onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pledge 5000? STs sold latest

smithie

Patience please! It's going to be a long learning curve before we begin to make the progress we want . The Shanahans are new to all this and Askey has very limited experience as a league manager. It is a time for calm not criticism. Renewed season ticket on Monday in the knowledge that whatever money I spend on Vale will go into the club and not some greedy sod's back pocket. Faith and trust is what is necessary,cheers.

Advert

Patience please! It's going to be a long learning curve before we begin to make the progress we want . The Shanahans are new to all this and Askey has very limited experience as a league manager. It is a time for calm not criticism. Renewed season ticket on Monday in the knowledge that whatever money I spend on Vale will go into the club and not some greedy sod's back pocket. Faith and trust is what is necessary,cheers.

I am patient. But this, as I said, is bloody day 1, lesson 1, page 1 stuff, in how to run a business. If you want to get people to buy your product, especially in the run in to a deadline, you hype it more and more, get people excited, build a buzz and keep the buzz going. You have to tempt people into buying your product, to an extend that they can’t avoid buying one in the end.

This last fortnight, has been so f’ing dissapointing!

Why should I go buy a season ticket from a club, that seem more interested in killing the buzz, than to build one?

I said it from the start, when the Shanahans took over.

They needed to keep the buzz going, by getting exciting signings in, and keep other good positive news coming out of the club, in a steady stream to keep people excited.

But instead of keeping the train in motion, first Askey slowed it down by not signing anyone exciting, and now for the last fortnight, it’s been like a morgue news wise.

I’m sorry, but it’s simply not good enough!

I feel, as a fan, that if the club don’t care about the buzz, why should I?

They keep telling me to buy one, without enticing me to.

I trust that next year when Carol has got things sorted the manager and chief executive should not be allowed to go on holiday at the same time.I know we need to be patient but I do feel we have lost a little momentum.

My point put short.

I’m just feeling a bit sad, because it’s a big opportunity down the toilet

I am patient. But this, as I said, is bloody day 1, lesson 1, page 1 stuff, in how to run a business. If you want to get people to buy your product, especially in the run in to a deadline, you hype it more and more, get people excited, build a buzz and keep the buzz going. You have to tempt people into buying your product, to an extend that they can’t avoid buying one in the end.

Why should I go buy a season ticket from a club, that seem more interested in killing the buzz, than to build one?

They needed to keep the buzz going, by getting exciting signings in, and keep other good positive news coming out of the club, in a steady stream to keep people excited.

But instead of keeping the train in motion, first Askey slowed it down by not signing anyone exciting, and now for the last fortnight, it’s been like a morgue news wise.

Exciting signings ? .......Bury and Notts County come to mind.

I do take your point on board. However,we have to take account of the fact that this is a time following real chaos at the club. No one was sure that the takeover was going to happen,so people had more than likely made plans for holidays ahead of events. It's a fairly narrow window compared to most of us who have a whole year to pick from. I would be disappointed if it was the same in 12 months time but this year I feel allowances must be made.

I think you need to find yourself another interest for the summer months

I do take your point on board. However,we have to take account of the fact that this is a time following real chaos at the club. No one was sure that the takeover was going to happen,so people had more than likely made plans for holidays ahead of events. It's a fairly narrow window compared to most of us who have a whole year to pick from. I would be disappointed if it was the same in 12 months time but this year I feel allowances must be made.

Good post and next season must be different and im sure it will.

By the way, did you used to be an opening bowler for sandyford many years ago. :shifty:

The shannahans took over the club in may. Christ sake stop ****** moaning

Have a day off, Danish.

They can't exactly come in and cancel everyone's holidays. That's be a great way to get the staff on board.

They've inherited a shitshow. They're banking on goodwill for STs and whatever we sell will be a yardstick to compare future sales. I think they could've pushed it a bit more and sold a few hundred more, but I'd rather have owners who don't just throw money at something without a plan or idea of what impact it will have. I'm sure come next spring we will have a proper marketing plan in place to flog season tickets, hopefully in a spruced up ground.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

The Shanahans dont need you to tell them how to run a business they have done very well on their own. We are still only 6 weeks under their tenure and you are already criticising and making false claims the club is shut down, REALLY! Take a chill pill, you clearly haven't got much patience. Nobody is forced to buy a season ticket, but the majority buy one because we love the club we support. Smurthwaite killed that love for many but you can't hang that hat on Carol and Kevin. If you expect big name signings then you will be disappointed for a long time. Until we can build a team like Sir John Rudge did we will have to make steady progress. The fact we have gotten rid of the last despot owner is all the buzz i need.

I think it's hard to build a buzz around Division 4 football, but what we can do is capitalise on the goodwill towards the club from current and lapsed fans. I'm hoping this can be done through a summer open day and creatively thought-through promotions and events.

I'm sure the owners have plans for all this in good time.

Archived