onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pledge 5000? STs sold latest

smithie

As Doha said, building databases is the speciality of Synectics so I fully expect that issue to be sorted as soon as possible. I just wasn't sure how the club could email people who weren't on any existing database to push season tickets.

Marketing has been a problem at the club for years because the previous owners did not see it as important - no resources were ever put into a marketing strategy. The "Marketing Department" has usually been one person with no budget. Again, I'm sure that will change.

The new owners have been in situ for 6 weeks and are tasked with repairing the failings of decades. Cut them a bit of slack.

Advert

For some odd reason I get some e-mails but not all. It isn't consistent.

It is something that I'm sure will get sorted in due course because it is an important way of keeping contact with your customers on a regular basis.

I went to 3-4 Huddersfield games last year with a friend of mine and I've had more e-mails from the Terriers since than I get from the Vale.

Yes, I know they were a Premiership club then but it can't be that difficult to set up a data base and try very hard to get everyone on it.

Once it's running smoothly it shouldn't take much to tweak it and keep it updated.

There is however a great deal to do in a short space of time so we need to give everyone a bit of slack and have some patience.

As Doha said, building databases is the speciality of Synectics so I fully expect that issue to be sorted as soon as possible. I just wasn't sure how the club could email people who weren't on any existing database to push season tickets.

Marketing has been a problem at the club for years because the previous owners did not see it as important - no resources were ever put into a marketing strategy. The "Marketing Department" has usually been one person with no budget. Again, I'm sure that will change.

The new owners have been in situ for 6 weeks and are tasked with repairing the failings of decades. Cut them a bit of slack.

It’s slack enough they need a rocket to move them into the 20th century.

Put them on an incentive system no sales no pay works wonders.

Yeah they need a rocket up em, get Terrible Tyson signed PDQ.

I thought for a minute I was on the wrong thread and you were pitching for the Tory leadership with statements like that :wink:

We'll get players in. All in good time.

I don't think Askey has signed a contract and the Shanahans taken over to see us slide further down the table. They will know the importance of these next 4-5 signings.

I don't think too many clubs have as yet signed lots of players. Contracts run out soon so there will be a lot of movement before the end of this month.

That will, in turn, rekindle a bit more interest re-ticket sales.

I think something around 4000 will be more than commendable given the demise of the club in recent times.

Hopefully get more.

The only two sides i have seen figures from are

Leyton Orient 4600

Bradford 14000

Though as somebody said at 10 pence a go Bradford always sell well.

Hopefully decent away support from Walsall, Bradford and Plymouth too.

Yeovil and MK Franchise no loss on away numbers in The Hamil end.

In my humble opinion, the club has completely missed the mark on this one!

Of course people are entitled to a holiday, that is not the argument, though some people try to make it so.

But having the club defacto shutting down, going almost completely awol on SoMe, except the most basic news(ie Carabao Cup news), is simply counter productive, business wise.

If the club wants/expects a surge in early bird sales at this point, they need to up the ante, not go completely awol on all fronts.

We all know the kit won’t be launched while Max is away, and that no new players will join while either of Askey or Garlick is away.

So having these three, apparently, key personel away at the same time is, sorry to say, crap planing on the clubs part.

It wouldn’t be, if news continued to come out of the club, keeping the buzz alive, but that hasn’t been the case, in any way, shape or form.

The buzz is slowly dying, as the club has more or less come to a complete standstill.

#Newera is all well and fine, but it’s up to the club to keep it alive. Not kill it, by shuting down the club.

In my eyes, my critique is completely justified, and pretty basic business knowledge and has to be done better next year!

In my humble opinion, the club has completely missed the mark on this one!

Of course people are entitled to a holiday, that is not the argument, though some people try to make it so.

But having the club defacto shutting down, going almost completely awol on SoMe, except the most basic news(ie Carabao Cup news), is simply counter productive, business wise.

If the club wants/expects a surge in early bird sales at this point, they need to up the ante, not go completely awol on all fronts.

Yeh, that was my point above.

But I suppose if we don't have the staff and infrastructure in place it's hard to turn it around in a flash.

Relax. This is holiday time for footballers. We can't sign players while they're away.

I'm confident we'll add a couple of decent attacking players by mid June.

Have faith and get theesen a season ticket any road. Excitement will start to build tomorrow when the fixtures come out. A decent cup draw tomorrow night would help too. Stoke at home would generate interest and pretty much guarantee us getting through to Round 2 too!

Up the Vale!

Relax. This is holiday time for footballers. We can't sign players while they're away.

I'm confident we'll add a couple of decent attacking players by mid June.

Have faith and get theesen a season ticket any road. Excitement will start to build tomorrow when the fixtures come out. A decent cup draw tomorrow night would help too. Stoke at home would generate interest and pretty much guarantee us getting through to Round 2 too!

Up the Vale!

Things can be planned, you know 😉

Cambridge announced Hannant, while he was away on holiday.

Archived