onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pledge 5000? STs sold latest

smithie

Advert

The Shanahans dont need you to tell them how to run a business they have done very well on their own. We are still only 6 weeks under their tenure and you are already criticising and making false claims the club is shut down, REALLY! Take a chill pill, you clearly haven't got much patience. Nobody is forced to buy a season ticket, but the majority buy one because we love the club we support. Smurthwaite killed that love for many but you can't hang that hat on Carol and Kevin. If you expect big name signings then you will be disappointed for a long time. Until we can build a team like Sir John Rudge did we will have to make steady progress. The fact we have gotten rid of the last despot owner is all the buzz i need.

And I dont need you, to tell me what to think.

I’ve been forming my own opinion succesfully for 40 years, and done very well on my own!

Okay, taking things litteral here, but by the club being shut down, I mean the people needed to make things happen, are all away. Therefor, nothing can happen. Check the clubs SoMe, not exactly buzzing with news is it...

‘Big name signings’ is your interpretation. I wrote ‘exciting signings’, that doesn’t have to be Christian Eriksen for my liking.

And I know I’m not forced to buy anything, but as I’m trying to say:

Instead of trying to keep the buzz going on SoMe, it seems like they’ve turned the computers off.

And why do people keep saying I’m slagging Carol and Kevin of? No I’m absolutely not!

People are making it out, as if Carol and Kevin are the only two people, working at the club...???

I would expect the club has employees, and that they’re capable of coming up with ideas, without Carol or Kevin telling them how to do the most basic things, like keeping the buzz going for ST.

Like this mythical ‘marketing department’ I’ve read about on here many a time, but never actually had confirmed, as being in existence.

I’ve been forming my own opinion succesfully for 40 years, and done very well on my own!

Okay, taking things litteral here, but by the club being shut down, I mean the people needed to make things happen, are all away. Therefor, nothing can happen. Check the clubs SoMe, not exactly buzzing with news is it...

‘Big name signings’ is your interpretation. I wrote ‘exciting signings’, that doesn’t have to be Christian Eriksen for my liking.

Instead of trying to keep the buzz going on SoMe, it seems like they’ve turned the computers off.

And why do people keep saying I’m slagging Carol and Kevin of? No I’m absolutely not!

People are making it out, as if Carol and Kevin are the only two people, working at the club...???

I would expect the club has employees, and that they’re capable of coming up with ideas, without Carol or Kevin telling them how to do the most basic things, like keeping the buzz going for ST.

Like this mythical ‘marketing department’ I’ve read about on here many a time, but never actually had confirmed, as being in existence.

6 weeks for Gods sake, cut them some slack,it's so easy to criticise, they have admitted that there is so much to do, you do realise Smurthwaite ran the club into the ground don't you ?

Your initially post was bang on the money for me, people have to be prepared and granted they weren’t really, you have to ask why the broader team weren’t preparing, maybe they were but just couldn’t make headway - but DV is right selling season tickets early to those who’ve lost the love, need a reason to get off their seats and seeing a new owner and players with very little league experience is not enough for some who want something to shout about on the pitch... at present that has not happened, maybe they might think about extending the deadline? Oh and sign some decent players

I don't think it's worth some posters getting in a tiz over this.

All that was really being said was that there was a lot of razamataz and hype and loads and loads of good PR in the first month but in the last two weeks it's gone a bit quiet.

That may well be because a lot of folk are on holiday or we haven't got as many on the job as we'd like to have this time last year, or whatever. But I think the last fortnight has gone a bit flat and we haven't managed to keep up the fantastic waves of publicity that we had a few weeks ago.

I've seen no push for tickets say in the Sentinel or on its website, nor any posters or fliers or e-mails in my in-box. Or jingles on Radio Stoke. Or whatever. I think the point is valid. It's understandable (we know what's gone on under NS) but it's a pity we haven't been able to keep the momentum right through until the end of this month when the early bird deadline expires.

That's all that was meant, I think. I don't have a major problem with that view. I imagine very few buy tickets after June 30th so the next 10 days are crucial to us.

I don't think it's worth some posters getting in a tiz over this.

All that was really being said was that there was a lot of razamataz and hype and loads and loads of good PR in the first month but in the last two weeks it's gone a bit quiet.

