onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics to bid again NOW EXCLUSIVE

Jacko51

Like it or not, that is how many see it from the outside. Many a true word said in jest. The cycle is pretty much accurate in every part. I hope the Synectics takeover means we are run in a strategic and intelligent way where this cycle can be broken.

I'm reasonably confident they break the cycle of the football club being owned by absolute idiots. I've come to the conclusion that's been the root cause of all our problems.

Advert

It was clear as daylight that Smurthwaite was calling our bluff on P&G just to get a reaction . A smart businessman or just a big baby? If it is £4million, then he’ll be laughing all the way to the bank. He’s played us well. Still, what’s it worth to save a club that is a huge part of the community of Burslem? Probably a lot more, because for the fans. Port Vale FC is their club. I like to think it’s my club. So, whatever it takes to be shut and done of Smurthwaite is worth it. A lot of negotiations to be done yet, but I believe that a woman who can run a successful business, with 350 employees, can certainly run a football club. I have no doubt that she will be fine , along with Kevin. The last 3 years have been painful for me , so I can’t imagine what it has been like for Vale fans in Burslem. However , our luck may be about to change , and staying up will be a very good start. Then, who knows after that?

Vale Till I Die

I think Smurthwaite was calling out bluff to get £4m, however, I don’t think any of us could keep seeing our club to be continually mismanaged both on and off the field for a further 12 months/ 2 years/ 5 years etc....

So if it means that Carol and Kevin have to pay a bit more for the club to get this incumbent removed (which obviously they seem prepared to do at this moment in time) and it means we are then on a more stable footing as a club which will hopefully move the club forward on and off the pitch then in my opinion it’s worth the extra £££ that Carl and Kevin are prepared to put in.

I just hope the stay away fans see it the same way and are prepared to invest in ST’s next season so that we can all show out appreciation to Carol and Kevin for finally giving our club a future to potentially look forward to!

I'm reasonably confident they break the cycle of the football club being owned by absolute idiots. I've come to the conclusion that's been the root cause of all our problems.

Nothing in football can ever be certain, but business expertise and willingness to learn about a different business must have a chance, only time will tell but the future looks a lot better.

I still cant understand how it all went wrong at the Vale for our Chairman. I am sure I remember someone saying it was harder to run Stoke Audi than the Vale. Hope the Chairman running Stoke Audi is still ok. Thinking about it he must be as cant remember seeing any protestors outside the last time I drove passed.

The chairman of Stoke Audi is fine, his group turns over £400m a year and lives near Alderley Edge

I did enjoy this post:

The Vale Cycle:

- Shanahans buy the club, the unwashed are <ovf censored> themselves into oblivion

- Shanahans come out with some contrived ******** about getting Vale “back in the big time” (they’ve never ******* been there but I digress) spunking levels reach critical in Burslem

- The sentinel does a huge spread about the Shanahans being actual beings formed from the DNA of Jesus, the Dalai Lama and Mahatma Ghandi

- The Stoke abuse starts, because after all they’re practically Man City now and they’ll definitely be in a league above us in 5 years time

- Pre-season starts, the Shanahans either give Askey the piggy bank (which has got a thruppence and a condom wrapper in it) or appoint some **** with an exotic name, Johan Van Den Bellendersen or something

- He signs a 33 year old winger who once had a trial at Borussia Monchengladbach, the streets in Burslem are now closed off because of the pool of seminal fluid that has accumulated in Middleport

- The season begins, they win their first two games 1-0, against the Dog & Dick FC and the Grocott Centre U18’s, Tom Pope scores in both and celebrates by ripping into our players, who have all played at a higher level than he’s ever done in his entire career, and beating the absolute **** out of his missus

- We have a bit of a crap run, the goading begins to snowball even more, they’re going to overtake us in a year, they even get out their best Diadora polo’s to strut around in, such is their confidence

- Results begin to dry up, but why? They’re the greatest team in the league, it must be the players, so they turn on them, every minute mistake is greeted with threats of rape and pillagery against those very beings who are going to carry them all the way to the Champions League

- This doesn’t work, so the one semi-functioning lightbulb in Burslem comes on, the players must be de-motivated, the manager needs to have it, said manager is then ousted from his position with all the vocal ire not seen since the Nazi’s filtered Jews into ghettos

- The yokels demand an ex-legend be placed in charge (They must be running thin on those now Christ), the Shanahans oblige, because they’re not just owners, they’re fans as well.

