onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mr Smurthwaite's games begin........

I’m wondering what Stoke Council are thinking about this current shitstorm. Losing Vale could actually kill off a lot of businesses in an already struggling Burslem. Could they find suitable land to build Community Stadium 2 in the area?

Like Burslem Park?

It’s a pity planning permission for housing has just been granted for the old doulton site, that would have been ideal.

Advert

I’m wondering what Stoke Council are thinking about this current shitstorm. Losing Vale could actually kill off a lot of businesses in an already struggling Burslem. Could they find suitable land to build Community Stadium 2 in the area?

Like Burslem Park?

Back to our roots?

They'd be more likely to offer us Westport Lake.

Trubshawe Cross is much better or Chatterley Valley which would attract grants.If we actually stay in Europe they are quite amenable to giving cultural grants which I am sure we could justify.In Cyprus they have built loads of churches with EU money so I am sure we can convince them it is a place of worship.

The National Lottery are always looking for good causes to support so is worth a try.

Maybe the council could build an Hotel alongside to subsidise it.

Someone else has already posted that the council own the training pitches so wouldn’t it be nice to walk past the old ground and wave to Mr Smurthwaite sitting in his ivory tower.

Like Burslem Park?

It's worth baring in mind that the Council have a childrens centre on site at Vale Park.

Speeding courses are held there. I'm sure that Smurthwaite has severly tarnished his reputation with the authorities as well as local businesses and sponsors (I know this first hand).

I think that fan organisations should lobby local businesses as well as striking up a positive relationship with the council.

Opportunities for leaving Vale Park should be on the agenda. We will need lots of support and help to do so. I'm sure the council must be in a position to at worst rattle Smurthwaite's cage so to speak.

No one wants him there anymore, certainly not as a landlord.

This post is ridiculous... no potential owners are going to buy the club and not play at Vale Park ! It will be part of the deal , why wouldn’t it be ! Pull yourselves together , Smurtwaite is on the way out , we don’t know who yet but someone else will take over and the club will go on ! 🙂

This post is ridiculous... no potential owners are going to buy the club and not play at Vale Park ! It will be part of the deal , why wouldn’t it be ! Pull yourselves together , Smurtwaite is on the way out , we don’t know who yet but someone else will take over and the club will go on !

If Sexman is holding the ground to ransom then any potential owner has to have a plan B.

Archived