onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Crewe Alexandra

Fosse69

Be brave and play Miller and Pope from the start with Worrall and Hannant running from midfield.

Why play one up front again at home.

Once again...it really doesn't matter what formation is played, it's how it is played that matters. We have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1 of our last 5 matches by playing 4-3-3. Given that points return it would be madness to change from that for this match.

Advert

Anticipation building of the sore loser Fartell creating bizarre excuses in his post match interview after we give them a pasting.

I've said more than a few times, that I don't know what these tosser managers are trying to do in these post match interviews. Talking absolute nonsense, like they've been sleeping the whole match, and dreamt all they say...

So so so many times, have I listened to these over-over-overly biased managers, saying their team's been robbed, listing 20 situations, apparently game changers, all going against their team, nobody else but they saw. I they are biased before the game, a maybe not give a 100 pct accurate account of the match, but they should aim for at the very least, giving a 90 pct accurate report.

Instead, they give these absolute mental ramblings, about a game nobody else have seen.

I liked ie. Northamptons manager, who gave us every credit for being a very good passing team and playing a very good game, before he went into how crap his own team was.

For once, I actually heard a report from the opponents manager, I could relate to.

I just don't get, why they feel the need to go into these mental ramblings...

Artell lost whatever respect I had left for him (given his jumping ship when Vale went into admin) when he asserted that Vale fans weren't very bright in a post match interview. This was after one of his players got a Vale man (Kay?) sent off in a game at VP, then immediately afterwards the youth got up and ran off like a scalded cat after he'd been acting like he'd never walk again. Vale fans reacted which led to Artell's outburst.

Nasty man and equally nasty club. I'd love it if we stuffed them on Saturday.

Artell is one of the most pathetic blokes involved in football. He has a very weak character.

I expect Crwho to cheat and try every trick possible tomorrow to gain an unfair advantage. This is a reflection on their manager and the whole ethos of their club.

Hope we have decent, strong officials for this match who deal with players diving and are not swayed by players feigning injury and surrounding the ref to try and get other players sent off.

Then, if we perform well and press them, there's a chance we'll see an entertaining game of football.

It was Tonge who was sent off but Arstell would moan whatever. His display at their place last year when they equalised was a disgrace and this season his rant about Leon was pathetic. He was basically making any excuse up to cover his error of playing hoofball up.

Hope we have decent, strong officials for this match who deal with players diving and are not swayed by players feigning injury and surrounding the ref to try and get other players sent off.

I wouldn't hold your breath. We haven't had a competent referee for about 4 seasons

Andy Davies from Hampshire.

A referee who's been on the list for a good few years now but rarely gets appointed to our games for some reason.

Did that Sunday game at Millwall a few years ago. He also did the Accrington home game during our promotion season and he sent one of their lads off in the first couple of minutes.

Andy Davies from Hampshire.

A referee who's been on the list for a good few years now but rarely gets appointed to our games for some reason.

Did that Sunday game at Millwall a few years ago. He also did the Accrington home game during our promotion season and he sent one of their lads off in the first couple of minutes.

As a terrible tackle that! strong enough to send him off early.

Artell lost whatever respect I had left for him (given his jumping ship when Vale went into admin) when he asserted that Vale fans weren't very bright in a post match interview. This was after one of his players got a Vale man (Kay?) sent off in a game at VP, then immediately afterwards the youth got up and ran off like a scalded cat after he'd been acting like he'd never walk again. Vale fans reacted which led to Artell's outburst.

Nasty man and equally nasty club. I'd love it if we stuffed them on Saturday.

It’s nit just with vale. If you ever listen to him speak after a loss, the lack of any class is startling. Comments like ‘there was only one side playing football’ are common in his interviews. He was talking about honesty being he most important charactersitic the other day. Had to chuckle after reading Micky Adams book about artells ‘honesty’.

As for tomorrow’s match, I wouldn’t be surprised to see pope playing and miller demoted to the bench after this week.

Once again...it really doesn't matter what formation is played, it's how it is played that matters. We have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1 of our last 5 matches by playing 4-3-3. Given that points return it would be madness to change from that for this match.

To me, we haven't really played 4-3-3 these last three matches, more 4-5-1 with Miller, similar to Pope in Aspin days, left to fight it out on it's own, which is why I think Pope will probably start and Miller on the bench.

Am not sure why the change has occurred, as prior to these last three, we were definitely playing 4-3-3 with Hannant and Worall pressing much higher up the pitch than they are at the moment. They're still putting in huge shifts just not in the same areas?

Either way, with confidence hopefully sky high, another three points are definitely within in our reach and safety slowly but surely draws ever nearer

Archived