onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics to bid again NOW EXCLUSIVE

Jacko51

It's that spiteful vindictiveness that could see things left out or added within the body of the agreement.

Howjy did warn a while ago if you poke a bear you might get bitten. Sadly he was right.

Still after reading through pages of hysteria this is surely a benefit for those demanding change as they will now get the change they want.

It wasn’t half a ill advised emotional outburst from Smurf, still now new potential owners have the chance to show everyone how the club can be run or incur wrath and demonstrations in a couple of years for their failure.

Advert

Colin Garlick seems to be a interesting position. Negotiate a deal to make himself redundant or don't negotiate a deal, and be redundant?? Hope hes sorting a good severance deal out...strange position to be in.

You reap what you sew. This is an opportunity to start afresh and that includes no Garlick or crap manager with a 22% win record and an enormous amount of players simply not good enough or mercenaries who don’t care about the badge.

I have read somewhere that the rental on the the ground is set at £150,000 a year for a minimum of 5 years.

Is this correct?

I’m sure that was muted a while ago.

To be honest the new owners would do well to find a new purpose built ground. Paying £150k per year for nothing (as the ground should be the club’s).

Rent for two years out of necessity whilst a new ground is built and then say thanks but no thanks.

Clean sweep all round.

It's that spiteful vindictiveness that could see things left out or added within the body of the agreement.

Yes but Smurthwaite has few options left now he has stated his intention to put the club into liquidation.

Obviously his Hong Kong deal fell through or was a smokescreen to push the price up.

He has stirred up a hornets nest with his latest antics and won’t dare show his face at Port Vale ever again.

Don’t accept any confidentiality clauses and publicise every move don’t let the bully get away with his silly games.

He thinks the supporters are mugs and will bow down to him.

Howjy did warn a while ago if you poke a bear you might get bitten. Sadly he was right.

Still after reading through pages of hysteria this is surely a benefit for those demanding change as they will now get the change they want.

It wasn’t half a ill advised emotional outburst from Smurf, still now new potential owners have the chance to show everyone how the club can be run or incur wrath and demonstrations in a couple of years for their failure.

I don't see Smurf as any kind of bear.... except maybe a bare was.... more flopping fish.

I’m sure that was muted a while ago.

To be honest the new owners would do well to find a new purpose built ground. Paying £150k per year for nothing (as the ground should be the club’s).

Rent for two years out of necessity whilst a new ground is built and then say thanks but no thanks.

Clean sweep all round.

Yes the council has past history of providing new grounds to local clubs and much better than building hotels in the middle of Hanley.

Take a 5year lease at 150k a year and make him wait for his money then move to a new purpose built stadium leaving him with a useless piece of land.

I have read somewhere that the rental on the the ground is set at £150,000 a year for a minimum of 5 years.

Is this correct?

I think that's the maximum price held a specific time period.... not that new owners have to agree that time period.

What worries me is could he put Port Vale fc into administration but still keep the money from the offices , the weddings and all the speed awareness courses so that he still has money coming in as the ground is a separate company

What worries me is could he put Port Vale fc into administration but still keep the money from the offices , the weddings and all the speed awareness courses so that he still has money coming in as the ground is a separate company

He probably would as it's not PVFC as owners..... unless a plan to move was incorporated I wouldn't buy PVFC without the ground and ALL the facilities.

Guest TommyMac
150k a year is less than I thought it would be, may be doable if absolutely necessary whilst we look at options going forward in terms of moving?

£150k is almost £3000 per week, potentially a very good player or 2 decent players. If we could get grants/investment, I'd rather we looked to build a new 10-12000 capacity stadium.

Archived