That may well be because a lot of folk are on holiday or we haven't got as many on the job as we'd like to have this time last year, or whatever. But I think the last fortnight has gone a bit flat and we haven't managed to keep up the fantastic waves of publicity that we had a few weeks ago.

I've seen no push for tickets say in the Sentinel or on its website, nor any posters or fliers or e-mails in my in-box. Or jingles on Radio Stoke. Or whatever. I think the point is valid. It's understandable (we know what's gone on under NS) but it's a pity we haven't been able to keep the momentum right through until the end of this month when the early bird deadline expires.

That's all that was meant, I think. I don't have a major problem with that view. I imagine very few buy tickets after June 30th so the next 10 days are crucial to us.

Thank you so much for boiling down my post!

As English is not my native tongue and I have a kind of picturesque way of speaking, sometimes my point gets a bit lost in translation :wink:

As English is not my native tongue and I have a kind of picturesque way of speaking, sometimes my point gets a bit lost in translation :wink:

Don’t worry, Danish, I understand your English far better than some of the locals on here!

Think his post literally just said he wasn’t slagging them off.

Really it is now up to CEO Colin Garlick to prove that his hands were tied by the Fat Controller.

Unfortunately things seem to be the same as before with little improvement in the admininistration and communication from the club.I am not blaming Kevin and Carol because they have inherited a can of worms and still have their own business to run.

The main thing is that we see improvements being made to address this and positive signs of good signings to wet the appetite of fans thinking of purchasing season tickets.As the early bird ticket deal ends next week which will kill off sales after that date there really must be some effort put in to encourage fans to buy tickets next week.I would even consider extending it by a month to give people more time to renew or buy season tickets.

In my humble opinion, the club has completely missed the mark on this one!

Of course people are entitled to a holiday, that is not the argument, though some people try to make it so.

But having the club defacto shutting down, going almost completely awol on SoMe, except the most basic news(ie Carabao Cup news), is simply counter productive, business wise.

If the club wants/expects a surge in early bird sales at this point, they need to up the ante, not go completely awol on all fronts.

We all know the kit won’t be launched while Max is away, and that no new players will join while either of Askey or Garlick is away.

So having these three, apparently, key personel away at the same time is, sorry to say, crap planing on the clubs part.

It wouldn’t be, if news continued to come out of the club, keeping the buzz alive, but that hasn’t been the case, in any way, shape or form.

The buzz is slowly dying, as the club has more or less come to a complete standstill.

#Newera is all well and fine, but it’s up to the club to keep it alive. Not kill it, by shuting down the club.

In my eyes, my critique is completely justified, and pretty basic business knowledge and has to be done better next year!

Oops, I ticked like by mistake.....

Has anyone thought that holidays were booked/planned long before the season ended. There are other people to consider too, family members school holidays etc. Perhaps our owners have to consider their core business too.

Let them get on quietly with the job at hand. Rome wasn't built in a day a d it will take a lot longer than 4/6 weeks to turn things around.

Chill and enjoy the summer - longer nights are already drawing in.

Danish....... it's a slow process as people have stated but I think a slow drip of news interspersed with big news is far better than one big hit followed by nothing at all..... because it keeps the connection.... even if it's only.... we have had 4 quotes to fix the bogs.... it's not very interesting but it indicates things are happening and more importantly we are not falling back to old ways...... that seems to be a big factor.

People may say..... who cares about the bogs..... maybe no one but they know things are happening and we haven't ground to a halt.

I personally do not see what the big deal is about season tickets as a fan will pay more to pay on the day if what is on the pitch is worth watching so for example if we beat Burton then draw say Aston Villa in the league cup and manage beat them with a Everton type performance then folk will not want miss Pope Bennett and co taking to the field .

If however the lifeless lot who took to the field on many home occasions take to the field then they better sell as many season tickets as possible because no one will pay watch rubbish.

I think that's why we need to sell as many as possible now!

From a very low base it's highly unlikely that we're going to metamorph into a top of the table team and score goals for fun.

We are still short of what we need to score more goals.

So slow steady progress is the more likely scenario and in that case we won't get many who turn up on spec hoping to see us play like a Rudge team.

But it's a fresh beginning so who knows?

What are the current numbers? We were updated every few days not so long ago but now....

Keep it up,please.

Not only are those counters interesting but they help with the buzz.

Archived