onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pledge 5000? STs sold latest

smithie

Advert

As a season ticket holder for years, I still haven't renewed for next season (although I will before the deadline). I'm amazed I have not been contacted in any way as yet. They have my phone number, they have my email address, yet nothing! Surely, even if you have only just taken over, your first priority is to bring in the funding that season tickets provide. A bright future hopefully, but I'm not sure we have even reached the early hours of dawn yet!

Why is it so important to get a mass produced E_Mail to try and sell you a season ticket ? some might argue it's all bulls**t and trying sell you a glossy product that wont live up to its promise.

The new owners have admitted they are not up to speed....Give em a break.

Why is it so important to get a mass produced E_Mail to try and sell you a season ticket ? some might argue it's all bulls**t and trying sell you a glossy product that wont live up to its promise.

Usual standard of reply I see. Any business, in almost any form, relies on sales. More sales either come from a successful product, a seriously hyped product or from an extremely good salesperson who can persuade you in to purchasing a product. A phone call or simply a 'glossy' email may be enough to remind a few to renew. As for the owners it isn't their job to sell season tickets, its to manage those that should be doing it and haven't been for years. As previously stated I know its early days, but even under the previous ownership I received a flyer through the post, it isn't rocket science!

The new owners will receive an exceptional amount of goodwill. A suggestion whether it is used or not, is just that a suggestion! So next time you receive a 'glossy' email and actually buy something, remember it couldn't possibly be the sales team trying to make you buy it, otherwise no emails, direct sales whether by post, email or tv would ever happen. God help ITV they will be going bust without the advertisement!

It's called marketing, an email costs very little to issue to thousands of people and shows people you want their business.

You snooze, you lose. The marketing department has been in a deep slumber for years.

At the end of the day, as Smithie quite rightly keeps banging on about, it is just very basic marketing.

After Lodey’s experience with the fax machine, the farcical situation surrounding Richards’ supposed return in January etc, it does actually make you wonder how much modern technology is used (or even available) at Vale.

Hopefully a more pro active ownership will help, but direct marketing is certainly an area that needs immediate attention.

Usual standard of reply I see. Any business, in almost any form, relies on sales. More sales either come from a successful product, a seriously hyped product or from an extremely good salesperson who can persuade you in to purchasing a product. A phone call or simply a 'glossy' email may be enough to remind a few to renew. As for the owners it isn't their job to sell season tickets, its to manage those that should be doing it and haven't been for years. As previously stated I know its early days, but even under the previous ownership I received a flyer through the post, it isn't rocket science!

The new owners will receive an exceptional amount of goodwill. A suggestion whether it is used or not, is just that a suggestion! So next time you receive a 'glossy' email and actually buy something, remember it couldn't possibly be the sales team trying to make you buy it, otherwise no emails, direct sales whether by post, email or tv would ever happen. God help ITV they will be going bust without the advertisement!

No amount of glossy emails would persuade me to buy a season ticket for Stoke City.

I dont think you need an email to persuade you to buy a season ticket,good results will be a bigger pull.

Other services at the club, yes of course hospitality etc,but I would be amazed if by receiving an email you would turn round to the missus and say "You know what Ive not thought about that before I think I'll buy a season ticket.

I dont think you need an email to persuade you to buy a season ticket,good results will be a bigger pull.

OK, look at it this way. We haven't had those results last season so we won't sell many based on that factor. But we may sell more on the back of the new regime, and if we don't sell them this season we plant the seed of thought for the future. At the very least the club have your email address and can keep in touch periodically at almost zero cost. It may be the regular emails from the club that prompt you to bear them in mind for other purposes. Business is very often a random thing, rather like going to the supermarket to do your shopping and coming home with a 55" TV because the opportunity to do so was put in front of you.

I think there may be a problem with the old site. My son spoke to Carol yesterday to ask how many new STs we had sold and she said she wasn't sure due to problems with the old site which is going to be replaced. Anyway folks cut the new owners a little slack as they have a mountain of tasks to put in place in a very short time.

Spot on Micheal and I can not see why people need to be reminded when to get there STs if have had them before :ohmy:

No amount of glossy emails would persuade me to buy a season ticket for Stoke City.

Other services at the club, yes of course hospitality etc,but I would be amazed if by receiving an email you would turn round to the missus and say "You know what Ive not thought about that before I think I'll buy a season ticket.

Whilst I agree that those that are likely to buy a season ticket anyway don't need the push, a well targeted email to those on the fence would be useful. It's probably way down the list of priorities at the moment, but I expect that by next season the club will have a solid CRM system in place, with regular email and even post contact, as do any sales businesses worth their salt.

I am certain that a better structured marketing approach will be on the list, but the new owners have priorities, such as getting new players in and sorting the stadium out so that we can actually play games.

As others have said, the marketing has been abysmal for years. It needs a marketing manager in place to organise things properly.

I think the cheap stuff like emails is the way to go. The returns from snail mail fliers etc, unless to people who might buy boxes is more controversial.

These days 99.9% are on email or social mediaand it’s basically free advertising. Anyone who’s remotely interested in a season ticket is already aware of new ownership and had invitations via video updates, interviews etc. The vast majority of fence sitters are going to do just that until results on the pitch, particularly home form improve dramatically. The marketing team have zero control over that.

I’m wondering how the club is supposed to email prospective new season ticket holders? How do you get their email addresses?
You need to try and capture data at any available opportunity. Either via social media, the website, when people buy tickets, open days, meet the fans etc. I would also hope that we have some details stored somewhere of previous season ticket holders.

You need to get permission to send stuff but if you are a supporter of the club, you are not going to be averse to receiving emails from the club.

You need to try and capture data at any available opportunity. Either via social media, the website, when people buy tickets, open days, meet the fans etc. I would also hope that we have some details stored somewhere of previous season ticket holders.

You need to get permission to send stuff but if you are a supporter of the club, you are not going to be averse to receiving emails from the club.

Yep, all fairly obvious stuff and yet it's been beyond people whose role it is to use these methods and hopefully have some new ones.

I think the problem for some people is they are that closely involved with the club that they can't or won't acknowledge the shortcomings of their pals.

Archived