onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mr Smurthwaite's games begin........

Advert

Give them a chance and see if they can. If all income streams went into the club they might just manage it.

It's no use knocking if theres no one in,some and there aren't many left now, have backed themselves into a corner and can't be seen to admit that Smurthwaite is just a complete joke and a dangerous one at that.

There are three bids in at the moment, the Asian consortium have paid £100,000 to see the books, if every thing is in order, they will pay 2.8 million and rent the ground, no idea who the other interested parties are, at this stage, this Information as come from BBC Midlands TV.

Doesn’t he have to declare that 100k and it should be shown in the accounts.

As he can’t say he is putting it in the club it becomes income and attracts a large amount of tax.

Suppose he will try to write it off against his supposed Directors loans.

I was obviously very wrong about NS. It seems he has split the money-making part of the business (the stadium) from the money-pit that is the Football Club (all of which he paid a total of £1.25 million for) and now has a queue of people wanting to purchase the Football Club for millions and eager to pay him rent.

NS is, in fact, a genius.

I couldn't agree more. The football club makes a loss, he props it up with directors loans, which he aims to get back via a sale. In the meantime the stadium business pulls in cash with very few outgoings and he's laughing. I'm sure he's made enough from the ground to cover any and all money he's loaned to the football club side. If we go into admin he, graciously, wipes out his loans in the knowledge that anyone buying the club from the administrator's will (almost 100%) have to rent the ground off him and as part of that rental agreement deal the buyers will have to forego concession and function sales to Norm.

Any purchase price for the club and the ground before may 5th will be high to reflect the income he's planning on taking from the ground if the club does end up in admin.

The man's an Asset & Soul Stripping genius.

I couldn't agree more. The football club makes a loss, he props it up with directors loans, which he aims to get back via a sale. In the meantime the stadium business pulls in cash with very few outgoings and he's laughing. I'm sure he's made enough from the ground to cover any and all money he's loaned to the football club side. If we go into admin he, graciously, wipes out his loans in the knowledge that anyone buying the club from the administrator's will (almost 100%) have to rent the ground off him and as part of that rental agreement deal the buyers will have to forego concession and function sales to Norm.

Any purchase price for the club and the ground before may 5th will be high to reflect the income he's planning on taking from the ground if the club does end up in admin.

What a way to lead your life

Don’t you mean an a@se hole.

What a way to lead your life

Him for being an asset stripper or me for believing he's an asset stripper? 😂

One thing I know is he will (and probably already has) made is money back and more some. If he can do that without losing face by not selling to Carol he will however I don't believe there's any other viable bidders at this point.

If we get relegated via admin or otherwise it doesn't matter to him, as long as he's gets his cash. Theres no Asian bidders, he knows the shanahans don't want to start their tenure of the club in the conference so they will likely pay an inflated premium in the next few weeks. If they don't it goes to administration and he wins anyway.

All this about administration stuff is crap. If he's going to pay all the debts off and no one is owed any money and he is the only owner then he can just dissolve PVFC and cease trading. No need for administrators.

He could, but where's the value in that?

No money to be made from liquidation, but there is money too be made if you owned the ground separately from the club 🤔

He’s easy to read isn’t he. Emotional blackmail.

I think Carol & SS won’t purchase club without ground and rightly so. So that leaves either further rogues, charlatans or admin.

If admin, then i see our only viable future away from Vale Park, as it’s a dead duck without the facilities income and to be honest I don’t want to give him ‘one cent’ via any channel.

He’s going to play hard ball, that’s why he’s ran off. It’ll catch up with him though, he’s too fat, loud and ugly to hide.

He’s easy to read isn’t he. Emotional blackmail.

I think Carol & SS won’t purchase club without ground and rightly so. So that leaves either further rogues, charlatans or admin.

If admin, then i see our only viable future away from Vale Park, as it’s a dead duck without the facilities income and to be honest I don’t want to give him ‘one cent’ via any channel.

He’s going to play hard ball, that’s why he’s ran off. It’ll catch up with him though, he’s too fat, loud and ugly to hide.

I'd love us to get the club back, spend 18 months playing somewhere else and move to a brand new smaller stadium with state of the art conference and hospitality facilities with good car parking. The tighter atmosphere would help the players, the facilities, properly marketed, would add value to the squad and club.

This may be the opportunity to do that, blessing in disguise maybe, although it will cost a lot.

Threats against any person are wrong, anyone who threatens Norm with anything beyond words and protests are not only acting as rank bad cads but are also fuelling his current hate for the club.

We are right, he is wrong, take the moral high ground and don't let your anger make you into someone you don't want to be.

Archived