Black & Gold Group

Mr Smurthwaite's games begin........

You are mistaken mate...... shergar is being crossed with a Shetland to produce pit ponies to up productivity in the fudge mines in Transylvania..... and lucan was last seen trying to cross the Pacific on a raft made of traffic cones and pencil shavings.

Your is partially correct about Shergar. He was no good at his job so ended up on the back of the 0,50L stamps, but you’re miles out with Lucan. He disappeared into the world of clay and surfaced as a sponger/fettler. Some say he works on Churchill’s, but I know different 😉

Looking to buy Macc? Which, reading between the lines means he expects the Synetics deal to go through.:clap:

Well,he's been trying for years to own a side in the national league,but his plan to get vale there failed,just.

Does Smurthwaite def own Vale Social. Whilst disappointing for the person in question. It's a positive it's being Soldb4214b4a1986b58c7d15d5b59ea1fcc9.jpg6bd35f536548480358e5b67ac5fa7054.jpg

How can it be sold, doesn’t it form part of the ground?

Does Carol Shanahan know it’s being sold when she’s in negotiations to buy the club.

Does Carol Shanahan know it’s being sold when she’s in negotiations to buy the club.

I would assume it’s been sold to the Shanahan’s, if anybody.

Good sign that’s it’s been sold in terms of hoping for the full sale of the club at least, I guess they are just not committing to events possibly as per the Facebook post as it’s up in the air as to what will then happen with it.

I read it to mean, it hasn't been sold yet mate, but is being sold shortly. So if Smurthwaite owns it, then that is surely a good sign

I read it to mean, it hasn't been sold yet mate, but is being sold shortly. So if Smurthwaite owns it, then that is surely a good sign

See what you mean, I’m just suspicious of anything Smurthwaite does, wouldn’t put it past him to try and make a few quick bucks before he goes.

See what you mean, I’m just suspicious of anything Smurthwaite does, wouldn’t put it past him to try and make a few quick bucks before he goes.

Can’t make much money except on match days.

Unless Smurf has used it to pay the club one of his Directors loans and part of the deal is he keeps the social club and puts Debbie McGee in as Manager.

Good sign that’s it’s been sold in terms of hoping for the full sale of the club at least, I guess they are just not committing to events possibly as per the Facebook post as it’s up in the air as to what will then happen with it.

If it's been sold, and all future bookings have been cancelled, why are all bookings in the Valiant sweet being honoured, and they are taking further bookings, or could it be the social club lease is up at the end of the season.

If it's been sold, and all future bookings have been cancelled, why are all bookings in the Valiant sweet being honoured, and they are taking further bookings, or could it be the social club lease is up at the end of the season.

No idea, maybe they plan to renovate it over the summer? Time will tell but all being well we will be taken over shortly and can move on.

Can’t make much money except on match days.

Unless Smurf has used it to pay the club one of his Directors loans and part of the deal is he keeps the social club and puts Debbie McGee in as Manager.

What would Paul Daniels have said? :ohmy:

I am off to watch Tranmere my second team today. I can walk to Tranmere in the time it takes to drive to Port Vale. Just saying Mr Smurf in case you change your mind about selling up. Oh, and I can watch Liverpool a few times a season as well with the fuel I'll save. Oh, damn I like Burslem Park and Wrights Pies though.

It recently closed due to flooding and that's why a supporters club meeting was moved to Burslem Golf club.Dont know if it has been sorted and it has been opened and used again since the flood.

Or it could be that the place is just being closed down due to uncertainty and cost to repair the flood damage.Or lease is up and due to the uncertainty its not being renewed.

Edited by melv