to my own position, I can assure you that this remains the same as it has been from day one. On the pitch, I have always been clear that I can add nothing; from that perspective, the club is in the highly capable hands of our Sporting Director, our Manager, and the players. We’re currently sat third in the league, and so I consider them to be doing their jobs extremely effectively. If in any given week the team loses a bit of form, showing them support and enthusiasm will help them rise to the occasion, as they have so many times before. The distain that has been shown in light of recent results, however, is not only disappointing in the extreme, it’s disheartening to a team who have performed exceptionally all season. Fair weather fans are not true fans.

On the financial side, I made a commitment to get the club on an even keel, at which point my job would be done and a new, younger custodian could take over. That is still my aim, and what I’m working towards, although this process is slower than I would have liked due to the new issues that have arisen. Whilst many in my position would have walked away having unearthed the true position of the club (as some of my advisors have urged me to do), that’s simply not my style. But nor am I a never ending ATM machine. Fiscal prudence and fans through the turnstiles are what will ultimately safeguard the future of our club. The former of which we’re working on, and the latter of which we need your help with. The continuity of any club is only viable by the support and attendances of its followers. Supporters are the blood we need through our veins, so bring as many family and friends as you can, get behind the team and have a great day. This will serve as a valuable contribution to securing the future of our club in the immediate term, as well as for future generations.

Bury Chairman last night............................. Firstly, I would like to highlight how our dedicated players, staff, and directors have all rallied round to support our club to ensure its future. Fans, followers and the community, can rest assured that Bury Football Club is here to stay.

Unfortunately, though, I can confirm that there is some element of truth in the circulating information relating to the club’s financial affairs. Due to a number of unforeseen issues, the financial position of the club is significantly worse than what was discovered during our due diligence process prior to the acquisition. The full extent of the problems inherited from the previous ownership of the club have become apparent over time, and this has undoubtedly led to our current difficulties. It is certainly a testing time, but we can overcome it. We will overcome it.

To address some of the gossip pertaining to my own position, I can assure you that this remains the same as it has been from day one. On the pitch, I have always been clear that I can add nothing; from that perspective, the club is in the highly capable hands of our Sporting Director, our Manager, and the players. We’re currently sat third in the league, and so I consider them to be doing their jobs extremely effectively. If in any given week the team loses a bit of form, showing them support and enthusiasm will help them rise to the occasion, as they have so many times before. The distain that has been shown in light of recent results, however, is not only disappointing in the extreme, it’s disheartening to a team who have performed exceptionally all season. Fair weather fans are not true fans.

On the financial side, I made a commitment to get the club on an even keel, at which point my job would be done and a new, younger custodian could take over. That is still my aim, and what I’m working towards, although this process is slower than I would have liked due to the new issues that have arisen. Whilst many in my position would have walked away having unearthed the true position of the club (as some of my advisors have urged me to do), that’s simply not my style. But nor am I a never ending ATM machine. Fiscal prudence and fans through the turnstiles are what will ultimately safeguard the future of our club. The former of which we’re working on, and the latter of which we need your help with. The continuity of any club is only viable by the support and attendances of its followers. Supporters are the blood we need through our veins, so bring as many family and friends as you can, get behind the team and have a great day. This will serve as a valuable contribution to securing the future of our club in the immediate term, as well as for future generations.

Interesting.

We can but hope that Carol and her advisers delve totally into Vale's accounts to reveal everything before completing a deal. None of us want her to have to face the same challenges as Bury and others.

I wish her well so we can rise as a new Club without any skeletons in the closet.

Interesting.

We can but hope that Carol and her advisers delve totally into Vale's accounts to reveal everything before completing a deal. None of us want her to have to face the same challenges as Bury and others.

I wish her well so we can rise as a new Club without any skeletons in the closet.

That’s why Smurthwaite charges 100k to look at the books because he can make more money when they decide it’s not worth buying.

One of the many things I hate about modern football is the fact that the FA who are supposedly run to help all football clubs, run a league where teams make £100m profit while just a couple of divisions down there are clubs that cannot muster the money to even pay their employees. Something's wrong somewhere.

To be a tenable Championship club we need to be able to fill Vale Park every week. And we won't. So we are not going above League 1 on paper. Of course we play on grass, so we can hope.

Archived