onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Crewe Alexandra

Fosse69

Any news on Oyeleke's injury? Could that be the last we see of him this season?.....maybe permanently, if he moves on this Summer.

If the reports of another year-option on his contract is on the club's part, then we must take it up and tie him down for another season.

Similarly, we should do our utmost to get Worrall to sign another contract.

Advert

Loved the taunting rendition by the shunter numpties, " there's only 1 Norman Smurthwaite. " That's all the enjoyment they had today. It ought to have been 4 or 5 but I'll settle for the win. Pass me my drink, I'll just say cheers fellow Valiants, here's to a renewed hope for our future.

What’s Fartell said this time?

If any of the players think this is a big game in that sense – don’t take it out of context and I’m not trying to diminish the thing, because ultimately it is a big game, full stop, but there’s levels within that. If people think this is a big game, as a player you want to be playing in front of 40,000 every week, and this is a quiet game, if you like, and that’s where you want to get to. That can’t be an excuse. Yeah it’s a local derby and all that, but it’s quite a friendly atmosphere isn’t it?

Bet you are glad you asked now ! Are you any the wiser ?

If any of the players think this is a big game in that sense – don’t take it out of context and I’m not trying to diminish the thing, because ultimately it is a big game, full stop, but there’s levels within that. If people think this is a big game, as a player you want to be playing in front of 40,000 every week, and this is a quiet game, if you like, and that’s where you want to get to. That can’t be an excuse. Yeah it’s a local derby and all that, but it’s quite a friendly atmosphere isn’t it?

Bet you are glad you asked now ! Are you any the wiser ?

Embarrassing really. It was cringeworthy listening even from a Vale point of view, so Christ knows what a;y sensible Crewe fan must have thought. There’s always next year David. But then again, it’s not a big game, is it??

Another great week. Askey is a legend in the making. To turn around this squad, which was one of the worst I have ever seen, to a good side in about 10 weeks is one of the finest achievements I have ever seen at the club.

I hope this squad can stay together. I hope Smurfwaite cuts out the nonsense before leaving. If we can get stability under Askey this is a league 1 team in the making.

Howkins too.

When fully 100% fit he's an excellent player.

Indeed. He's a beast! He wins the ball/possession through his sheer physical presence and size, bullying and muscling ahead of opponents. A very effective defender!

Another must-sign-up for next season if we've got ambitions of challenging at the top end of this league.

Excellent performance, excellent atmosphere, sun was shining and hopes are in the air. Hard to believe from the dark days in the Winter. Pity it was not 4 or 5, could so easily have been but 1 goal brought 3 precious points.

Well that was bloody excellent.

If the score had finished 4-0 they couldn’t have complained. Almost total domination with some excellent football played to boot.

Hard to pick a MOTM as there were so many great performances. What is most pleasing is the partnerships that seem to be building, specifically Worrel and Clarke. It really does help the overall team performance, a lot more so than individual brilliance. I hope Worrell doesn’t have to take a drugs test as he must be on something. He has been incredible of late. So pleased for him.

Smith has returned to the form that we thought he could reach when he was first promoted to the team. Slightly concerning that out of the back 4 only 1 is actually our player.

Fantastic finish by Pope. Can’t believe anyone ever doubted his importance to our side. A real life living legend and we’re so lucky to have him.

Special praise to Askey. I think I was one of the few that wasn’t down on his appointment, commenting this we should look more at what he did with Macc than with shrews for a guide on how he’ll do for us. That said, never in my wildest dreams did I think he’d have the Impact he has. I really hope we can secure him to a long contract. He could build a dynasty.

What a fantastic day. Well worth only having 4 hours kip in between 12 hour night shifts!

Archived