onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pledge 5000? STs sold latest

smithie

You need to try and capture data at any available opportunity. Either via social media, the website, when people buy tickets, open days, meet the fans etc. I would also hope that we have some details stored somewhere of previous season ticket holders.

You need to get permission to send stuff but if you are a supporter of the club, you are not going to be averse to receiving emails from the club.

I get Emails most weeks from the club I assume as a ST, possibly not every ST gave their Email address at the time. Probably a case of better records, hopefully an overall is in progress to also include all ticket/shop customers.

Advert

Yep, all fairly obvious stuff and yet it's been beyond people whose role it is to use these methods and hopefully have some new ones.

I think the problem for some people is they are that closely involved with the club that they can't or won't acknowledge the shortcomings of their pals.

I run my own marketing consultancy business. There are so many things that could be done for very little money. It's amazing what a marketing plan can do.

No amount of glossy emails would persuade me to buy a season ticket for Stoke City.

I dont think you need an email to persuade you to buy a season ticket,good results will be a bigger pull.

Other services at the club, yes of course hospitality etc,but I would be amazed if by receiving an email you would turn round to the missus and say "You know what Ive not thought about that before I think I'll buy a season ticket.

Honestly speaking as Vale fan currently living in London, if Vale sent me something midweek about the upcoming match on a Saturday, maybe something as little as a £2 voucher to buy a pie or something that sounded atleast a bit personalised, it would probably tug on the heartstrings enough for me to head up a couple of more times per season. That's £50 extra to the club from a simple email.

I mean, the weekly newsletter gets me annoyed that I'm missing out sometimes so a tiny bit extra effort can go a long way.

I'm hoping someone will be assigned the role of stimulating both season and matchday ticket sales, as it's clear this hasn't been the case in recent years.

It's indicative of the mindset of many people that my pointing out the many shortcomings of the club in the past has been filed under "moaning"!

I’m wondering how the club is supposed to email prospective new season ticket holders? How do you get their email addresses?

Usually when they have or previously bought something in the shop or had a season ticket now or in the past.

They have my email and address.

I have had a season ticket for a few years but haven’t heard a dickie bird about offers in the shop or renewing my season ticket.Its no use sitting in the office waiting for the phone to ring.

Usually when they have or previously bought something in the shop or had a season ticket now or in the past.

They have my email and address.

I have had a season ticket for a few years but haven’t heard a dickie bird about offers in the shop or renewing my season ticket.Its no use sitting in the office waiting for the phone to ring.

Do you receive the Vale newsletter?

GDPR may prevent the club contacting people who they have in the past unless they have a record of us giving them permission, which I doubt they have.

If you have subscribed to a newsletter I would assume that they would have a record of the person subscribing which would in turn give them permission to send marketing information.

I very much doubt the club did anything other than record email addresses in other circumstances.

When I renewed my season ticket this year however, I only had my address confirmed for it to be posted. And certainly wasn't asked if I would be happy for the club to contact me for marketing purposes.

GDPR may prevent the club contacting people who they have in the past unless they have a record of us giving them permission, which I doubt they have.

If you have subscribed to a newsletter I would assume that they would have a record of the person subscribing which would in turn give them permission to send marketing information.

I very much doubt the club did anything other than record email addresses in other circumstances.

When I renewed my season ticket this year however, I only had my address confirmed for it to be posted. And certainly wasn't asked if I would be happy for the club to contact me for marketing purposes.

"This year" as in for next season?

If so, that's really really poor but totally unsurprising.

Can’t wait for Kevin to run through the offices with a big pick axe chasing all the open mouthed, brain dead useless ******* out. Root to branch clear out. The closed shop and free ride is over, time for the off-field side to start getting some actual fcùking work done.

The government food hygiene rating (or lack thereof) that Vale have been saddled with tells you all you need to know about Smurthwaite’s Vale.

This area is synectics literal market niche. Data and databases. They’ve got it in the onion bag, it’ll just take a year or two.

Can’t wait for Kevin to run through the offices with a big pick axe chasing all the open mouthed, brain dead useless ******* out. Root to branch clear out. The closed shop and free ride is over, time for the off-field side to start getting some actual fcùking work done.

The government food hygiene rating (or lack thereof) that Vale have been saddled with tells you all you need to know about Smurthwaite’s Vale.

This area is synectics literal market niche. Data and databases. They’ve got in the onion bag, it’ll just take a year or two.

Yep, it's looked like a holiday camp for far too long. A prime example is the club shop - how on earth can that place need more than one person running it in the week?

I'm sure Carol & Kevin will sort the marketing side of things asap.

All but a handful of emails in my inbox encouraging me to part with my pelf etc are consigned without reading to 'Junk - Delete'. All official and related Port Vale receive prompt attention.

Even though our letter box says 'Official Post Only' it still gets clogged with junk mail & flyers - all of which go straight into the recycle bin.

Yes I know, it's all part of marketing - and I'm wondering how many others are like me in this regard.

Just thought I have also attended a couple of the party nights in the lounge but have only received details of party events.

Maybe they can use that data base to contact people for or marketing?

No doubt one day it will be a all singing all dancing data base, the potential has always been there.

Archived