onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Expiring Contracts

Emile

Can’t agree with some of that MBE.Manny is the best player at the club.Injuries have held him back this season.Hannant has the most assists of any player at the club.
Agree need to keep whats good, potential good ,,,lose others that cant contribute cant reach the required level..

Then add where budget allows quality for players that are first 11/13 players where needed usually at least 2.

Might be a case of doing the best we can next year especially if new owners are in place as they will have a lot to put right in a short space of time.

Defo keep

Manny

Hannant

Legge

Need to lose

Kay

Pugh

Tongue

Plus others who wont cut it

Advert

Keep:

David Worrall

Leon Legge (looks like he's got at least another year in him performing better than anyone who is likely to be available in the summer)

Nathan Smith

Cristian Montano

Emmanuel Oyeleke

Tom Conlon

Sam Hornby

James Gibbons

Luke Hannant

Sign if possible:

Mitchell Clark (with Gibbons here I wouldn't break the bank but he looks a decent player)

Adam Crookes (has done a solid job at left back and can cover centre half)

Kyle Howkins (looked good last year and did well last week on his return)

Release:

Antony Kay (not really sure what he adds as a defensive midfielder. Was signed as a CB and quickly realised he wasn't up to that. Even the 'experience' argument doesn't add up, he just seems to bark at the younger players and force a mistake out of them)

Michael Tonge

Danny Pugh

Dan Turner

Theo Vassell

Danny Elliott

Dior Angus (not sure what he can do but seems to be sent away by every manager, maybe another Campion)

Connell Rawlinson (solid enough but always looked like he had a mistake in him)

I think we need to stop trying to win the Central Reserves League. 18 good players then youth/development players.We need to get more youth players in our reserve team to create a better pathway to bring the next Gibbons through into the 1st team.

Renew

Worrall

Smith

Hornsby

Conlon

Gibbons

Monty

Never seen Angus or Elliot play so can't make a judgement on those two.

Loan players would love Crookes & Howkins if they are available think have very good potential. Mitch Clarke has done well but not much difference between him and Gibbons so why not develop our own?

A couple of controversial points of view with the squad to release ......

Release

Legge - he's not value for money.Head on a stick can't run.Would be worried about his longevity of another season.

Manny - unless he's cheap as back-up. Think there would be much better options than him in the transfer market for the position he plays within Askey's system.

Hannant - runs around like a headless chicken lacks the decision making, first touch and passing ability to make a real difference at this level.

Would leave plenty of room to reshape the squad.

Is it a coincidence that the team has been playing better since Manny has been back from injury.He is the only midfielder who can put a foot on the ball and available to receive the ball when required.

If he continues to improve he will be far too good for Div2 and probably one of the few players we could get decent money for if his fitness and injuries improve.

Same with Hannant gives 100 per cent every game and if he improves could be another Robbie Earle both top of my list to resign.

Is it a coincidence that the team has been playing better since Manny has been back from injury.He is the only midfielder who can put a foot on the ball and available to receive the ball when required.

If he continues to improve he will be far too good for Div2 and probably one of the few players we could get decent money for if his fitness and injuries improve.

Same with Hannant gives 100 per cent every game and if he improves could be another Robbie Earle both top of my list to resign.

All season when Oyeleke has been fit we've looked a decent side. The only question is has he had a bad season with injuries or is he very injury prone.

Who would you keep?

Antony Kay

Michael Tonge

David Worrall

Danny Pugh

Leon Legge

Nathan Smith

Cristian Montano

Emmanuel Oyeleke

Tom Conlon

Dan Turner

Connell Rawlinson

Theo Vassell

Sam Hornby

Mitchell Clark Mitchell Clark (contract expiring at parent club)

Adam Crookes (Contract expiring at parent club)

James Gibbons

Luke Hannant

Danny Elliott

Dior Angus

Kyle Howkins (Contract expiring at parent club)

*List from Transfer market so not 100% accurate

David Worrall

Nathan Smith

Emmanuel Oyeleke

Sam Hornby

James Gibbons

Luke Hannant

Kyle Howkins (Contract expiring at parent club)

I think we need to stop trying to win the Central Reserves League. 18 good players then youth/development players.We need to get more youth players in our reserve team to create a better pathway to bring the next Gibbons through into the 1st team.

Renew

Conlon

Release

Manny - unless he's cheap as back-up. Think there would be much better options than him in the transfer market for the position he plays within Askey's system.

Don't necessarily disagree with the others and I know it's all about opinions, but Conlon over Oyeleke?

I don't really get this thread.

All season, I've been reading nothing but how crap the players are, how much they are stealing a wage, how much they shouldn't even be footballers, how much someones granddad could do better than what's on display.

And yet, most posts in this thread, argues to keep between 80 and 90% of the current squad?

I'll leave it to (hopefully) Askey, to put a strong squad together.

I just find peoples self contradictory posts, both baffling and funny to read.

All season, I've been reading nothing but how crap the players are, how much they are stealing a wage, how much they shouldn't even be footballers, how much someones granddad could do better than what's on display.

And yet, most posts in this thread, argues to keep between 80 and 90% of the current squad?

Wasn't that just REP's 300 posts a day in his desperate desire to shift the blame away from Smurthwaite?

Our first choice 11, something like played Sat, are a mid table L2 team. So build from there. The rest, Gibbons and Whitfield excluded, are dead wood.

Legge gets a good press but to be honest, particularly if he's on a big wedge, I'd get rid. Head on a stick and based on the last few performances not a good head on a stick. Smudge and Howkins at CB gives me more confidence.

Angus (yes I have seen him play) looked useful. But we have pissed him around so much he must be off.

Hannant and Conlon are sort of okay, but I don't like seeing both together in the team. Makes us very lightweight. And Conlon is sooooo one footed. Hannant looks like he'd be better central but whenever he plays there he's been terrible.

Joyce has been much better recently. A midfield of Hannant Joyce Manny plus A N other/a motivated Worrall would be decent.

Monty is Monty. Keep as supersub.

Worrall is on a decent run of forum currently but on the whole he's been a mixed bag since Brown signed him.

There will be one or two players who, I'm not saying release them, but I'm not sure they will be able to get away with the same money next year that they've been on.

Archived