- Leon Constantine takes over, he wins his first two games, order is restored, parity is then cast over that rusted, empty paedophiles lair that they call Vale Park

- Results then begin to wobble, again, now this is a cause of mass confusion, they’ve had a go at the players, that didn’t work, they’ve ousted the manager, that didn’t work, they’ve appointed a club legend, that didn’t work, is this because in reality they’re a really, really ******* awful team? And the fans are the thickest bunch of obnoxious ******** you’re ever likely to come across? No! It’s obviously the owners! LYNCH THEM!

- The Shanahans, who have bowed to the Valeite’s every whim, are systemically disembowelled, their leadership, their funding, their ethics, their very existence is bought into question, alls they’ve done is try to restore the Vale to where they themselves believe they should be, but it’s just not enough.

- A hate campaign is started, games are boycotted (only 5 fans go to games rather than the normal 10), the owners are slandered on Twitter, radio and their cars are egged, Mr Shanahan is branded a raging nonce, all the while results are continuing to tumble and Tom Pope is trying his new boots out by treading on his missus’s face

- The Sentinel get wind of it, they join in the character assassinations of a family who only wanted to help, but the braindead hounds they are catering to are incapable of rational thought.

- The club is then put up for sale, skirting with administration and the whole fiasco starts again.

What a ******* ****, nasty pointless club Port Vale FC are, their ground is a **** tip, their fans are sub-human pariah’s, and their very existence has a detrimental effect on the entire football league pyramid.

I hope Smurthwaite pulls the plug at the last second for a pisser and plunges the ******** into the job centre where they belong.

Like it or not, that is how many see it from the outside. Many a true word said in jest. The cycle is pretty much accurate in every part. I hope the Synectics takeover means we are run in a strategic and intelligent way where this cycle can be broken.

The deluded Stokies are still wounded by the thrashing dished out to there U23 team and worried we will probably be challenging them in Div 1 when they get relegated again.

Without the Bet 365 millions pumped into the club against tax they would probably be where we are or probably worse off.

I just want us to finish higher than we have been under Smurthwaite and not held to ransom.

Anything else is a bonus.

Just think what the Shanaghans could have done with the Hugill money rather than Smurthwaite squirrelling it away in his @rse pocket.
It may only be "small fry" but I will be partaking of a season ticket next year assuming all goes well and if kiosk sales are going to the club then I guarantee pies will be sold on a regular basis . As for our friends down the road they are just football fans as we are.....no more, no less.

It may only be "small fry" but I will be partaking of a season ticket next year assuming all goes well and if kiosk sales are going to the club then I guarantee pies will be sold on a regular basis . As for our friends down the road they are just football fans as we are.....no more, no less.

I would guess that EVERYTHING will go back in to run the club and improve the playing side,from the kiosks,the club shop,any player sales etc..

I'm sorry, but I simply refuse to take stick from a fanbase who went 12 rounds (losing on points, split decision) with a row of urinals when their golden generation got taken apart by a Neil Aspin team.

The days of stick from Stoke fans are finished. I can only offer them the advice that they work on their jui jitsu if they fancy a royal rumble with the Hamil Road sinks, they're tough lads and they won't win a standing up affair.

I simply pray to God that Jones can turn things around and they avoid another catastrophic season of mid-table Championship mediocrity, or that boadroom door is going to need new hinges again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3344969/Peter-Coates-turbulent-love-affair-Stoke-death-threats-came-more.html

"Beneath the caustic Potteries wit, Mrs Coates had every reason to wonder. Her husband's first period at Stoke had ended amid death threats reported to the police and a riot at the Britannia Stadium following a 7-0 home defeat by Birmingham City in January 1998. That day, a number of home supporters smashed their way into the boardroom."

Archived